Shaun Burgoyne - Hawthron Hawks

Position: DEF/MID

Price (fanplanner): 370,400

2011 Games: 21

2011 Average: 72

2012 Games: 21

2012 Average: 71.7

2012 Tons: 2

Summary: Burgoyne was relatively inconsistent this year due the positional changes Clarkson put on him, one week he would be a lockdown defender and score 50, the next let free through the midfield and score 120-130, with the arrival of Lake Burgoyne should get more of a free leash in the midfield (or dropped, who knows?) Certainly one to watch over the NAB cup.

Vedict: Watch over the NAB cup for me

Average Prediction: 80-85

First one in a while. :)

henry

Definitely won't be dropped, don't worry about that. He's one of our most important players. He is still a genuine match winner and Clarkson put him in the middle for a quater when we needed to turn the tide. Hopefully the arrival of Lake will free him up a bit more and allow him to spend some more time in the midfield, particularly with Whitecross going to miss the majority of the season. Good write up, am now definitely considering.

Adamant

Interesting point about Burgoyne getting freed with Lake now at the Hawks, nearing the 30 mark though...

Windigo

When he plays midfield he is a pretty good scorer, but I  think he is past his best.  :-\

Spinking

Good work Koop.

Yeah can't see his output improving myself. Very consistent, doesn't get injured much, but won't be in my team.

silky

clarko might realise he's too good to be wasted in the backline

The_Captain

nooo way..... not even dt relevant anymore..

Ricochet

definitely won't be starting with him, far better options out there

elephants

Another player that falls into the "quality player but no good for DT" category :P

Hagebear

Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2012, 01:34:30 PM
Another player that falls into the "quality player but no good for DT" category :P

+1 very much an impact player. Just doesn't score anywhere near enough to be considered.

Adamant

Has averaged low-70's the last 2 years and is 30 :-\

The_Captain

Top player  8). Just not a dt player ;D

Shihan7

Not for me at his age. Will be interesting to see how the arrival of Lake will affect him though.