Main Menu

Richmond 2012 Draft Thread

Started by Jroo, October 19, 2012, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 14, 2012, 05:01:18 PM
Also, Josh, the guy who runs the AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements page on Facebook is pretty good with his footy knowledge and whatnot and published the first like 30 picks in a phantom draft.

QuotePick 9 â€" Richmond = Nick Vlastuin

Height: 187cm
Weight: 83kg
Player Comparison: Brad Sewell
Recruited from: Northern Knights

Ferocious, tenacity, hungry. 3 words I would describe Nick Vlastuin. Exactly what Richmond needs to top off their midfield. A very strong midfielder and can break tackles quite easily. Also a very clean footballer, something that the Tigers also need are cleaner type players. Very highly skilled footballer and was an All-Australian in 2012.
I reckon Dimma and co. will love Vlastuin (pronounced floss-tone), he attacks the ball hard and is pretty tough. Will be the perfect repalcmnt for Tucky, but sorry if Grundy is avalbile we just can't let him go. If not I will happily have Vlastuin at 9

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2012, 05:10:28 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 14, 2012, 05:01:18 PM
Also, Josh, the guy who runs the AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements page on Facebook is pretty good with his footy knowledge and whatnot and published the first like 30 picks in a phantom draft.

QuotePick 9 â€" Richmond = Nick Vlastuin

Height: 187cm
Weight: 83kg
Player Comparison: Brad Sewell
Recruited from: Northern Knights

Ferocious, tenacity, hungry. 3 words I would describe Nick Vlastuin. Exactly what Richmond needs to top off their midfield. A very strong midfielder and can break tackles quite easily. Also a very clean footballer, something that the Tigers also need are cleaner type players. Very highly skilled footballer and was an All-Australian in 2012.
I reckon Dimma and co. will love Vlastuin (pronounced floss-tone), he attacks the ball hard and is pretty tough. Will be the perfect repalcmnt for Tucky, but sorry if Grundy is avalbile we just can't let him go. If not I will happily have Vlastuin at 9

It's gonna take me forever to get my head around pronouncing it if he comes.  :o I'm happy just pronouncing it vl-ast-oo-in. :P But yeah, Grundy would be ideal.

Chelskiman

A Brad Sewell type?  I like the sound of that.

Nige

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 14, 2012, 05:36:08 PM

I watched a few clips of Vlastuin. I probably want him more than any other player in the draft now. A Brad Sewell type would be an amazing addition to our side.  ::)

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 14, 2012, 05:38:24 PM

I watched a few clips of Vlastuin. I probably want him more than any other player in the draft now. A Brad Sewell type would be an amazing addition to our side.  ::)
Watch some clips of Brodie Grundy, pretty impressive as well.
Brodie Grundy 2012 AFL Highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhyRIISiOw&sns=tw via

aces-high

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2012, 10:10:56 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 14, 2012, 05:38:24 PM

Watch some clips of Brodie Grundy, pretty impressive as well.
Brodie Grundy 2012 AFL Highlights http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WdhyRIISiOw&sns=tw via
Really want Grundy after looking at that package!! Plays alot like Cox when he plays up forward. (I'm not comparing him to Cox's outstanding mobility and midfield like skills) Just reminds me of him when Cox plays up forward. He Looks to have a couple of dimensions to his game! Going by those highlights he could be very handy for us as a forward even :) fingers crossed we nab him

aces-high

http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/numbers-add-up-for-brodie-grundy/story-fnelctok-1226514310054

Gonna be an absolute monster over the next decade, still raw but having come so far and been so good so quickly has me really excited in wanting us to get him over vlas and macrae. Please Draft gods let him slip through to us

Nige

Let's hope one of them slips to pick 32 (I think)! ::)

Toga

Quote from: aces-high on November 15, 2012, 04:31:01 AM
http://mobile.news.com.au/sport/afl/numbers-add-up-for-brodie-grundy/story-fnelctok-1226514310054

Gonna be an absolute monster over the next decade, still raw but having come so far and been so good so quickly has me really excited in wanting us to get him over vlas and macrae. Please Draft gods let him slip through to us

you'd think if he slipped to us at 9 we'd take him... crazy not to! :o

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 15, 2012, 11:36:23 AM

Pretty much, we don't want another Fiora or Tambling scenario...

Chelskiman

Grundy looks beastly.  I doubt he will drop to 9, but if he does we would be mad not to take him

Quote from: NigeyS on November 15, 2012, 11:51:07 AM
Quote from: Toga on November 15, 2012, 11:36:23 AM

Pretty much, we don't want another Fiora or Tambling scenario...

Why would you even remind us all of that, you horrible person you. :(

aces-high

So are we all set on Grundy now?  ;) hahaha

Chelskiman

Quote from: aces-high on November 15, 2012, 01:57:16 PM

If he slips that far, then yeah.  It's not as if I'd be unhappy with Vlastuin though.

AFEV

Don't think he's that raw is he? Weighs over 100 kg already. It'd be a great get for you guys but for a guy that's only behind Whitfield and maybe Daniher talent/value wise I really can't see him getting to 9. While it may not be a pressing need for Melbourne, Port or Footscray none of them really have elite ruckmen and would all probably take the chance to add Grundy to their list.

That's just me though.

aces-high

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 15, 2012, 02:09:03 PM
Quote from: aces-high on November 15, 2012, 01:57:16 PM

If he slips that far, then yeah.  It's not as if I'd be unhappy with Vlastuin though.
Yeah of course. I'll be happy with vlas or macrae if grundy is gone. If we pass on him though i will actually cry