Main Menu

Matt Campbell wants out

Started by Ricochet, October 16, 2012, 01:37:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

Trade Radio ‏@traderadio
. @NorthKangaroos football manager Donald McDonald has told the Roos' website Matt Campbell wants out of the club

Capper

interesting. Anything to do with getting the vest towards the end of the season??

Ricochet

Quote from: tabs on October 16, 2012, 02:02:39 PM
interesting. Anything to do with getting the vest towards the end of the season??
not sure, this is all i have found on it

AFEV

Are North fans worried with all the disgruntled players?

Mailman the 2nd

North were doing so well at the end of the year. I wonder what happened

roo boys!

Flash was a handy player but his role was really just the sub so not a huge loss, played the sub role OK but not in our best 21 IMO.

Quote from: Sid on October 16, 2012, 02:39:01 PM
Are North fans worried with all the disgruntled players?
Who? Cruize Garlett and Matty Campbell? Yeah, devastated :P

We have offered HMac up but it's no real secret that he'd be better off elsewhere so don't think that has anything to do with the club, more so just the realisation that him and Goldy together just doesn't work.

Pedo hasn't asked to move, we've just fielded a few offers on him.

Warren, McKinley, Edwards are all waiting until the end of the trade period to see if the club resigns them and if not they're gone, hardly disgruntled players more just the club disgruntled with them :P

Anyone else?

elephants

Cicjose

bottlemart

Matt Campbell contracted to North for 2013 so I guess he stays which is good.

Do we know if Garlett is contracted for next year.  His only option would now be the PSD, to get to WC or Freo, or it appears he may play in the WAFL if no interest by those clubs.

Garlett a handy player, but again one on the fringe, so if he goes it won't be a major loss.

North has 6 picks in the draft up to 63, with the 3 after that being used for upgrading Majak, Gobbo, and Mullet.  Will they use all 6?

3 out, 3 upgraded plus Gysberts in.  Who will be delisted?  Rooboys can you help us out here.

I'm thinking Mckinley and Warren for starters. 

roo boys!

Yeah Garlett is as good as gone I think, will play WAFL if WC or Freo don't pick him up so I assume he'll just jump into the PSD and hope for the best.

Hopefully this means Campbell will stay or he may also join the PSD. It was interesting that the way Donald McDonald said it it was more like "The club and Matty have decided that the best course for him is to seek opportunities elsewhere" so may even be delisted? Not sure about that one.

I think we will probably use all 6, maybe not the last one or two though. Like you said McKinley and Warren are on the chopping block, Cam Richardson may be in a bit of trouble but he's young and has a bit of potential so line ball. Talk is he may have a similar situation as Urquhart, delist him and then draft him as a rookie. Keep in mind we've already made 3 delistings and McKinley and Warren make it 5.

bottlemart

Thanks RooBoys.  That makes good sense about Richo.  He looked alright when we got him and he was touted as the next big thing at the time, but his disposal was terrible, and if you turn the ball over in todays footy, teams will make you pay.

Rookie listing Richo makes good sense, so they can give him another year to see if he steps up.

Big things expected from Majak this year, or for him to at least establish himself at senior level, so it should be good to watch his development.  I like the look of Mullet aswell, and he has genuine pace.

It would have been good to get Jacobs, but at the same time, he wasn't worth giving up pick 15 for, so wasn't meant to be, and perhaps Mullet can play that running half back role in the same fashion as atley.

Overall I think the club is on the right track with enough good young players who should continue to improve. 

roo boys!

I agree entirely, especially regarding Jacobs. He's a very talented player but in no way worth pick 15 so we did the right thing by sticking by our offer and he may even walk out on Port and nominate for the draft.

There are still some question marks over Daw, mostly raised by other members of this forum (Sid ;)) but those in the know at the club obviously backed him in to be backup ruck by trading HMac and Pedo off.