Previous topic - Next topic

Capper

Thus far he and HMac are locks for next year

Although Goldy, Sauce and Maric's JS may outweigh this

Adamant

Quote from: tabs on October 13, 2012, 03:00:21 AM

H-Mac's an interesting choice at the Cats. Many people (including me) have locked in Goldy, but H-Mac may be a sneaky unique who could average 90-95ish. Still, I think Goldy is a better pick purely based on value - Goldy priced at 79 avg / H-Mac priced at 90.

Capper

Quote from: Adamant on October 13, 2012, 03:05:39 AM

H-Mac's an interesting choice at the Cats. Many people (including me) have locked in Goldy, but H-Mac may be a sneaky unique who could average 90-95ish. Still, I think Goldy is a better pick purely based on value - Goldy priced at 79 avg / H-Mac priced at 90.
the other interesting fct is that Hmac wasnt going to play in the ruck any more if he had played on at the roos to prolong his career, but now he at the cats he will play in the ruck. This could be a major question mark here

Jukes

Many locked in Goldy and Leuey at the start of last season, coming off 99.3 and 92.8 averages respectively...one dropped 20 in average, the other dropped 36 (injury affected). Now we're all locking them in at 70 and 250k cheaper for this season haha.

Locking in both for this season.

Adamant

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2012, 03:13:57 AM
Many locked in Goldy and Leuey at the start of last season, coming off 99.3 and 92.8 averages respectively...one dropped 20 in average, the other dropped 36 (injury affected). Now we're all locking them in at 70 and 250k cheaper for this season haha.

Locking in both for this season.
Haha, I was just thinking about that.

Scrads

Hmac is interesting at Geelong. Godly I really like but I just am not feeling this year for some reason. I think I'm scared of picking a pure R premium straight off the bat.

Is Grundy any chance of being R/F ? Would say he is the best bet as a ruck bench option. If there are no playing rookie R/Fs I won't start one but might downgrade a (hopefully) playing forward or ruck rookie to create my link with my premium R/F

Jukes

Quote from: Scrads on October 13, 2012, 03:20:33 AM

Hmac is interesting at Geelong. Godly I really like but I just am not feeling this year for some reason. I think I'm scared of picking a pure R premium straight off the bat.

Is Grundy any chance of being R/F ? Would say he is the best bet as a ruck bench option. If there are no playing rookie R/Fs I won't start one but might downgrade a (hopefully) playing forward or ruck rookie to create my link with my premium R/F

HMac got Vardy and West to deal with...even though they're both shower, will steal hitouts from him.

Jukes

With Brodie Grundy highly likely going to GWS (Source: Tominator), surely we can't have him second ruck. Giles is well ahead of him and therefore Grundy will miss a lot of points from hitouts, and perhaps not play as many games as he would at a club with flower all rucks.

Leuey and a premo (Goldy!) with Grundy and Daniher seeming a very popular ruck combo for 2013.

Football Factory

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2012, 05:15:28 PM
With Brodie Grundy highly likely going to GWS (Source: Tominator), surely we can't have him second ruck. Giles is well ahead of him and therefore Grundy will miss a lot of points from hitouts, and perhaps not play as many games as he would at a club with flower all rucks.

Leuey and a premo (Goldy!) with Grundy and Daniher seeming a very popular ruck combo for 2013.
Apparently talks are at a stalemate .. so Giles might leave and they will have flower all rucks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149473/default.aspx

Mr.Craig

Quote from: FOOTBALL FACTORY on October 13, 2012, 05:34:19 PM
Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2012, 05:15:28 PM

Apparently talks are at a stalemate .. so Giles might leave and they will have flower all rucks

http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/149473/default.aspx

If Giles goes they would have Brogan (presuming he plays on), Phillips, Folau, Bruce, Downie and Grundy as ruck options.

I think Grundy would get 16+ games in that scenario.

Jukes

Even if Grundy become number one ruck, I don't think I'll go for him as second ruck. Leuey and Goldy just provide so much more value.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Jukes on October 13, 2012, 05:51:57 PM
Even if Grundy become number one ruck, I don't think I'll go for him as second ruck. Leuey and Goldy just provide so much more value.

Agreed.

Spinking

Locked into my side. Going to use him as R2 with a gun at R1. I think he will start slowly as he gets back into it, but could well be a keeper for the whole year.

Jukes

This thread has turned into basically ruck discussion lol.

I reckon Goldy and Leuey could both be top 5 rucks. Goldy will average about 97 which I reckon will overtake Cox (age) and Maric (one season wonder), while Leuey could develop into a top-of-the-range ruckman and average low-to-mid 90s. Time will tell.

Shihan7

Good write up Jukes. Easily a lock at that price!