Main Menu

Best 22 2013

Started by roti, October 19, 2012, 09:49:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2012, 11:53:48 AM
Here's something to talk about.

QuoteRichmond is set to sit out the pre-season draft and instead choose to enter next year with 38 players on its senior list and six rookies.

Also, we're apparently going to reselect Addam Maric as a rookie.

Quotethe Tigers could consider giving forward Addam Maric another shot on the rookie list.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-06/clubs-shy-away-from-psd

The article from which I got both quotes.
Would rather we gave someone else a second chance rather than Maric. Hopefully he stands up, he's been Delsited twice now. And how good was his tackle on Goddard against the Sains this year, turned the game around!
It would be good have 6 or 7 rookies fighting over who gets on the senior list. There will be two spots up for grabs so can only see it as a good thing.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 07, 2012, 11:58:02 AM

QuoteRichmond is set to sit out the pre-season draft and instead choose to enter next year with 38 players on its senior list and six rookies.

Quotethe Tigers could consider giving forward Addam Maric another shot on the rookie list.

Would rather we gave someone else a second chance rather than Maric. Hopefully he stands up, he's been Delsited twice now. And how good was his tackle on Goddard against the Sains this year, turned the game around!
It would be good have 6 or 7 rookies fighting over who gets on the senior list. There will be two spots up for grabs so can only see it as a good thing.
Could be given to someone else, but he'll be on the rookie list and it's clearly no biggie. Yeah, having two spots can only be a good thing, just hope the right two people get the spots when the time comes. I guess I'm just really surprised we didn't opt for Wood or Stephenson.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2012, 12:04:13 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on December 07, 2012, 11:58:02 AM

Could be given to someone else, but he'll be on the rookie list and it's clearly no biggie. Yeah, having two spots can only be a good thing, just hope the right two people get the spots when the time comes. I guess I'm just really surprised we didn't opt for Wood or Stephenson.
I reckon we will rookie one of them. Would be happy with Toy, but have heard some people say he could go undrafted

quinny88

Wood is a must. It cant be left to Vickery and Derickx if Ivan is to go down injured.
Would't bother with little Maric.

Jroo

Nige

Wood or Orren? I'd prefer the former even though I once voiced my dislike for him.

Toga

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2012, 02:51:07 PM
Wood or Orren? I'd prefer the former even though I once voiced my dislike for him.

Stephenson, really? ???

That seems a bit stupid to me, unless we are in a position to grab another quality ruckman next year, or Derickx is looking really promising to the club's officials. He's 30, will probably only last a year, whereas Wood could last up to 6 or 7.

Don't think it'd be a good move by the club to pick him up imo.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on December 07, 2012, 03:16:02 PM

Stephenson, really? ???

That seems a bit stupid to me, unless we are in a position to grab another quality ruckman next year, or Derickx is looking really promising to the club's officials. He's 30, will probably only last a year, whereas Wood could last up to 6 or 7.

We only need him for a year or two. Not the worst move imo.
In two to three years McBan and Elton will be ready to step up

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 07, 2012, 03:17:52 PM

Stephenson, really? ???

The only other ruck option we have that I rate is Derickx. He could be something. I don't see anything in Elton. I have a soft spot for McBean because he has a cool name though.

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2012, 03:29:52 PM

Stephenson, really? ???

The only other ruck option we have that I rate is Derickx. He could be something. I don't see anything in Elton. I have a soft spot for McBean because he has a cool name though.
Give Elton 2-3 years, he wil be a gun. Would have been a top 10 pick in 2011, but was stung by a spider or something and was in hospital, I think before the Under 18 championship. He performed badly, making him slip down the draft order, but I was happy with him at pick 26. He has a very light frame and needs to bulk up before he can play at AFL level. Don't know why we played him this year, he just isn't ready as yet but he will be a player. I don't really rate Derickx as the first ruckmen and we need Orren badly just incase

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on December 07, 2012, 03:45:55 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on December 07, 2012, 03:29:52 PM

Stephenson, really? ???

Give Elton 2-3 years, he wil be a gun. Would have been a top 10 pick in 2011, but was stung by a spider or something and was in hospital, I think before the Under 18 championship. He performed badly, making him slip down the draft order, but I was happy with him at pick 26. He has a very light frame and needs to bulk up before he can play at AFL level. Don't know why we played him this year, he just isn't ready as yet but he will be a player. I don't really rate Derickx as the first ruckmen and we need Orren badly just incase
I still would prefer Wood, he has more years in him which is handy in case Elton and McBean don't come along as planned.

At this stage, to rank the ruck stocks it'd be: Ivan, Vicks, Derickx, Elton, McBean.

However, Vicks should be a forward and if your drop him out of those rankings. Derickx is next best behind Ivan. So yes, we do need a back up but it's whether we go for a short term option in Wood or an even shorter term option in Orren. Still probably should have looked at Seaby though... ::)

Toga

That's true Jroo, i forgot about those young blokes. And I guess if we can develop McBean enough over the time before Orren retires then it wouldn't be too bad a move.

I really rate Elton as well, but agreed that he still has a lot of development to go before he realises his potential, but even so, he's the same as Vicks in the sense that he is more of a tall forward target who can pinch hit rather than a full time ruckman.

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on December 07, 2012, 05:26:40 PM
That's true Jroo, i forgot about those young blokes. And I guess if we can develop McBean enough over the time before Orren retires then it wouldn't be too bad a move.

I really rate Elton as well, but agreed that he still has a lot of development to go before he realises his potential, but even so, he's the same as Vicks in the sense that he is more of a tall forward target who can pinch hit rather than a full time ruckman.
Yeah it always takes ruckmen a 4-5 years to start playing well at AFL level. Jacobs, Leuneberger, Kreuzer, Bellchambers, West, Giles, Goldstein, MvEcoy, Nic Nat are some of examples of this, they didn't do much early in there career but after a few years of developemtm have devolved into good ruckmen.

quinny88

Wood is younger than Orren and more importantly he's just a better footballer. Think we should definitely get him.
Not sure that Elton will ever be a Ruckman, looks more suited to a CHF, pinch hit in the ruck role. He will be a player good though definitely, Ive seen a fair bit of him. He wasn't given much of a chance in 2012, played one game on Rutten in Adelaide. Pretty tough way to start your career.
Derickx im not sure about. He isn't a kid so he needed to make an impact right from the start when given the chance and to be honest I was less than inspired with the games he played for us. He will need to really go up a level this year.
McBean will hopefully be a player but there is no way he's playing for at least 2 years. He is the skinniest guy I can ever recall seeing on an AFL list to be honest. And that leaves us with Vickery who isn't a ruckmans ass. He can offer some relief for a tiring ruckman but thats about it, hes a forward. 

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on December 07, 2012, 05:36:18 PM
Wood is younger than Orren and more importantly he's just a better footballer. Think we should definitely get him.
Not sure that Elton will ever be a Ruckman, looks more suited to a CHF, pinch hit in the ruck role. He will be a player good though definitely, Ive seen a fair bit of him. He wasn't given much of a chance in 2012, played one game on Rutten in Adelaide. Pretty tough way to start your career.
Derickx im not sure about. He isn't a kid so he needed to make an impact right from the start when given the chance and to be honest I was less than inspired with the games he played for us. He will need to really go up a level this year.
McBean will hopefully be a player but there is no way he's playing for at least 2 years. He is the skinniest guy I can ever recall seeing on an AFL list to be honest. And that leaves us with Vickery who isn't a ruckmans ass. He can offer some relief for a tiring ruckman but thats about it, hes a forward.
Yeah I would rather Wood over Orren myself due to age and Wood could become a good footballer, because he was rated pretty highly when he was younger.