Main Menu

Giles re-signs

Started by Ricochet, October 15, 2012, 11:15:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149679/default.aspx

JONATHAN Giles has re-signed with Greater Western Sydney, penning a deal for the next three seasons.

Winning Giles' signature is a significant boon for GWS, given the 24-year-old's outstanding form in the club's debut AFL season when he shouldered most of its ruck load over his 20 games.

Ziplock

Capper

now will they get another ruck to help him out or just use the kids they have??

Ziplock

I could still see us hypothetically picking up seaby, and I reckon we'll grab grundy with pick 3.

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on October 15, 2012, 03:11:52 PM
I could still see us hypothetically picking up seaby, and I reckon we'll grab grundy with pick 3.
So Giles, Seaby, Grundy along with Phillips??

Nice!!

Ziplock

Yeah, Giles and Seaby to be fielded for the next couple of years, while Grundy/ Phillips develop... then hwoever's ready to go first will be in when seaby retires, while the otherone will either play 3rd fiddle, or get developed to cover as a key back/ forward.

Capper

Quote from: Ziplock on October 15, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
Yeah, Giles and Seaby to be fielded for the next couple of years, while Grundy/ Phillips develop... then hwoever's ready to go first will be in when seaby retires, while the otherone will either play 3rd fiddle, or get developed to cover as a key back/ forward.
i dont know if you can get a full year out of Seaby though if his knee is as bad as people are saying. Mind you thats not a bad thing as it gives Philips and Grundy some 1s game time

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on October 15, 2012, 03:52:22 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 15, 2012, 03:42:31 PM
i dont know if you can get a full year out of Seaby though if his knee is as bad as people are saying. Mind you thats not a bad thing as it gives Philips and Grundy some 1s game time

all we really need/ want would be a year or two.