Main Menu

Best 22 2013

Started by roti, October 19, 2012, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

Quote from: JROO8 on December 07, 2012, 05:40:02 PM
Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Wood is younger than Orren and more importantly he's just a better footballer. Think we should definitely get him.
Not sure that Elton will ever be a Ruckman, looks more suited to a CHF, pinch hit in the ruck role. He will be a player good though definitely, Ive seen a fair bit of him. He wasn't given much of a chance in 2012, played one game on Rutten in Adelaide. Pretty tough way to start your career.
Derickx im not sure about. He isn't a kid so he needed to make an impact right from the start when given the chance and to be honest I was less than inspired with the games he played for us. He will need to really go up a level this year.
McBean will hopefully be a player but there is no way he's playing for at least 2 years. He is the skinniest guy I can ever recall seeing on an AFL list to be honest. And that leaves us with Vickery who isn't a ruckmans ass. He can offer some relief for a tiring ruckman but thats about it, hes a forward.
Yeah I would rather Wood over Orren myself due to age and Wood could become a good footballer, because he was rated pretty highly when he was younger.

Yeah he's not a bad player at all, just never really got the chance at the pies. When he filled in though he did the job. Really hope we grab him

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2012, 05:45:21 PM
Wood is younger than Orren and more importantly he's just a better footballer. Think we should definitely get him.
Not sure that Elton will ever be a Ruckman, looks more suited to a CHF, pinch hit in the ruck role. He will be a player good though definitely, Ive seen a fair bit of him. He wasn't given much of a chance in 2012, played one game on Rutten in Adelaide. Pretty tough way to start your career.
Derickx im not sure about. He isn't a kid so he needed to make an impact right from the start when given the chance and to be honest I was less than inspired with the games he played for us. He will need to really go up a level this year.
McBean will hopefully be a player but there is no way he's playing for at least 2 years. He is the skinniest guy I can ever recall seeing on an AFL list to be honest. And that leaves us with Vickery who isn't a ruckmans ass. He can offer some relief for a tiring ruckman but thats about it, hes a forward.
Yeah I would rather Wood over Orren myself due to age and Wood could become a good footballer, because he was rated pretty highly when he was younger.

Yeah he's not a bad player at all, just never really got the chance at the pies. When he filled in though he did the job. Really hope we grab him
Wood was drafted at pick 18 and than swapped from Brisbane to Collingwood for pick 14, so must have been alright as a junior.
Would be handy back up as we could keep him for a few more years than the Big O.

Toga

yeah that's exactly my thinking, i just think wood would be an alround better pick because he just has more upside given his age.

Derickx is still only 24 so i'd give him at least another year, maybe two before we start calling for his delisting

quinny88

Quote from: Toga on December 07, 2012, 05:53:31 PM

yeah that's exactly my thinking, i just think wood would be an alround better pick because he just has more upside given his age.

Derickx is still only 24 so i'd give him at least another year, maybe two before we start calling for his delisting

Yeah another year for Derickx but that would be it as far as im concerned. As a mature age recruit you are actually required to hit the ground running from the start or your out the door pretty fast. I remember watching him in the 2011 nab cup and thinking he was going to be a gun but injury and now lack of form have not made him look good. Hopefully he is smashing out a massive pre season and raring to go!

Nige

The rumours this morning are that we'll take Jason Pongracic and Orren Stephenson. Thoughts on this?

3 hours and we'll find out for sure.  ::)

Kellogscrunchynut

Not flash on Stephenson too old for us didn't do much for Geelong this year, however could be a good mentor for the younger ruck prospects.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on December 11, 2012, 08:59:19 AM
The rumours this morning are that we'll take Jason Pongracic and Orren Stephenson. Thoughts on this?

3 hours and we'll find out for sure.  ::)
Would be stoked if we could get Ponngracic. Surprised he didn't get drafted and I would have been happy if we picked him up in the ND. He is a big inside midfielder who is pretty tough, so Dimma will like him.

Kellogscrunchynut

We passed our pre season pick.

Jroo

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 11, 2012, 12:04:03 PM
Yep will take The Big O in the rookie draft

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: JROO8 on December 11, 2012, 12:07:02 PM
Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on December 11, 2012, 12:04:03 PM
Yep will take The Big O in the rookie draft
Looking like we'll be giving Addam Maric another go aswell.

Windigo

With our four picks in today's Rookie Draft we have selected Ricky Pettered from Melbourne, Sam Lonergan from Essendon, Orren Stephenson from Geelong and Cadeyn Williams from the Murray Bushrangers.

All very good picks I must say.  :)

Ricky is a good player, just didn't gel at Melbourne.

elephants

Pettard likely to battle with Knights for a spot? Or is there room for both/neither?

Nige

Quote from: elephants on December 11, 2012, 07:58:22 PM
Pettard likely to battle with Knights for a spot? Or is there room for both/neither?
I'd say Knights is ahead of Petterd in the pecking order.

AFEV

Quote from: NigeyS on December 11, 2012, 08:00:42 PM
I think you might be overestimating Knights' ability. :P

elephants

Quote from: Sid on December 11, 2012, 08:02:43 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 11, 2012, 08:00:42 PM
I think you might be overestimating Knights' ability. :P
Nah I'd agree with Nigey.