Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maca24

When people trade guns they get a lot for them.
I can see the reasoning. BB also might want some older heads.

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 08, 2012, 10:48:23 PM
Why are you still considering trading sidey? The youth route is fine but you will need captain material to lead you to a premiership because you have no idea how untried players will score so you cant count on them, youth policies should be under 25s not under 20s if you have a 25 year old you have minimum 5 years service.

agree with this 100% im going the youth strategy but i have gone after Goldy 24, Boak 24, Rance 23, Watts 21, Clark 25, Gray 24, Hurley 22 etc...

All young and should have 5+ years left but proven.

If i had sidey i wouldnt trade him unless i wanted a premiership soon and had an overload of mids and was short up front or down back.

Master Q

A side note, I'm wondering how many people will still be involved here in 5 years...

Maca24

People should be able to run their teams how they want without people telling them how too.

Boomz

Quote from: ossie85 on October 08, 2012, 09:45:05 AM

The trade etiquette here is incredibly bad.

You coaches need to realise we have months of trading period. So when someone is off for a few hours, and find players they have been negotiating for have been traded out without letting them know, that's just poor.

Some of the trades are ridiculous. Some of you are clearly are either being very stupid, or simply don't care that you are ruining the quality of the competition.

Some of you lack honour and integrity. You must be aware you are making trades that are very one sided your way.

Some of you don't respect the voting, and are letting votes pass because you won't your own trades to go through.

Some of you don't reply to offers, will say 'I'll run it past my assistants' and then I never hear from you again.

I'm very close to resigning. And I hate that feeling, because enjoyed year 1 immensely.

I wanted everybody to have an equal say in matters, and have let just about every rule go up for vote.

This is looking like it was a mistake.

Honestly... At the end of the day this is just a game. People will do what they want to do in terms of trades even if to others it seems stupid. They aren't under an obligation to negotiate with everyone...  The voting is there to stop the really bad ones and imo in most cases it has so I don't see where people have just been letting trades through either...

Maca24

Agree with Boomz. Plus trades we think are unfair could turn out better for the other team!

roo boys!

Yeah Maca, perfect example is you getting lucky with Jordan Lewis :P

Harper clearly a better player. CLEARLY. :P

Maca24

Could be long term RB!
My trade of Ward, Longer and Eski for Chappy, NRoo and Burgoyne was said to be way in my favor.
It's looking like Holz easily won it.

Holz

Quote from: Maca24 on October 09, 2012, 12:03:14 AM
Could be long term RB!
My trade of Ward, Longer and Eski for Chappy, NRoo and Burgoyne was said to be way in my favor.
It's looking like Holz easily won it.

its interesting what a year can do. While i dont have those guys left in my squad. I turned them into Jack Redden, Robbie Gray and Sam Docherty.

Holz

Dublin trade: Israel Folau

Moscow trade: Pick 30

Reason: Dont really need him anymore with the trades I have made and pick 30 will be useful. All the good players should be gone by than but I could get lucky and pick a gem.

meow meow

Quote from: Holzman on October 09, 2012, 02:38:13 AM
Dublin trade: Israel Folau

Moscow trade: Pick 30

Reason: Dont really need him anymore with the trades I have made and pick 30 will be useful. All the good players should be gone by than but I could get lucky and pick a gem.

Confirmed.

Reason: Brian Lake.

Lake moving to the Hawks pretty much seals Jordan Roughead's fate as a key position backman. Izzy should get fwd/ruck status next year and if he can average 55 that will be about as good as what i could get from a backup ruck like McBean, who I might have been able to get with #30.

meow meow

A little known fact is that on the morning of the 2004 draft, Hawthorn changed their mind about who to select with pick #2. Deledio was the clear #1 pick, and it was common knowledge that the Bulldogs were going to take Griffen at #3. Hawthorn intended on taking Tambling with #2 right up until the morning of the draft. They rated him higher than both Roughead and Franklin, but they decided they needed a centre half back more than a midfielder. 'bling wasn't available at #5 so the Hawks had to settle for Buddy.

Getting Izzy for #30 makes me feel like the Tigers when they got Tambling with #4. THE STEAL OF THE DRAFT!

ossie85

Trade 100 (Murdoch) has also failed. Give them 48 hours to make it work.

All others pass. 1 coach remaining to vote.

Nails

Just to clarify...

It's AFL rounds 1-17 that count towards the points cap yes? Got to squeeze everyone in.

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on October 09, 2012, 02:27:13 PM
Just to clarify...

It's AFL rounds 1-17 that count towards the points cap yes? Got to squeeze everyone in.

No, it is WXV Rounds 1-17

This should help:

Dane Swan   1862
Dean Cox   1892
Matthew Boyd   1951
Heath Scotland   1610
Drew Petrie   1687
Michael Barlow   1590
Steve Johnson   1503
Robbie Warnock   357
Shannon Hurn   1529
Jarred Brennan   1152