2013 Player Profiles: Jonathon Patton

Started by Ziplock, October 15, 2012, 12:56:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kilbluff1985

i'm considering him not so much to make many or score good points but just for decent bench cover should play most games if uninjured just consider him an expensive rookie

stew42

http://www.bigpondsport.com/dream-team-builder-jonathon-patton/tabid/91/newsid/101486/default.aspx

My response:

a) You call an average of 50 good for a rookie? Look at Dayne Zorko, averaged 90+.

b) I would probably rather say that the Giants' midfield has potential rather than talent. Fact is that they scored the least points in the league, with 1270. The next lowest was GCS with 1509. That says that either GWS forwards aren't marking well enough, or that the delivery into the midfield is poor. I'm thinking mostly the latter here. Ballmagnet Toby Greene's disposal efficiency was 65% with 4.3 clangers per game. It would be optimistic to think that the Giants' mids will improve that much.

c) The only good KPP player I know is Buddy, and even he is inconsistent and has more FKA than anyone in the league (without his 200, he averaged 94, which was less than Pav). Look at Jack Riewoldt. Won the Coleman, but only averaged 80 in Dreamteam. A goalkicker does not a DTer make.

All this said, I do think he will be a star. In 5 years time.

Toga

Looked good that game but I think I agree with you stew. Very good post!

Ziplock

he scored 34 playing on an AA FB, which translates to about 100 dt points in a full game...

owenbond007

AA FB - alcoholic anonymous full back ;D

Feeling bit retarded in asking but what does it mean

Ziplock

it means he was matched up against an all australian full back :P

owenbond007

Lol! Why didn't I see that. Had a mediocre Sunday sip ... Knew it was obvious :'(