Tominator's Top 22 - NAB AFL Draft First Round Predictions

Started by Tominator, October 13, 2012, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Torpedo10

Quote from: Anubis on October 28, 2012, 05:33:51 AM
Macrae is an outside mid, and isn't a class user of the ball like Whitfield or Mayes. Definitely not top 5 quality.

GWS don't want Grundy. Bulldogs don't want him and Port need a ruck. Melb are a chance since they got rid of Martin.

1, Whitfield
2. Toumpas
3. Stringer
4. Wines
5. O'Rouke
6. Plowman
7. Grundy

It would be interesting to see it play out like this because Viney and Wines are best friends and played all their junior footy together, and O'Rouke and Plowman come from the same local club (Gisborne).
Stringer won't go top 3. Toumpas, Whitfield, Grundy & Wines should be top 4 with Stringer, O'Rouke & Plowman should go just outside the top 4.

Anubis

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on October 28, 2012, 01:43:03 PM
You obvioulsy dont watch much junior footy then is you think wines is "classier" than macrae

Nobody said Wines has more class than Macrae. Can't ya read properly mate? Clearly it says Mayes and Whitfield.

Macrae is nothing like Matthew Boyd. He's an outside player, like Embley but without the same long kicking skills. Gun player who can find heaps of the ball. I think I would know, since I played footy with him in the under 16's at the Chargers  ::) I love how everyone on here is a drafting expert.

GWS have said that they are not going to develop another ruckman. They're going to trade one in when they think they are a premiership contender.

Spite

Port need a ruck? Redden, Lobbe and Renouf? It could be worse. EG GWS??

Ziplock

Quote from: Spite on October 28, 2012, 02:09:27 PM

we have giles, brogan will play on as well this year, then we'll get grundy in the draft, and phillips/ downie as back ups. Could be worse.

Anubis

Justin Bieber

Spite

Quote from: Ziplock on October 28, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

we have giles, brogan will play on as well this year, then we'll get grundy in the draft, and phillips/ downie as back ups. Could be worse.

Exactly, I am saying that GWS will take Grundy and they will be set for a long time! Anubis seems to think otherwise.

Quote from: Anubis on October 28, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

3 spuds

Your opinion is all that Port listens too, so they will take grundy because you don't rate their ruckman.

At the end of the day, OPINIONS aside, the fact of the matter is that Port Adelaide have 3 proper contracted ruckman on their list, all are young and have been obviously getting games to prepare them for the future.

Those are the facts. LOGIC dictates they will not draft Grundy when they already have other viable options and can take a super mid/for/back.

Toga

Quote from: Spite on October 28, 2012, 04:48:48 PM
Quote from: Ziplock on October 28, 2012, 02:15:37 PM

Exactly, I am saying that GWS will take Grundy and they will be set for a long time! Anubis seems to think otherwise.

Quote from: Anubis on October 28, 2012, 03:45:17 PM

3 spuds

Your opinion is all that Port listens too, so they will take grundy because you don't rate their ruckman.

At the end of the day, OPINIONS aside, the fact of the matter is that Port Adelaide have 3 proper contracted ruckman on their list, all are young and have been obviously getting games to prepare them for the future.

Those are the facts. LOGIC dictates they will not draft Grundy when they already have other viable options and can take a super mid/for/back.

Also, Grundy will be gone before Port even has a pick so it doesn't really matter ::)

Anubis

Bump this thread after the draft. Grundy will be at Port.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Anubis on October 28, 2012, 05:35:05 PM
I'm a betting man, how much do you want on it! I'll give you 20/1

Tominator

No way hozay... Grundy will go in the top 3, GWS need ruckman with Brogan gone and only Giles left,there is not a hope in hell that GWS will pass up one of the best junior ruckmen the draft has ever seen...

Toga

Quote from: Tominator on October 28, 2012, 06:43:36 PM

No way hozay... Grundy will go in the top 3, GWS need ruckman with Brogan gone and only Giles left,there is not a hope in hell that GWS will pass up one of the best junior ruckmen the draft has ever seen...

+1 and even if they did I'm sure Melbourne or wbd wouldn't pass him up

The F.A.R.K.

grundy and whitfield have already pre much signed with gws its just who will be the third

T Dog

Any mistakes here and the mighty Pies will pounce... ::)

Tominator

Quote from: The F.A.R.K. on October 28, 2012, 08:59:43 PM
grundy and whitfield have already pre much signed with gws its just who will be the third

his name is Jimmy Toumpas