Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrowsFan

Yeah agree Ossie some of the trades being made are ridiculous! I'll admit I've been pretty poor at times in regards to getting back to people who have expressed interest in a player before making a trade but I'll try to be better in the future.

What I don't get is why the majority of the teams have all decided to go the youth approach and in doing so are just trading their so called old players to maca strengthening his team even more. This is not meant as offense to maca as he is sticking to a strategy and making it work for him, but everyone is pretty much just handing him the cup for the nex few seasons...

Nails

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 08, 2012, 12:19:35 PM
Yeah agree Ossie some of the trades being made are ridiculous! I'll admit I've been pretty poor at times in regards to getting back to people who have expressed interest in a player before making a trade but I'll try to be better in the future.

What I don't get is why the majority of the teams have all decided to go the youth approach and in doing so are just trading their so called old players to maca strengthening his team even more. This is not meant as offense to maca as he is sticking to a strategy and making it work for him, but everyone is pretty much just handing him the cup for the nex few seasons...

Maca has to get beat me first ;) My team has become pretty solid CF. :o Though I still feel Maca has it on depth.

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 08, 2012, 12:19:35 PM

I don't understand why if you have a youth policy you would trade Sidebottom, he's what 21 and already pretty much super premo

CrowsFan

AFEV

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 08, 2012, 02:30:08 PM
Yeah that also confused me JB ::)
What confused me is the only half decent player they received (and he isn't that brilliant) is 28...

I know we weren't mentioned at all but just going into defence mode - We were going for the youth route from the very start. ;D

Reason

RESET ALL LISTS TO HOW THEY WERE AT THE END OF THE WXV SEASON.

TRADING IS KILLING THE GAME!

INTRODUCE TRADE RESTRICTIONS.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: FisherSaints on October 08, 2012, 08:09:29 AM
After lots of discussion, Toronto and New Delhi have struck a deal.

Toronto trade: Sam Fisher + Angus Monfries + NAT pick 61
New Delhi trade: Jordan Murdoch

Reasoning: Murdoch played one year of footy, played very well and showed a lot of promise. Fisher has 3 years left in him and Monfries could either play well at Port or play terrible. I'm hoping that he will play well. The pick is just a bit extra

What is this for a trade? I see Monfries better than Murdoch and fisher and a pick are already on the better half.

ossie85

Quote from: Reason on October 08, 2012, 03:13:21 PM
RESET ALL LISTS TO HOW THEY WERE AT THE END OF THE WXV SEASON.

TRADING IS KILLING THE GAME!

INTRODUCE TRADE RESTRICTIONS.

what was that?

FisherSaints

Justin Bieber

Someone from the comp isn't happy so they logged in as guest to make that post...

Nails

Justin Bieber

Master Q

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 08, 2012, 05:25:24 AM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2012, 09:37:18 PM
Quote from: Master Q on October 07, 2012, 08:52:25 PM
Quote from: CrowsFan on October 07, 2012, 08:49:43 PM
Quote from: bomberboy0618 on October 07, 2012, 08:39:11 PM
All of you can stick it. I dealt with all the offers I RECEIVED. I can't predict your offers.
I think most people are more annoyed with tbag for saying he would pass on the offers and then never did ;)
And wouldn't you ask your assistant if he got any offers while you are away? If you don't, what is the point of appointing someone to manage your team?
Because he sent me a couple of offers which he thought was the best. Maybe yours wasn't good enough.
Your offer was discussed Q, we were trying to work out going purely youth or get a senior in!
Ummmm... I don't see how that has got to do with anything. Read my last few posts a few times, maybe that will help you understand the situation  ::)

---

I totally agree with Os and CF... People are rushing trades  ::)

Ringo

Agree that some coaches are rushing trades - But bear in mind some coaches have average teams and are looking for opportunities to improve teams as they arise.
CF for the record my trades are based on improving team first with team structure a close second so at this stage have not had any trades with Macca,
We still have 6 weeks of trading left before we need to finalise lists so a lot of trading can still happen.

Maca24

I've had numerous people not trade with me for the reason they don't want to improve my team :P

@nails - I think you are way off personally.