This or That? - Luke Ball vs Andrew Embley

Started by KoopKicka, October 19, 2012, 11:25:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew42

Could we update this and add Moloney? Seems to be my main pickle atm...

SydneyRox

Embley is mutton dressed up as lamb. Ball should proove seviceable.

hardnut

I've gone Moloney and Embley at this stage. Really want some platform players to leap to ultra premo's earlier, of course it's early days in the selection process

kilbluff1985

hardnut

think I'm just dodging Ball as I have Swan/Pendles already and really don't like the Pies much but you can't go wrong with Ball and he does seem a top bloke.

Jukes

Neither Ball nor Embley (nor Moloney for that matter) in my side, going guns n rooks in the midfield this season, too much risk to play an MP in the most important line.

Swan, Pendles, Cotch, Stants, Fyfe, Wines, O'Meara, Viney (Jones, T. Mitchell)

hardnut

I get what you're saying Jukes but I don't see the risk this year. If Embley/Ball/Moloney or whoever struggle they will become a rookie that's flying and I'll pocket $$ giving increased flexibility for my many other trades. Th expectation for me however is they will score better than most rookies and be a quicker step to a true premo.

Remember unlike the past when we always talked about the value of trades this year they are worth nothing if you don't spend them. It's the same philosophy that allows you to picks Stants (rollercoaster) and Fyfe (injury concerns and yet to be mid premo) but applied differently.

tbagrocks

But ... we have 44 trades ... everything chandes ... risks now become a massive strategy

But my risk might be on a Caddy, Swallow, Stevens type over the old blokes, hoping for an Ebert for 2013

hardnut

Quote from: tbagrocks on February 03, 2013, 03:17:31 AM
But ... we have 44 trades ... everything chandes ... risks now become a massive strategy

But my risk might be on a Caddy, Swallow, Stevens type over the old blokes, hoping for an Ebert for 2013
that's what I mean, in the past picking mid-pricers with the risk they fail and you burn a trade sucked, now you can take that risk and relax as if the mid-pricer fails it gives you something to do with those trades.

Windigo

Embely showed he still had it late last year after coming off a long lay off.

If he has a decent NAB he really should be considered at his bargain price.