Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

It has been a long...... long..... and again long time coming. Months since the first inquiry, but A DEAL HAS BEEN MADE! I feel like crying! lol

Berlin trades: Jeremy Howe, Sam Darley, Pick 10 and Pick 38

Pacific trades: Pick 45, Pick 60 and................. David Swallow!

Reasoning: I had a horrible midfield this year, and my major aim this trade period was to snare a couple of young guns. Obviously, David Swallow fits the bill and along with the acquisition of Jack Steven, it's all coming together. Jeremy Howe..... is a huge loss. But due to my recent acquired forwards, I could afford losing him.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 17, 2012, 12:48:57 PM
It has been a long...... long..... and again long time coming. Months since the first inquiry, but A DEAL HAS BEEN MADE! I feel like crying! lol

Berlin trades: Jeremy Howe, Sam Darley, Pick 10 and Pick 38

Pacific trades: Pick 45, Pick 60 and................. David Swallow!

Reasoning: I had a horrible midfield this year, and my major aim this trade period was to snare a couple of young guns. Obviously, David Swallow fits the bill and along with the acquisition of Jack Steven, it's all coming together. Jeremy Howe..... is a huge loss. But due to my recent acquired forwards, I could afford losing him.

This was the first trade negotiatation I had. After weeks of struggling, tweaking and compromising this is finally CONFIRMED.

Like P77 my defence and forward line struggled last year and I needed to find a way to bolster them.

David Swallow was touted as the most promising youngster the AFL had seen since the Superdraft. So far, its not hard to see that he is well on his way to becoming a super premium midfielder. Which is why it was so hard to let him go. Nonetheless, in return we gain a promising forward and developing defender along with picks. This deal works perfectly for both teams.

CrowsFan

So how many people have voted so far this week? :)

c4v3m4n

It's been a long time coming, but the Pacific Islanders playing list has finally been updated. ::)

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44821.msg892566.html#msg892566

We are looking for a talented defender along with some young depth players.

meow meow

Moscow have a supreme list at the moment, but there is still a chance to grab someone out of our reserves team if the offer is good enough.

Current reserves team:

B: Jordan Russell, Brodie Smith (don't bother), Steven Morris, Marty Clarke
C: Alex Sexton, Justin Sherman, Sam Kerridge, Paul Seedsman
R: Jordan Roughead
F: Michael Walters, Tory Dickson, Steven May, Ben Sinclair
I: Jason Blake, Tom Williams
E: Jackson Allen, Nathan Wilson, Mitch Brown, Tom Young, Richard Tambling, Caolan Mooney, #21, #30

c4v3m4n

Look, might as well test the waters out. Can't hurt.

Darren Jolly and Cameron Wood are available.

Would be looking for a playing ruckman in return.

PM me offers.

ossie85

Again waiting on one coach who shall remain nameless! But only the ONE trade failed, and will release full details and reasons later on in the week.

That was Trade 40 (Enright + Murdoch for Pick 14) which fell through

CrowsFan

Hooray they passed :)

I remember meow talking about all his players in relation to what they were taken in the draft, I can't find it now, but an interesting note about my squad. It contains 13 players taken in the first round of their draft, 9 of which were taken in the top 10 :D

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 11:42:06 AM

I remember meow talking about all his players in relation to what they were taken in the draft, I can't find it now, but an interesting note about my squad. It contains 13 players taken in the first round of their draft, 9 of which were taken in the top 10 :D

Some of the greatest players are found outside the top 10. ;)

James Hird, Dane Swan, Chris Grant, Daniel Cross, Cameron Mooney, Daniel Bradshaw, Simon Black, Ryan Hargrave, Sam Fisher, Ryan O'Keefe, Brent Harvey, Adam Goodes, Heath Scotland, Sam Mitchell, Leigh Montagna, Luke Ball.

All of them third round or later. :P

CrowsFan

Haha yes I know, but it's still nice to have plenty of top 10 players because they are meant to have potential ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 12:10:42 PM
Haha yes I know, but it's still nice to have plenty of top 10 players because they are meant to have potential ;)

lol

I just took a look at my list and over half of my team were NOT drafted in the national draft. :o :o

They were either drafted in the rookie draft, pre-season draft or were pre-listed, zone drafted, or received a scholarship.

Holz

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 18, 2012, 11:42:06 AM

I hope the potential finally kicks in with my team. My starting 4 forwards Clark (9), Hurley (5) Hansen (3) Day (3) better come good soon also have Tomlinson (9) on the bench along with first rounders Elton and Lamb.

Also have Boak (5) and Daisy (2).

Most of my team is early draft picks (inside the top 30) and we saw how much that helped me this year. 

Maca24

Couldn't tell you mine cas they are all from old drafts :P 2000-2005.

Goddard (#1), Bartel (#8), Hodge (#1), McLean (#5), Riewoldt (#2), Didak (#3).

CrowsFan

Well these are my first round picks...

2011 Draft
Buntine (#5)
Sumner (#10)
Adams (#13)
Smith (#14)

2010 Draft
Polec (#5)
Tape (#13)

2009 Draft
Sheppard (#7)

2008 Draft
Hill (#3)
Hartlett (#4)

2007 Draft
Masten (#3)

2004 Draft
Roughead (#2)

2003 Draft
Walker (#2)
Waters (#11)

Maca24

What I want to know is how Sandilands, Goodes, Lecras, Chapman and Mullet all escaped the Top 30 of their respective drafts.