Tominator's Top 22 - NAB AFL Draft First Round Predictions

Started by Tominator, October 13, 2012, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The F.A.R.K.

Justin Bieber

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on October 29, 2012, 01:13:23 AM
mmm i see toumpas at melb

Toumpas will go in the Top 3... GWS have enough midfielders and Toumpas can play off defence as well as in the middle

Ollie Wines will go at 4

Purple 77

Hats off to you Tominator, that was an awesome write-up :)

Would love Wines or Toumpas to go to Melbourne at number 4, but I think Wines is more likely. Also, Wines and Viney were best mates, so that would be good as well.

Tominator

If you want to know any more info about these players then I've added links on the main page... Also check out Mr Craig's Rookie thread, this guy knows his stuff

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on October 29, 2012, 02:16:09 PM

Toumpas will go in the Top 3... GWS have enough midfielders and Toumpas can play off defence as well as in the middle

Ollie Wines will go at 4

I doubt wines. Yes he has great stats but he just doesnt look like he is ready to hit those numbers straight into afl. My sources say Toumpas isnt required at gws and with tippett likely to enter draft this will see grundy tippett and whitfield land at gws

that leaves toumpas at melbourne and wines further down

Toumpas is named as a half back, yet played most of his sanfl footy off half foward? He lacks defensive skills and is very much a "ill sit a metere outside pack get a cheap handball and run down the wing into the foward line and goal" player. He has speed and clean skills and can read the play well. He isnt really a defender though

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on October 29, 2012, 11:32:42 PM

Ollie Wines will go at 4

I doubt wines. Yes he has great stats but he just doesnt look like he is ready to hit those numbers straight into afl. My sources say Toumpas isnt required at gws and with tippett likely to enter draft this will see grundy tippett and whitfield land at gws

Toumpas is named as a half back, yet played most of his sanfl footy off half foward? He lacks defensive skills and is very much a "ill sit a metere outside pack get a cheap handball and run down the wing into the foward line and goal" player. He has speed and clean skills and can read the play well. He isnt really a defender though

yeah he played SANFL at half-forward but at the U18s he played off half-back and through the midfield... very versatile player

Tippett to GWS is a rumour gaining a lot of wind today, but I reckon they will wait til Pick 12.. their main threat is if the Dogs grab him at 5 or 6, but I reckon they'll get Stringer and O'Rourke there

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Tominator on October 29, 2012, 11:40:54 PM

Ollie Wines will go at 4

yeah he played SANFL at half-forward but at the U18s he played off half-back and through the midfield... very versatile player

Tippett to GWS is a rumour gaining a lot of wind today, but I reckon they will wait til Pick 12.. their main threat is if the Dogs grab him at 5 or 6, but I reckon they'll get Stringer and O'Rourke there

He played half back in 18s because he had the most experience outta anyone in the sa team...Playing sanfl against bigger bodies toumpas struggled to win contested footy and had very little defensive pressure. He just worked well at half foward because he is an attacking machine

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on October 30, 2012, 01:12:35 PM
Quote from: Tominator on October 29, 2012, 11:40:54 PM

Ollie Wines will go at 4

He played half back in 18s because he had the most experience outta anyone in the sa team...Playing sanfl against bigger bodies toumpas struggled to win contested footy and had very little defensive pressure. He just worked well at half foward because he is an attacking machine

well he can play in both then can't he   ::)

very versatile player

Anubis

Brogan has signed on for 2013
Phillips upgraded to the senior list
GWS will get Tippett in the PSD

Does GWS need a ruckman now?

Grundy will be at Port!

tbagrocks

Quote from: Anubis on October 30, 2012, 06:23:45 PM

Grundy will be at Port!
Now surely the Melbourne Demons will have him, they'd bw flowering stupid not to, how old and injury prone is Jamar? Pick 4 to the Dee's ;)

Toga

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 30, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

Grundy will be at Port!
Now surely the Melbourne Demons will have him, they'd bw flowering stupid not to, how old and injury prone is Jamar? Pick 4 to the Dee's ;)

+1 Melbourne, WBD would be stupid not to get him.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: Toga on October 30, 2012, 07:36:22 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 30, 2012, 07:05:21 PM

Grundy will be at Port!

+1 Melbourne, WBD would be stupid not to get him.

gws wuld be stupid to pass up the best young ruck the draft has ever seen

Anubis

Tominator

according to many recruiters, Grundy is better than Naitanui was at U18 level.

Boom boom