Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2012, 08:24:38 PM

Fair point Sid, My problem is I assume coaches won't give away there good players for nothing. So when I see someone is offering a young mid/fwd averaging 100 I assume I wouldn't be able to afford him. Though it might cost me Deledio or Dangerfield or McEvoy. None of which I'd be wiling to part with. I guess none of those up to the quality of Sam Gibson or Cam Wood though.  Clearly it was worth another pick to throw in also.

BOOM!

roo boys!

Quote from: Sid on September 30, 2012, 08:17:55 PM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2012, 08:15:21 PM

Would have offered a lot more also. Shop around.
He spent like a month collecting offers and this was the best one. :-X

I seriously can not see for the life of me how Gibson is equal to Zorko?

Haha love it Oss 8)

Nails

You can not be serious that Monfries is better than Gibson?

Monfries is worth less than bubblegum on my shoe.

tbagrocks

Quote from: Nails on September 30, 2012, 09:12:55 PM
You can not be serious that Monfries is better than Gibson?

Monfries is worth less than bubblegum on my shoe.
Probably why Port want him  :o

Maca24

Mexico Trades: Paul Chapman and Brent Harvey

Buenos Trades: Stewart Crameri and NDS #51 AND #52

Reason: I need to release a few more points for points cap, and this trade does that :) I am now in the clear.
Also like to freshen up my forward line, because I have like 11 playing forwards lol.

Justin Bieber

Was asked to delete some posts. Let's not slander people's trades such as what happened last night in Euro's thread (alot of posts deleted). If it's seen as unfair, it will get negged :).

CrowsFan

Quote from: ossie85 on September 30, 2012, 08:24:38 PM

Fair point Sid, My problem is I assume coaches won't give away there good players for nothing. So when I see someone is offering a young mid/fwd averaging 100 I assume I wouldn't be able to afford him. Though it might cost me Deledio or Dangerfield or McEvoy. None of which I'd be wiling to part with. I guess none of those up to the quality of Sam Gibson or Cam Wood though.  Clearly it was worth another pick to throw in also.

You can always give me Deledio os. You know what it would cost you ;)

Nails

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 30, 2012, 05:22:32 PM
Another trade goes through!

Armadillos Trade: Clay Smith, Justin Westhoff, Brad McKenzie + #34

Reindeers Trade: Steve Johnson + Jared Brennan

Reason: Stevie J is a big loss. Westhoff wasn't our first option ( ::) ), but is a solid enough forward who has more seasons left in him that Stevie J. He can score but needs to be on more... Brennan was an oldy we traded for, so ontrading him to get in some youth. Smith has a bright future with the Dogs (3 Dogs traded in this week :o), with McKenzie and #34 should be serving as solid youngsters. Certainly losing short term, and hopefully Steve Johnson continues to decline with entrance of some younger Cat players while Westhoff can lift if Port ever do :P.

Saying this, Luke Ball is on the trading Block :o.

Confirmed. Need some more talent up forward, and while we rate Clay Smith, Westhoff both very highly, unsure about McKenzie and we like our pick... we need the immediate future and Brennan will be great depth for us.

Nails

Quote from: Maca24 on September 30, 2012, 09:42:49 PM
Mexico Trades: Paul Chapman and Brent Harvey

Buenos Trades: Stewart Crameri and NDS #51 AND #52

Reason: I need to release a few more points for points cap, and this trade does that :) I am now in the clear.
Also like to freshen up my forward line, because I have like 11 playing forwards lol.

Confirmed, helps Maca get under the points cap, whilst we rate Crameri very highly and think he has the potential to average 95, we feel Boomer will be a help upon his return from suspension and Chapman is needed up forward and in the midfield

AFEV

After having this trade in the works some last minute drama almost saw it fall through. But here it is:

NYR Trades: Matthew de Boer + Ahmed Saad + Jackson Paine + Shane Savage

Pacific Trades: Jarryd Blair + #7

Menzel at F4 made me super nervous, now I don't have to rely on his knees holding up. Pick 7 also going to be extremely useful.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on September 30, 2012, 11:01:49 PM
After having this trade in the works some last minute drama almost saw it fall through. But here it is:

NYR Trades: Matthew de Boer + Ahmed Saad + Jackson Paine + Shane Savage

Pacific Trades: Jarryd Blair + #7

Menzel at F4 made me super nervous, now I don't have to rely on his knees holding up. Pick 7 also going to be extremely useful.

CONFIRMED

The Islanders were after some depth in the midfield and forward lines and this deal works for both teams. Glad it all worked out. :)

Holz

Maca trades: Shuan Burgoyne
Maca receives: Pick 13

Purple trades: Pick 13 + Jack Watts
Purple receives: Jack Grimes

Holz trades: Michael Barlow
Holz receives: Jack Watts + Jesse Stringer

Nails trades: Jack Grimes + Jesse Strigner
Nails Receives: Barlow + Burgoyne

Reason: While barlow is a gun and i can see him going 105+ next year I need backs and forwards. Watts should be F/B next year so he should help cover both lines. Stringer is abit of a risk but Im loading up on guys in the forward line as i don't want to play IZzzy ever again.

Maca24

Quote from: Holzman on September 30, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

Reason: While barlow is a gun and i can see him going 105+ next year I need backs and forwards. Watts should be F/B next year so he should help cover both lines. Stringer is abit of a risk but Im loading up on guys in the forward line as i don't want to play IZzzy ever again.
Confirmed: Despite Burgoyne still being 29 and a good defender for scoring, I have enough depth to cover his loss and will enjoy having another first round pick in the draft.

CrowsFan

Poor trade in my opinion Sid. Blair will be back averaging 60's or low 70's next season... :-X

Nails

Quote from: Holzman on September 30, 2012, 11:31:23 PM

Confirmed, whilst the coaching staff at Buenos Aires can see Grimes as a 100-105 average defender next year, we need the midfield depth and strength in Barlow. We feel Burgoyne can be sufficient cover in Grimes' absence and see Barlow as a potential 105 average.