Main Menu

When is the 2013 Fixture released?

Started by quinny88, October 13, 2012, 01:45:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

quinny88

I cant seem to find the release date for the 2013 fixture. The AFL website says "late october". Is it usually the same date every year or can it vary?

P.s Fingers crossed for Richmond not getting the rough end once again. Wouldnt mind Adelaides fixture from this year if thats not to much to ask :D

Scrads

The timeslot on the AFL website is distinctly after the trade period, so i would assume 'late October' would mean the fixture will be released some day between October 27-31. My guess would be it wouldn't be the day after trade period, and probably not over the weekend so I will guess Monday October 29 :)

Mr.Craig

Last year it was October 28, so as Scrads said it should be around the Friday before or Monday after the last weekend of the month.

quinny88

Tominator

fingers crossed the AFL don't feel the need to change the Crows' fixture next year, I reckon they got it just about right   :D

quinny88

Quote from: Tominator on October 13, 2012, 02:06:08 PM
fingers crossed the AFL don't feel the need to change the Crows' fixture next year, I reckon they got it just about right   :D

Haha somehow I think it might be a bit tougher this year

henry

Hopefully the Hawks will be a little easier this year, although we still managed to finish minor premiers so I guess it didn't matter too much. Hopefully the byes won't stuff us up too much

Cicjose

some food for thought for future fixtures (Not necessarily for 2013)

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/145636/default.aspx

RICHMOND'S Daniel Jackson has warned the AFL against making changes to the controversial substitute rule, saying the League was in danger of "cooking" its players.

A recent meeting between the AFL Players Association and the AFL Laws committee discussed the idea of the League introducing a second substitute next season, but the AFLPA is strongly opposed to the idea.

"Trial it in the NAB Cup, that's fine but the NAB Cup is a different type of footy. It's not as long, hard and grueling as an AFL season. We might be fine for the first few games if they brought it in but the real worry would be in the second half especially if we don't have two byes," he said.