Main Menu

9 Saved but a worry for cricket

Started by Hawka, October 16, 2012, 09:49:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/business/companies/nine-hangs-in-after-marathon-talks/story-fndgp8b1-1226497199581
9 has been saved but thats not the big story
they have less money know and the rights to the cricket expire this summer :/
now i know we hate how the cut the cricket at annoying stages but i do really love 9s coverage and most of there commenetators, i would hate too see it slip into 7 and 10s grasp

Noz

I hope Cricket isn't axed from 9 as well. I do have foxtel but i like listening to the commentators from Channel 9 as well. I would say that it wouldn't be axed as cricket brings in a lot more viewers than say Big Brother (I think)

Hawka

Quote from: Noz on October 16, 2012, 09:55:36 PM
I hope Cricket isn't axed from 9 as well. I do have foxtel but i like listening to the commentators from Channel 9 as well. I would say that it wouldn't be axed as cricket brings in a lot more viewers than say Big Brother (I think)
The worst thing would be Test cricket not on free to air

Capper

Well that explains why 9 are televising that show on extra @ 1130. Trying to make money

I heard a rumour that ONE HD will make a massive pitch for this when the contract comes up

Quote from: Hawka on October 16, 2012, 09:58:35 PM
+1

Jay

Quote from: tabs on October 16, 2012, 10:02:09 PM
Well that explains why 9 are televising that show on extra @ 1130. Trying to make money

I heard a rumour that ONE HD will make a massive pitch for this when the contract comes up

+1
ONE HD should focus on getting the NBA back! But yeah test cricket not on free to air CAN NOT happen

Windigo

Yeah!

Bring back NBA one you barbies.  :P

pyronerd

Quote from: Jayman on October 16, 2012, 10:18:05 PM

+1
ONE HD should focus on getting the NBA back! But yeah test cricket not on free to air CAN NOT happen
flower the NBA, we need cricket more :P

Windigo

Jay

Justin Bieber

The F.A.R.K.

Cicjose

Channel 2 should get the cricket back if 9 can't hold it but yeah BRING BACK NBA!

Fletch74

+1
It will not happen, under some legislation which prevents things like the Olympics, Cricket, AFL, etc from going to pay TV completely. Anything that features Australia must remain on Free to Air.

Grazz

Nine is only affected by this in 3 states, the organisation is profitable its the debt thats the issue. It stems from the sale a few years back and now creditors want their money. Nine will keep the cricket dont worry its a massive earner for them. Im not sure why the debt hasnt been repaid but as i said it stems from the sale of Nine in Queensland, Victoria and one other state that escapes me at the minute, when Packer sold them they were way over valued then the GFC came and devalued the companies by millions.

Master Q

Quote from: Fletch74 on October 17, 2012, 02:03:32 PM

+1
It will not happen, under some legislation which prevents things like the Olympics, Cricket, AFL, etc from going to pay TV completely. Anything that features Australia must remain on Free to Air.
Only cricket in Aus is shown on 9.

And yeah, I agree with Windi - bring back the NBA >:(  ESPN show like two games a week and they are also the Lakers and Heat  :P