POSITION: Defender

FANPLANNER PRICE: $358,400

HEIGHT: 193cm     WEIGHT: 87kg

2010 GAMES: 1     DT AVERAGE: 15

2011 GAMES: 7     DT AVERAGE: 44

2012 GAMES: 9     DT AVERAGE: 69

2012 SCORES: 45,98,79,57,54,59,110,27(injured),97

HISTORY

2010 The younger brother of Melbourne star Jack Grimes is developing into a defender in a similar mould, lean and pacey with impressive anticipation, composure and initiative. Overcame an early season eye injury to play solid football in the VFL with Coburg and earnt his AFL debut in round 22.

2011 Had his development fast tracked when strong VFL form saw him rewarded with a defensive job on Hawthorns Lance Franklin in round 3, where he affected 15 spoils. Played the next six games and was in good form before a serious hamstring injury put him out for the year.

2012 Was starting to rack up some big scores like his brother Jack but managed only 9 games before another hamstring injury ruined his season. Injured in round eight and only scored 27, came back in round 14 and got injured again

VERDICT: Too expensive with no discount and a history of hamstring injuries. Its a shame he's had so many injuries he has the potential to be a very good dreamteamer.

PREDICTION:  Fully fit with an injury free run he could average 75-85 ?

Grimes looks on the bright side

The hamstring injury rising Richmond star defender Dylan Grimes sustained in last Saturday night’s Dreamtime at the ‘G clash with Essendon is nowhere near as serious as the one that ended his season in the corresponding match last year.

Grimes, who had been in excellent early-season form, injured his left hamstring midway through the second quarter of the 2012 Dreamtime game and spent the second half on the sidelines.

In Dreamtime 2011, Grimes ripped the tendon in his right hamstring and subsequently missed the remainder of the season.

Despite this latest setback, the talented 20-year-old backman was upbeat when ‘Roar Vision’ caught up with him at the Club today . . .

“It’s feeling not too bad for a Monday . . . started some basic exercises today to be the first step into my rehab. program, so I’m pretty positive with how things are looking,” he said.

“At this stage, it’s a bit hard to tell, but I think, from what they’re saying, it’s going to be 3-4 weeks, depending on how quickly things are able to settle down and how quickly I’m able to advance in the rehab. program . . .

“It was much less severe than the one I did previously, so that was the positive.
“I knew straight away that I’d done my hamstring again, but I wasn’t really sure of the severity.

“There was a period there where I was hoping to get back out on the ground, but the physios and doctors said they were going to hold me back.”

http://www.richmondfc.com.au/tabid/6301/default.aspx?newsid=136458

Tigers may send Grimes to Germany

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/tigers-may-send-grimes-to-germany-20120703-21fs9.html

Spinking

Some pretty handy scores there in an interrupted season. Not likely to consider him at this stage but if he gets some more games and consistency under the belt he may well be a reasonable option into the future.

Adamant

Injury prone and way too pricey for me to consider. Mabye in the future.

Ziplock

Surely chaplin there would cast doubts on his JS?

Jroo

Quote from: Ziplock on October 16, 2012, 09:19:45 PM
Surely chaplin there would cast doubts on his JS?
No way. Richmond rate Grimes very highly and he will play as the 3rd tall with Rance and Challin. He has only missed games through injury

Shihan7

Not for me at that price...possibly in the future if he follows his brother's DT footsteps ;)

Holz

I had planned to lock him in as a smoke but at 350k i think he is just too much. At that price he would have to average mid 80s and im not sure he can do that. He is on my radar along with altey but i probably wont have the guts to pick either.