Tominator's Top 22 - NAB AFL Draft First Round Predictions

Started by Tominator, October 13, 2012, 04:42:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toga

Really hoping Jake Stringer slips down through the order so the Tiges can get him at pick #9 ::)

good little write-up tommy, although I don't reckon richmond will take McRae, but more likely someone like Sam Mayes or Troy Menzel, as I think he's more suited to our needs-we've got enough mids for my liking! :P

PowerBug

Quote from: Tominator on October 22, 2012, 10:27:35 PM
will update the order at the end of the trade period (when the draft order is finalised)  so sit tight til then!
Cheers mate, this will be a very handy tool for many people. :) Will wait patiently.
Leader of the King Karl Amon fan club
Coach of WXV side Rio De Janeiro Jaguars
2023 SC: Rank 126

The F.A.R.K.

1. Nathan stark has about a 0.0001% chance of being top 20. Id rate him a 50-80 player
2. Sam mayes will go to port. Homegrown is what they are taking, theyll get mayes, broomhead, stark, sumner ect ect
3. hrovat is way to small he will be pick 30+

other than that very good list

Tominator

now set according to the official draft order!! Enjoy it guys, hope you get something out of it   :)

Toga

Quote from: Tominator on October 27, 2012, 06:31:57 PM
now set according to the official draft order!! Enjoy it guys, hope you get something out of it   :)

onya tommy, thanks for the hard work! :)

The F.A.R.K.

I know a fair bit about this draft as some might know, heres how my top 22 would go

1. Lachie Whitfield
2. Brodie Grundy
3. Jackson Macrae
4. Jimmy Toumpas
5. Jonothan O'Rourke
6. Oliver Wines
7. Sam Mayes
8. Taylor Garner
9. Lachlan Plownan
10. Joe Daniher
11. Jake Stringer
12. Tim Membrey
13. Troy Menzel
14. Tom Clurey
15. Nick Vlaustin
16. Ben Kennedy
17. Dayle Garlett
18. Nathan Hrovat
19. Mason Shaw
20. Josh Simpson
21. Sam Colouqhan
22. Kristian Jacksh

GWS have already said they dont want toumpas and reckon macrae suits what they are after
Some say mayes will slip to late 15s but homegrown talent, port need to draft locally
I reckon Kennedy and Colouqhan are overated and will slip a few more than expected

JBs-Hawks

Wheres your source on gws saying they won't take toumpas? If they didn't take him they would take wines before macrae too?

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 28, 2012, 01:50:44 AM
Wheres your source on gws saying they won't take toumpas? If they didn't take him they would take wines before macrae too?

I have my sources. Secret Sources. They want an inside mid like macrae, and while we all rate wines coz his dt stats he isnt as classy as macrae and macrae looks the better footballer. Toumpas is an outside mid coming off hip surger...gws arent interested

Justin Bieber

The fark talks heaps of bs.

Just look at the gap in his teeth.

The F.A.R.K.

Quote from: whatlez on October 28, 2012, 02:01:18 AM
The fark talks heaps of bs.

Just look at the gap in his teeth.

whatever i have my sources, trust them or not i will and it will help us in euros

Anubis

Macrae is an outside mid, and isn't a class user of the ball like Whitfield or Mayes. Definitely not top 5 quality.

GWS don't want Grundy. Bulldogs don't want him and Port need a ruck. Melb are a chance since they got rid of Martin.

1, Whitfield
2. Toumpas
3. Stringer
4. Wines
5. O'Rouke
6. Plowman
7. Grundy

It would be interesting to see it play out like this because Viney and Wines are best friends and played all their junior footy together, and O'Rouke and Plowman come from the same local club (Gisborne).

Toga

FARK i don't see Stringer slipping down to 11. Pretty sure he trained with the Bullies and they're pretty impressed by him, I'm tipping them to pick him up with 5 or 6..

But i agree with you about port picking up Mayes, I think the SA clubs will look at recruiting home-grown talent from now on to counter the 'go-home' factor that has cost the Crows so much over the past few years..

Tominator

Quote from: Toga on October 28, 2012, 11:02:15 AM
FARK i don't see Stringer slipping down to 11. Pretty sure he trained with the Bullies and they're pretty impressed by him, I'm tipping them to pick him up with 5 or 6..

But i agree with you about port picking up Mayes, I think the SA clubs will look at recruiting home-grown talent from now on to counter the 'go-home' factor that has cost the Crows so much over the past few years..

or just the go-wherever-the-money is factor, a la Tippett

but yeah I think Port will take Mayes at 7, that's where I had him in my draft order

Justin Bieber

But look at your ugly face Fark and that gap in your teeth. You cannot take you seriously looking like that hahaha

The F.A.R.K.

You obvioulsy dont watch much junior footy then is you think wines is "classier" than macrae

Wines is tough at the football and does win a lot of footy but he is more like a dane swan/early patrick dangerfield. Macrae wins a lot of ball and is like a matthew boyd. Wines is so hyped because of his large numbers in state comp but i reckon he will take a few solid years to develop into a premium calssy pure midfielder. He will get there though. While macrae played outside during the nab 18s comp he has played inside for a lot of his junior career and reckon after a preseason or so this will be his role. He has an accurate, long kick and racks up the ball.

My only concern about stringer is his broken leg. Since he broke his leg he has not been anywhere near the player he was. Similar case to menzel in that if they didnt have these injuries they would be top 5 picks garunteed

GWS do want grundy, thats why they didnt make a strong play for robbie warnock or stefan martin during trade week. They want Giles and Grundy to be their full time rucks next year, also reckon grundy up foward with patton wouldnt look to bad either.

Maybe the only difference to my 22 might be wines going 5 and o rourke at 6, vlaustin might go a bit higher and maybe coloquhan a bit higher