Richmond 2012 Draft Thread

Started by Jroo, October 19, 2012, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Jroo

With Jacobs leaving, we could pounce.
North and Essendon are Intrested.
North has pick 38, Essendon 35.
We have pick 34 and I reckon we should take him then. What is everyone's thoughts

Toga

Quote from: JROO8 on November 09, 2012, 05:13:51 PM
We have pick 34 and I reckon we should take him then. What is everyone's thoughts

Yeah on the previous page of this thread I was talking about that with Zip - I think we both thought that NM are a chance to take him with pick 15... Although I don't think he's really worth a first round in this draft when they could get someone like Ben Kennedy instead, it's a chance, because they really want him by the sounds of it.

Other than that he's all ours unless either WBD or STK take him with their end of first round/start of second rounders...

But I'm all for it, he'd be a good replacement for Newy in a couple of years imo

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 09, 2012, 05:22:35 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 09, 2012, 05:13:51 PM

Yeah on the previous page of this thread I was talking about that with Zip - I think we both thought that NM are a chance to take him with pick 15... Although I don't think he's really worth a first round in this draft when they could get someone like Ben Kennedy instead, it's a chance, because they really want him by the sounds of it.

Other than that he's all ours unless either WBD or STK take him with their end of first round/start of second rounders...

But I'm all for it, he'd be a good replacement for Newy in a couple of years imo
If he is avalaibe at pick 34 take him. If not it doesn't matter and don't think North will take him at 15, is a possibility though.

Chelskiman

I'd certainly take him at pick 34.  He's still only 20, so that would be a fantastic pick up.

Jroo

Quote from: Chelskiman on November 09, 2012, 06:08:26 PM
I'd certainly take him at pick 34.  He's still only 20, so that would be a fantastic pick up.
Well where in the best position. If north want to take him at 15, we will get a better player at 32 and 34

Chelskiman

Yep.  Not the end of the world if we miss out, but if we do get him then fantastic.

Toga

Just to throw a spanner in the works, apparently Port hasn't ruled out redrafting him... Can't take a hint? ???

Chelskiman

Toga

:o :o :o :o :o

QuoteRICHMOND could find itself in the box seat to recruit Brodie Grundy, the best young ruckman in the country, at next week's NAB AFL Draft.

This would solve our ruck problems for sure! No need for spuds like Wood and Orren if we got this bloke in the draft, he'd be an absolute steal at pick 9! :D

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2012, 01:55:49 PM

QuoteRICHMOND could find itself in the box seat to recruit Brodie Grundy, the best young ruckman in the country, at next week's NAB AFL Draft.

This would solve our ruck problems for sure! No need for spuds like Wood and Orren if we got this bloke in the draft, he'd be an absolute steal at pick 9! :D
I rate him as the second or third best player in the this year's draft. Just GWS don't need a ruckmen if they get Tippett. The only danger is Port and I think they will take Sam Mayes anyway. I reckon he should slip to us. He can play the 3rd tall forward and pinch hit in the ruck, leaving Vickery to play 100% forward! In 3 years time when Maric is older, Grundy can take over from him.

aces-high

Will be the best possible result for us in this draft if we get Grundy. Touted as a top 3 pick all year long and the answer after Ivan to our rucking nightmares. Everyone has seemed to become attached to vlastuin or macrae (both who will be good players) but Grundy is someone who over the next 10-15 years will be much more important to the Richmond footy club than either of those. Good bigs are a dime a dozen and we should lock him in if he slides, mids develop quicker but there may mot be another good ruck for a few years. Absolute steal! We can draft inside mids with our other 3 picks and look to next years draft whch looms as promising as this one for other macrae types.

Toga

Quote from: aces-high on November 14, 2012, 03:35:36 PM
Will be the best possible result for us in this draft if we get Grundy. Touted as a top 3 pick all year long and the answer after Ivan to our rucking nightmares. Everyone has seemed to become attached to vlastuin or macrae (both who will be good players) but Grundy is someone who over the next 10-15 years will be much more important to the Richmond footy club than either of those. Good bigs are a dime a dozen and we should lock him in if he slides, mids develop quicker but there may mot be another good ruck for a few years. Absolute steal! We can draft inside mids with our other 3 picks and look to next years draft whch looms as promising as this one for other macrae types.

completely agree mate, he would be an absolute steal and imo a decent ruckman is something we definitely need, and good ones are harder to come by than inside mids. we'd be stupid to pass him up if he slipped down to us.

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2012, 02:28:53 PM

I rate him as the second or third best player in the this year's draft. Just GWS don't need a ruckmen if they get Tippett. The only danger is Port and I think they will take Sam Mayes anyway. I reckon he should slip to us. He can play the 3rd tall forward and pinch hit in the ruck, leaving Vickery to play 100% forward! In 3 years time when Maric is older, Grundy can take over from him.

yeah he's definitely right up there talent wise, its just no one has really thought about club needs so far! GWS won't need him should they get tippo, not sure about Bulldogs but they seem pretty set on Stringer and someone like Jaksch, Port could grab him but don't really need him, and Brissy got Longer last year. Could definitely happen! :o

Nige

Quote from: Toga on November 14, 2012, 03:54:35 PM
Quote from: aces-high on November 14, 2012, 03:35:36 PM

completely agree mate, he would be an absolute steal and imo a decent ruckman is something we definitely need, and good ones are harder to come by than inside mids. we'd be stupid to pass him up if he slipped down to us.

Quote from: JROO8 on November 14, 2012, 02:28:53 PM

yeah he's definitely right up there talent wise, its just no one has really thought about club needs so far! GWS won't need him should they get tippo, not sure about Bulldogs but they seem pretty set on Stringer and someone like Jaksch, Port could grab him but don't really need him, and Brissy got Longer last year. Could definitely happen! :o

Getting Grundy would be great, definitely can't complain about getting someone who could go top 3 at 9.

Nige

Also, Josh, the guy who runs the AFL Off Season Information. Trades, Delistings, Retirements page on Facebook is pretty good with his footy knowledge and whatnot and published the first like 30 picks in a phantom draft.

QuotePick 9 â€" Richmond = Nick Vlastuin

Height: 187cm
Weight: 83kg
Player Comparison: Brad Sewell
Recruited from: Northern Knights

Ferocious, tenacity, hungry. 3 words I would describe Nick Vlastuin. Exactly what Richmond needs to top off their midfield. A very strong midfielder and can break tackles quite easily. Also a very clean footballer, something that the Tigers also need are cleaner type players. Very highly skilled footballer and was an All-Australian in 2012.