2010 Average: 77.3
2010 Big Scores: 121, 107, 96

2011 Games: 22
2011 Average: 92.8
2011 Big Scores: 140, 120, 118

2012 Games: 3
2012 Average: 56.6
2012 Scores: 64, 99, 7

After a very good 2011 with 15 scores over 90, he crashed out with a season-ending achilles injury in just round 3 after a disappointing 64, impressive 99 and obviously injury affected 7. At 204k, a 56.6 average with a 30% discount, he presents great value as a 2nd ruckman or a very good back-up. His durability may be a factor, having played just 69 games from 132 possible games in 6 years since debuting, although he played every game in 2010 and 2011. In 2011, his last full season, 724 of his 2042 DT points came from hitouts, which may be disrupted by the impact of Ben Hudson, who filled in for Leuey last season and may ruck a fair amount in 2013, stealing from Leuey's main avenue of points, which may severely reduce his average from 2011 as he only averaged 15 possessions, 4 marks and 2 tackles.

Verdict: Although he probably won't score as much as in 2011, he still remains a great ruckmen and his natural progression (he's only 24) may equalise this stealing of hitouts and gametime by Hudson, and at his tiny price is a must have unless you are planning to start with 2 premium ruckmen from the off.
Predicted Average: 90

Scrads

I have a bad feeling when the official prices are released CD/VS will bump his up a little bit Hayes/Porplyzia-style :(

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on October 12, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
I have a bad feeling when the official prices are released CD/VS will bump his up a little bit Hayes/Porplyzia-style :(
Even if he was bumped up to 350k, I would still pay that for him as he's a potential top 3 ruck.

Scrads

Quote from: Adamant on October 12, 2012, 11:45:07 PM
Quote from: Scrads on October 12, 2012, 11:43:56 PM
Even if he was bumped up to 350k, I would still pay that for him as he's a potential top 3 ruck.

This is true, if the prices are on the same scale as they were last year then I would probably get him anywhere up to 350k aswell.

Jukes

Doubtful he'll rise up to 300k, see him as realistically about 250k, which is a massive lock.

Adamant

Scrads

Quote from: Adamant on October 12, 2012, 11:51:57 PM
Yep, surely everyone will lock him in?

If he is at his fanplanner price then yes absolute must-have for everyone even half-serious about DT :)

Jukes

I suppose we're all going for him as second ruck? Will be a great cheap 2nd ruck like Giles was last year but for double the price but less risk.

Scrads

Quote from: Jukes on October 12, 2012, 11:56:39 PM
I suppose we're all going for him as second ruck? Will be a great cheap 2nd ruck like Giles was last year but for double the price but less risk.

I am undecided on this at the moment, if I can get a good F/R link then I may just leave him as #1 knowing I have back-up available in the forward line. It is good because it means you can pick and choose which of a few rookies play :)

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on October 13, 2012, 12:10:04 AM

I am undecided on this at the moment, if I can get a good F/R link then I may just leave him as #1 knowing I have back-up available in the forward line. It is good because it means you can pick and choose which of a few rookies play :)
Will you be using Roughy as the DPP link?

Scrads

Quote from: Adamant on October 13, 2012, 12:18:02 AM
Quote from: Scrads on October 13, 2012, 12:10:04 AM

Will you be using Roughy as the DPP link?

Honestly I have a silent hope that NicNat is going to be a R/F but if that fails then honestly if Ryder gets it then I might go him. I have no idea why but I just am not keen on Roughead next year, it is odd because he was in my team as the F/R link for most of this year :-\

quinny88

Locked in provided he has a reasonable pre season.
Only want him if he is capable of becoming a keeper, dont want a guy in and out of the side and never finding consistency

Scrads

Quote from: quinny88 on October 13, 2012, 01:38:29 AM
Locked in provided he has a reasonable pre season.
Only want him if he is capable of becoming a keeper, dont want a guy in and out of the side and never finding consistency

I don't think his spot in the side is a worry, it would be his scoring which creates the inconsistency...

Jukes

Realistically his average could range anywhere from high 90s down to mid 70s.

Best case scenario he plays every game, Hudson is in and out of the side and averages 98 with naturally progression kicking in.

Worst case scenario his achilles niggles him all season, misses a few weeks at a time several occasions through the season, and when he plays Hudson steals his ruck time and he averages 75.

Mr.Craig

You'd be a brave coach not to pick him (or a stupid one) but I fear we're in for another turbulent season in that position. I'm pretty confident Grundy will get a decent number of games with GWS, it would help his cause even more if Giles was to move on. Daniher...loads of talent obviously but we'll have to wait and see how Essendon manage his development.

Even if people do have a DPP link things could end up getting tricky. :-\