Games: 15

Position: B

Average: 86

Tons: 3

Grade: 6/10

Watts in 2013
Price: $456,800 (Fan Planner)
Position: F/B

As a former #1 draft pick Jack Watts has struggled to live up to the hype that surrounded the best young footballer from 2008 and 4 seasons in to his career he has yet to show his true potential.
He was played as a forward in his first 3 seasons but in 2012 made the move into defence where he was able to find a lot more of the football as a sweeping defender. He had his best supercoach season average in 2012 despite missing some games through injury and omission.
Neeld confirmed in a press conference today that Watts would be part of the back 6 in 2013 after the recruit of Chris Dawes and return of Mitch Clarke.
Watts seemed to enjoy his role down back and should reap the rewards of being 'let off the leash' a little and being used to run and distribute the ball from half back.
Talent has never been Watts issue, it has been all about attitude. He seems to enjoy his football more down back and if he can find some inspiration and urgency about his football he could quickly become a premium defender. Mpp link is a bonus.

Predicted avg: 90

colmullet

seriously looking at jumping on board next year if he's going to be camped down back intercept marking and rebounding all year in a team who should see a bit of ball down back.

Nice write up as always to quinny :) thankx

quinny88

Quote from: colmullet on October 17, 2012, 04:31:50 PM
seriously looking at jumping on board next year if he's going to be camped down back intercept marking and rebounding all year in a team who should see a bit of ball down back.

Nice write up as always to quinny :) thankx

Yea would have to be looked at. Actually has the potential to go between 95-100.
I Would want to hear of a big pre season and solid nab cup though to jump on. His attitude and lack of motivation worries me a little

colmullet

yeah i think if his NAB cup form is good and he seems settled he might sneak into my team for round 1 as a little gamble down back....he definitely has the potential to be a top 10 defender

Jroo

Actually might be a solid back option. Might consider at that price

S_Coach99

Speculator

This could be a really good pick especially with Staker and Bock on the radar. May be a bit unique too due to the prejudice out there against him.

quinny88

Would probably be slightly more attractive if he was a bit cheaper too. Would be competing with someone like Yarran whos 100k cheaper

ronl

Agree, don't think I would gamble at that price.

Hagebear

Yeh massive risk for probably not a whole heap of reward. Very unlikely for me.

Adamant

Took a step backwards this year, pass for me.

Shihan7

kilbluff1985

Kind of considering a Watts/Broughton/Staker combo

think Watts will play most games this season

Ziplock

yeah, I'm running the watts, broughton, staker, bock combo atm :P

T Dog

with 2 trades each week, I will see how hes going for a rd3 trade.. :D