Broughton on the trade table

Started by chaosAD, October 15, 2012, 01:29:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosAD

Finally we aren't the only ones who hate Greg, Ross Lyon has said he is available to be traded, great news

JBs-Hawks

Scrads

I still don't believe this, have searched google and can't find anything and the only places I have seen it are here and an AFL trade rumour fb page.

Capper

interesting but to who and for what??

Surely he wont leave home??

Scrads

Quote from: tabs on October 15, 2012, 01:41:28 AM
interesting but to who and for what??

Surely he wont leave home??

The other thing is teams aren't going to be chasing after him with their first rounders and freo would be stupid to take a second rounder for him. Deal would have to involve a player, Gumbleton is the only player off the top of my head who I can see heading west...

elephants

ronl

Before he was injured late in the year I thought Broughton's attitude on the ground as to how he was being utilized by Lyon showed he was not a happy chappy.  To me, he looked disinterested and dispirited.  I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him go.

Ricochet

Quote from: Scrads on October 15, 2012, 01:38:16 AM
I still don't believe this, have searched google and can't find anything and the only places I have seen it are here and an AFL trade rumour fb page.
Neither do i. Where have ppl heard this??
I really cannot see Freo letting Broughts go

valkorum

Quote from: chaosAD on October 15, 2012, 01:29:03 AM
Finally we aren't the only ones who hate Greg, Ross Lyon has said he is available to be traded, great news

Please dont "chinese whisper" out loud.  Ross Lyon has not said that Broughton is available to trade.  For starters its a decision by Chris Bond (which Ross will have input in), secondly this has been started from a Twitter account that is not Chris, Ross or the Freo Football club.

I have seen a bunch of hypertheticals and the best one I have seen is:

GWS give pick #3 and receive Broughton and pick #16

Kellogscrunchynut

Quote from: valkorum on October 15, 2012, 02:02:47 PM
Quote from: chaosAD on October 15, 2012, 01:29:03 AM

Please dont "chinese whisper" out loud.  Ross Lyon has not said that Broughton is available to trade.  For starters its a decision by Chris Bond (which Ross will have input in), secondly this has been started from a Twitter account that is not Chris, Ross or the Freo Football club.

Probably a good scenario everyone wins.

valkorum

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 15, 2012, 02:52:09 PM

As much as it hurts me to say this but if this was the offer then Freo should jump at the chance to take it.  I could then see Freo using pick #3 on Stringer.  That would be a WIN for Freo IMO

Hagebear

Even if he leaves Freo I'll stay well away from him. Don't think he'll ever be an put and out midfielder and due to his size will keep getting those showerty little lockdown roles either forward or back.

Ziplock

Quote from: valkorum on October 15, 2012, 02:57:23 PM

As much as it hurts me to say this but if this was the offer then Freo should jump at the chance to take it.  I could then see Freo using pick #3 on Stringer.  That would be a WIN for Freo IMO

I tried to respond to this at uni, but my net was showerhouse :/

Basically, I personally think that's a reasonable trade... that being said, I don't think we'll do it- we traded too hard for those first 3 picks, I think our recruiters know specifically who they want.

What about 13 for broughton, straight swap?

valkorum

Quote from: Ziplock on October 15, 2012, 05:57:02 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 15, 2012, 02:57:23 PM

I tried to respond to this at uni, but my net was showerhouse :/

Basically, I personally think that's a reasonable trade... that being said, I don't think we'll do it- we traded too hard for those first 3 picks, I think our recruiters know specifically who they want.

What about 13 for broughton, straight swap?

I dont mind that either - Would almost guarentee us getting Mason Shaw.  Roberton for 13 and I would wet myself.