Dean Towers - 2012 Fothergill/Round Medallist

Started by Football Factory, October 13, 2012, 02:51:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The_Captain

SydneyRox

Nice Fantasy write up. Basically summarised, will probably play this year, even if he doesn't start round 1. But don't expect massive fantasy scores.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/dream-team-builder-dean-towers/tabid/91/newsid/102126/default.aspx

The_Captain

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 13, 2013, 09:05:41 PM
Nice Fantasy write up. Basically summarised, will probably play this year, even if he doesn't start round 1. But don't expect massive fantasy scores.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/dream-team-builder-dean-towers/tabid/91/newsid/102126/default.aspx

Would of thought with you guys strong squad he wouldnt get a game? Cunningham, Mitchell just a few ahead ? Or will he fasttrack them? And others in the team?

Noz

Tempted to make some sort of Steve McQueen Towering Inferno joke but I can't think of one

nostradamus

Quote from: Noz on February 13, 2013, 10:09:04 PM
Tempted to make some sort of Steve McQueen Towering Inferno joke but I can't think of one

Tower-is-in-form-oh :P

SydneyRox

Quote from: noto07 on February 13, 2013, 09:23:38 PM

Would of thought with you guys strong squad he wouldnt get a game? Cunningham, Mitchell just a few ahead ? Or will he fasttrack them? And others in the team?

if he stays true to form, then he is a defender, which will probably be the 'easiest' line to break into this year. Cunners and Mitchell are really competing to run through the midfield

The_Captain

Quote from: SydneyRox on February 14, 2013, 12:53:24 AM
Quote from: noto07 on February 13, 2013, 09:23:38 PM

if he stays true to form, then he is a defender, which will probably be the 'easiest' line to break into this year. Cunners and Mitchell are really competing to run through the midfield

Interesting. Always thought he was a winger. But hopefully he can crack a game! He is mid only but in fantasy isnt he?

elephants

Yeah mate, mid only.

Hopefully a downgrade target, plenty of mid starting options (I can't fit them all in!!)

The_Captain

Quote from: elephants on February 16, 2013, 03:58:04 PM
Yeah mate, mid only.

Hopefully a downgrade target, plenty of mid starting options (I can't fit them all in!!)

Yeh i know! Hopefully he doesn't play till round 7 or 8 haha

specky lecky

Would be a lock at any other club, but sydney, they never seem to play their rookies straight away. With blokes like parker still likely to cop a few vests this year, it seems unlikely we will see him until there are some injuries

Capper

Lined up against Everitt in the Swans Intraclub and started off well until the rain came and he struggled in the wet. Will not be a wet weather player.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: specky lecky on February 19, 2013, 12:17:46 PM
Would be a lock at any other club, but sydney, they never seem to play their rookies straight away. With blokes like parker still likely to cop a few vests this year, it seems unlikely we will see him until there are some injuries

Why would you pick a mature aged player with your first pick in the National draft if you weren't thinking of using him this season?

I think perhaps though that the Swans see him as slotting into the team once Bolton retires so next season could be his year.

Capper

Quote from: Memphistopheles on February 19, 2013, 02:35:56 PM

Why would you pick a mature aged player with your first pick in the National draft if you weren't thinking of using him this season?

I think perhaps though that the Swans see him as slotting into the team once Bolton retires so next season could be his year.
He will be up against the likes of Armstrong and Everitt for a game though.

SydneyRox

Future planning, while he may not play too many this year our defense (which is where I think he will play to start) is getting on in years.

Shaw 32 - Turns 33 this year
Mattner - 31 - Turns 32 this year
Richards 30 - Turned 30 in Jan
LRT 29 - Turns 30 this year
Eski 28 -  Turns 29 this year

Throw in Bolton (33 next month), ROK (Turned 32 in Jan)

Our list will look pretty different in 2-3years.

Memphistopheles

Quote from: tabs on February 19, 2013, 02:38:09 PM

He will be up against the likes of Armstrong and Everitt for a game though.

Lol

I haven't even seen Towers play yet and I already know he'll be better than those two spuds.