Very disappointed in the AFL - SA supporters this affects you!

Started by Tominator, October 19, 2012, 09:27:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tominator

Round 23, 2013. Port Adelaide home game. The last ever AFL game to be played at AAMI Stadium.

The AFL had the chance to make the last ever game at AAMI Stadium a Showdown, with Port hosting it. That I do not have an issue with at all, it would be the best way to farewell this great ground.

Yes its a pain in the arse to get to (especially if you - like me - live in the Eastern suburbs) and yes footy needs to come to the city for the benefit of SA, but AAMI Stadium itself is a very good ground and a Showdown would've been a fitting way to end SA football's time there

The AFL had the chance to do so yet they did not, instead scheduling the Showdowns in Rounds 4 and 19 (I think). Although the fixture isn't fully released as yet they have still neglected SA supporters once again, and this I am very disappointed in. When you think about it, even though Port are hosting this game, it will be a sell-out no doubt, and attract extremely large TV audiences across the country, as it is not every year that an AFL ground shuts for good. The AFL had a chance to make more money from this too but again neglected SA supporters.

I am very disappointed with Demetriou, Anderson, McLachlan, and co. but I hope they restructure these fixtures so that Round 23 is a Showdown!!

Keen to hear the thoughts of Crows, Power and interstate fans on this topic

silky

McRooster

Meh!

Adelaide fans will get a taste of nostalgia when Crows play Hawthorn in rnd 22 as their last ever home game at AAMI. Let's just hope it's a repeat performance of that inaugural match in 1991.

As for a draw re think...it didn't augur well for Adelaide to play GC in rnd 23 last season did it? Maybe it's better that we play a quality opposition (hopefully at MCG) as a fine tuner ahead of the finals, rather than a softer match (or one that risks being a blood bath)  :-\

Tominator

well true, but I guess Adelaide will get at least one home final next year when we finish top four!!!

Mr.Craig

I've had plenty of good times and bad times at Footy Park but I don't feel sentimental about the place in the slightest. 2014 can't come quick enough imo.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 19, 2012, 11:39:28 PM
I've had plenty of good times and bad times at Footy Park but I don't feel sentimental about the place in the slightest. 2014 can't come quick enough imo.
Agree, will probably go to more games in 2014

Toga

quinny88

Toga

Quote from: quinny88 on October 20, 2012, 07:52:57 PM
What are they going to use it for after 2013?

i thinkk that the sanfl is either going to use it for league games, or sell it and turn it into residential land.. (don't take my word for it though :P )

Mr.Craig

quinny88

valkorum

The SA clubs could have requested not to have showdowns in the last round of the season.  I know Freo and WC requested not to have Derbys in the last round - too brutal to end the regular season

The F.A.R.K.

turn aami into a cricket ground

its a great ground 45-50 000 capacity you could play one district a grade game there every saturday and maybe once a week have a twenty 20 game there where a turf team plays a district side. Use it for sanfl in off season