Main Menu

Richmond 2012 Draft Thread

Started by Jroo, October 19, 2012, 05:57:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jroo

Quote from: NigeyS on November 02, 2012, 08:38:12 PM
I still think we'll take a forward like Stringer or Menzel, but I'm definitely open to taking Vlastuin
Not sure Stringer will be available than, but if he was would be happy.
I reckon
Vlaustin, Stringer, Menzel, O'Rourke, Mayes and Macrae are on our radar atm.
Would love Ollie Wines but don't think he could slip to 9 and the Dees will take him at 4

Jroo

Also if the Dees lose there draft picks because of tanking that would be awesome for us.
I reckon that could lead to Wines slipping to us, or if not that I reckon Jack Viney would be available then (If he can't be drafted by the Dees). I reckon Dimma would love Viney in our midfield.

Nige

Quote from: JROO8 on November 02, 2012, 08:45:21 PM
Quote from: NigeyS on November 02, 2012, 08:38:12 PM
I still think we'll take a forward like Stringer or Menzel, but I'm definitely open to taking Vlastuin
Not sure Stringer will be available than, but if he was would be happy.
I reckon
Vlaustin, Stringer, Menzel, O'Rourke, Mayes and Macrae are on our radar atm.
Would love Ollie Wines but don't think he could slip to 9 and the Dees will take him at 4
One would think that Stringer, Mayes and O'Rourke would be gone by then which would leave Vlastuin, Menzel and Macrae. Definitely won't complain with any of them. I think we'd all love for Wines to slip, but if the Dees retain their picks, he's gone. You never know but, the Tigers picked Conca out of nowhere and he really wasn't talked about too much.

quinny88

I wouldnt want us to go near viney even if we can. He is always gonna want to go to Melbourne at some stage

Jroo

Brodie Grundy could be an outside chance to slip to us. Would use be happy with him?
Cause if the Giants take Tippett, I don't think they will need Grundy.
The only danger I see if Port at 7, if GWS don't take him

Toga

Quote from: JROO8 on November 07, 2012, 09:49:07 PM
Brodie Grundy could be an outside chance to slip to us. Would use be happy with him?

would be very happy with him, someone that will be able to develop under ivan and then take over in 5 years time.

doubtful he'd slip all the way down to us, but you never know :o

I'm still holding out for Stringer or Menzel tbh

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 07, 2012, 10:03:09 PM

would be very happy with him, someone that will be able to develop under ivan and then take over in 5 years time.

As I said in my phantom draft. Stringer and Menzel are one of the talented footballers in the draft but there injuries have put some clubs of. I would be happy with Stringer or Menzel, if we know there injuries won't be a factor In the future

Toga

Quote from: JROO8 on November 07, 2012, 10:07:42 PM

As I said in my phantom draft. Stringer and Menzel are one of the talented footballers in the draft but there injuries have put some clubs of. I would be happy with Stringer or Menzel, if we know there injuries won't be a factor In the future

yeah and that's fair enough - both could even go top 5 tbh but the injury concerns is what will let them slip down to us. i think we have enough depth in that medium/small fwd role atm to take a punt on them, i really hope we do. with that depth it will let the young lads develop their bodies over a few years and hopefully have them fully fit with no injury concerns by the time their 20-21

Jroo

Quote from: Toga on November 07, 2012, 10:17:10 PM
Quote from: JROO8 on November 07, 2012, 10:07:42 PM

yeah and that's fair enough - both could even go top 5 tbh but the injury concerns is what will let them slip down to us. i think we have enough depth in that medium/small fwd role atm to take a punt on them, i really hope we do. with that depth it will let the young lads develop their bodies over a few years and hopefully have them fully fit with no injury concerns by the time their 20-21
Yer exactly and tbh I can't see a spot in our side atm for anyone we take at 9 expect if we took Wines or Grundy

Toga

yeah and with the quality of this draft we really need to look towards the future imo.

while someone like macrae is a good, classy player i don't see him fitting into our team for a good few years with the depth of our mids and youngsters like matty arnot still waiting for a run...

Toga

With Benny Jacobs set to enter the draft, who thinks we're a possibility to land him? Initially reports were that Norths and Essendon were likely to snare him, but I doubt anyone will use their first rounder on him, and we have two picks in between Norths picks and before Essendon's second pick... Bulldogs or St Kilda might try go for him but idk...

Do you think we might go for him? Do you want him at Tigerland?

(Article about it on AFL.com: http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/150892/default.aspx )

Ziplock

haha, and north just end up using pick 15 on him. Just to piss of PA :P

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 09, 2012, 03:30:04 PM
haha, and north just end up using pick 15 on him. Just to piss of PA :P

lol i was thinking that... NM said they wouldn't use first round to trade him.. but will they use first round to recruit him :o

Ziplock

jacobs is probably worth it.

I'd lol so hard.

Toga

Quote from: Ziplock on November 09, 2012, 04:16:57 PM
jacobs is probably worth it.

I'd lol so hard.

yeah for sure... he was a #16 only two years ago and you'd think he'd appreciate in value with experience!

poor old port lol