Main Menu

Favourite Book?

Started by Spinking, October 17, 2012, 09:43:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Quote from: Spinking on October 17, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Hahahahaha. Is that the book that Gary Lyon wrote?  ;D

Sure is ;D

I have a few biographies like Ben Cousins, Punter and I think I have a Mikey Hussey one somewhere too!?
Of course, I got these last Christmas and due to compulsory education I haven't started any!! Will get stuck into them when my exams finish up :)
Can anyone tell me what I should expect here? Are these biographies just various sporting cliches mashed into a book or are they genuinely interesting and insightful?
Thanks!

Capper

Quote from: monstrum on October 18, 2012, 01:21:44 AM
I have hell island on my phone so im reading that now at work
Also have Area 7, Scarecrow, Seven Ancient Wonders and The Six Sacred Stones but havent read them yet

Scrads

Ele: the Mike Hussey one if its from a few years ago is really good ;)

Simply cannot split my top 3 so in no particular order:
HP series (obv lol)
Tomorrow When the War Began series (just epic, cannot describe how magnificent it is)
A series called the quickening (starts with 'Myrrens Gift') by Fiona McIntosh. None of you would have heard of her I assume but no joke I place this series right alongside the other two.

Honourable mention to the Hatchet series.

Cicjose

Neuromancer or Pattern Recognition William Gibson

Cabal Clive Barker

It Stephen King

The Song of Pentecost William Jesse Corbett

(Harry Potter Series)

RiOtChEsS

A Song Of Ice And Fire Series... (aka A Game Of Thrones)

Stupendously Epic Journey 8)

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Spite on October 17, 2012, 10:21:47 PM
Magician - Raymond E Feist

The trilogy ended up spanning over 20 books, nearly all of which I have read. I collected them all, over about a 5 year period, they are a little hard to come by now without sourcing them over the internet.

THIS

By a long way, I have read 100's book literally yes and while I love the late Robert Jordans the wheel of time, and david eddings books (when i was younger) and of course the obvious lord of the rings

Raymonds series were the best by far.

Loved Magician and loved the EMPIRE series particularly aslo " Daughter of.... servant of... mistress of.... "  awesome

Nige

I really liked reading the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore. The spin-off series Henderson's Boys is pretty awesome too.

Windigo

Mainly read S.K.

Out of all the books his wrote, it would have to be IT.  8)

Spinking

Quote from: Windigo on October 18, 2012, 06:59:50 PM
Mainly read S.K.

Still not a fan of clowns after this...  :-\

Justin Bieber

Spite

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 18, 2012, 03:28:36 PM
Quote from: Spite on October 17, 2012, 10:21:47 PM
Magician - Raymond E Feist

The trilogy ended up spanning over 20 books, nearly all of which I have read. I collected them all, over about a 5 year period, they are a little hard to come by now without sourcing them over the internet.

THIS

By a long way, I have read 100's book literally yes and while I love the late Robert Jordans the wheel of time, and david eddings books (when i was younger) and of course the obvious lord of the rings

Raymonds series were the best by far.

Loved Magician and loved the EMPIRE series particularly aslo " Daughter of.... servant of... mistress of.... "  awesome

Mate! You are getting more and more awesome by the day! Barely anyone has heard of them, let alone read them! I loved all the stories involving Jimmy the Hand, he was the best! :)

Windigo

Quote from: Spinking on October 18, 2012, 07:01:34 PM
Quote from: Windigo on October 18, 2012, 06:59:50 PM
Mainly read S.K.

Still not a fan of clowns after this...  :-\

Haha, don't mind clowns TBH.  ;)

The movie is dog shower.  :P

KoopKicka

Quote from: NigeyS on October 18, 2012, 06:40:06 PM
I really liked reading the CHERUB series by Robert Muchamore. The spin-off series Henderson's Boys is pretty awesome too.

Ive got all 16 Cherub books (including Dark Sun) sitting on my bookshelf :D I remember when Dad bought me the recruit back in 09, read  every book cover to cover AT LEAST 5 times, havent divulged into HB yet, will do that when Im finished Black Friday when it comes out next year. :)

Torpedo10

Quote from: kilbluff1995 on October 17, 2012, 10:25:22 PM
Tomorrow, When The War Began by John Marsden all this series

some of us would have read this in high school i had to read the 1st one in year 10 english then got hooked and read the rest was awesome they also made a movie on the 1st book may do more but nothing is set yet hope they do

i'm not really a book reader at all but could not put these down
Just got given that whole series for an early B'Day present, Looking forward to having a read.

Quote from: elephants on October 18, 2012, 01:41:47 AM
Quote from: Spinking on October 17, 2012, 11:11:04 PM
Hahahahaha. Is that the book that Gary Lyon wrote?  ;D

Sure is ;D

I have a few biographies like Ben Cousins, Punter and I think I have a Mikey Hussey one somewhere too!?
Of course, I got these last Christmas and due to compulsory education I haven't started any!! Will get stuck into them when my exams finish up :)
Can anyone tell me what I should expect here? Are these biographies just various sporting cliches mashed into a book or are they genuinely interesting and insightful?
Thanks!
Good book.  ;D

LF

Stephen King is my favourite author.
IT
The Green Mile
Cell
Rose Madder
Needful Things
Night Shift (short story collection)
I could list more because it is really too hard to pick one.
I also like some of Richard Laymons books

My all time favourite book ever tho is The Outsiders by S.E.Hinton
I love the movie as well its a great perve for us females lol