Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

It would also be very helpful if everyone updated their lists as well after the results from this trade week are announced.

Some are out of date making things slightly challenging working out who has what. :)

CrowsFan

Well mine is up to date (barring Kersten trade) :P

But I do agree that everyone should update their lists!

Also what's the deal with meow? We finding a new coach or leaving it to see if he comes back any time soon? 3 times he has deactivated, as much as I like him and value him in the comp I really don't think he should be allowed another chance...

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 29, 2012, 07:47:45 PM
Well mine is up to date (barring Kersten trade) :P

But I do agree that everyone should update their lists!

Also what's the deal with meow? We finding a new coach or leaving it to see if he comes back any time soon? 3 times he has deactivated, as much as I like him and value him in the comp I really don't think he should be allowed another chance...

Honestly, I don't see it as that big of a deal. Yes he has deactivated his account on a few seperate occasions, but he has always returned and has always been around throughout this year to manage his team on a weekly basis. Sure he may have done it without warning or explanation, but the fact is he has always been around when it mattered.

Plus, he hasn't broken any rules as far as I am aware...the only one that he can be caught out on is if he doesn't vote twice consecutively, then his is sacked. Now I'm not sure if he voted in the last one, so he's either got until this Sunday or the following Sunday to come back.

Simple as that. :)

roo boys!

Agree with people keeping their lists updated, mine is pretty good in that regard I'm pretty sure so I should be alright. Makes it a lot easier to trade! (definitely not looking at you Nails :P)

ossie85

If meow misses 2 voting periods, we should consider his position then. Reckon whoever came 2nd to replace me should take over

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on October 30, 2012, 07:32:13 AM

If meow misses 2 voting periods, we should consider his position then. Reckon whoever came 2nd to replace me should take over

I reckon we hold a new one. There may be some coaches that didn't put their hand up last time.

Ringo

My lists are up to date.  With all the delistings may have missed one but I do update after the trades.

Regarding MEOW it is annoying so if he does not vote this week then I think we need to act.  As you say need to check with Purple whether he voted last timne.

Agree it should also be a fresh vote and nominations just in case some new coaches want to take on Moscow.

My Chumps

Say if Meow was sacked, could I say (not that I would but..) put my hand up to coach Moscow instead of the Cobras, and just be seen as another candidate?

Would be interesting that way... people would of course have to take into account the decisions coaches had made in the past, ie, I made some really shower trades and captaincy choices in 2013 so I might not do a very good job at Moscow.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: My Chumps on October 30, 2012, 05:19:24 PM
Say if Meow was sacked, could I say (not that I would but..) put my hand up to coach Moscow instead of the Cobras, and just be seen as another candidate?

Would be interesting that way... people would of course have to take into account the decisions coaches had made in the past, ie, I made some really shower trades and captaincy choices in 2013 so I might not do a very good job at Moscow.

Sure. Coaches move around in the AFL all the time. Can't see why that can't happen here.

Purple 77

funnily enough, meow was the first person to vote last time around.

But yeah, although annoying, he hasn't really broke any rules, so in my eyes it isn't a huge deal. But I think if he misses voting twice, definitely should be sacked

ossie85

ossie85

Trade 28 (Confirmed)

Mexico City gives: Terry Milera, Jarrad Boumann, Kyle Reimers
New Delhi gives: Brent Harvey, Daniel Merrett

With Boumann and Reimers delisted, that is looking like Terry Milera - a player that averages 63 - for two starting position players in Brent Harvey (95 ave) and Daniel Merrett (77).

:(

roo boys!

Guess that's the luck of the draw :-/ Not sure why anyone would want Reimers though, I could see his delisting coming from miles away as I'm sure everyone else could.

CrowsFan

Ossie I think in future seasons the trade period should only open once the list lodgements have been made by each club so that we can avoid all the issues of players trading players who then get delisted making the trades severely unfair...

Ringo

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 31, 2012, 01:19:50 PM
Ossie I think in future seasons the trade period should only open once the list lodgements have been made by each club so that we can avoid all the issues of players trading players who then get delisted making the trades severely unfair...
+1 - Good suggestion here Crows fan.  However we probably need to have a 3 week period prior to the National Draft where we can trade and finalise picks.
I would suggest that trade period starts on 1st November each year thus giving us a 3 week trading window.

And for the record I have traded in 4 players who were subsequently de-listed.