2013 Player Profile: Matthew Leuenberger

Started by Jukes, October 12, 2012, 11:36:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POK252

What are peoples thoughts on how they will use Berger throughout the year. Obviously everyone will hope to have him the entire season, but by the end will he be a starting ruck or on the bench?? ATM I have Sandi & Cox (FWD) in my team as well as Berger. I'm hoping by seasons end that Cox will be moved to Ruck and Berger might be pushed to the bench. I might also have a cheap r/f in the FWDs as F8. With the old age of Cox and Sandi I can see them getting rested for a week or two towards the latter part of the year and Berger will be a great replacment on field if that eventuates.

theta

Concern for me is how much Martin's role will take from Louie's.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: theta on January 08, 2013, 08:48:39 PM

Does it matter as everyone will have him  ::)

theta

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 09:26:31 PM

If it has a McIntosh/Goldstein affect and he only averages 80, then yeah, it matters.

Obviously cant know until it happens, but we might be able to figure out is if Martin is a backup to Louie, or will play forward and pinch-hitch in the ruck - the difference might be 20-30ppg. 

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: theta on January 08, 2013, 09:50:58 PM

If it has a McIntosh/Goldstein affect and he only averages 80, then yeah, it matters.

Just like buddy in previous seasons (not so much this year) his scoring is irrelevant as everyone will have him.

And Martin couldnt get a gig with Jamar and Melbournes ruckman what makes you think he will effect Leuys scoring lol.

Scrads

Obviously cant know until it happens, but we might be able to figure out is if Martin is a backup to Louie, or will play forward and pinch-hitch in the ruck - the difference might be 20-30ppg.

Does it matter at his price...?

theta

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on January 08, 2013, 09:55:41 PM

Just like buddy in previous seasons (not so much this year) his scoring is irrelevant as everyone will have him.

And Martin couldnt get a gig with Jamar and Melbournes ruckman what makes you think he will effect Leuys scoring lol.

Edits above.

Well one scenario might be Voss might wanna ease Louie back in so will rotate with Martin.

Another might be Brisbane changes its gameplan and plays a ruckman forward like so many other teams have.

These suggestions arent that crazy.  Im just speculating on possible scenarios that may affect louie's output - If he only returns 80ppg, then he's not the deal everyone thinks he is....still a deal though.

JBs-Hawks

He doesnt need to be a keeper thats just a bonus.

Just look at him as if he is the 2013 Zac Smith/Jonathon Giles.

theta

Just realised we're in DT, Ive been speaking in SC terms, my bad.

Grazz

For me he's just a cash cow at the moment, wouldn't mind if he became a keeper though. Should make everyone a bit of cash if he can remain healthy.