Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Maca24 on September 11, 2012, 09:47:17 PM
Mexico trades: Terry Milera, Kyle Reimers and Tom Curran.

New Delhi trades: Brent Harvey and Daniel Merrett.

Reason: Trade needed to be revised, so I added Pick 40 in last years draft, Tom Curran.
Need short term help and Harvey only has a year left but will be good cover if injuries strike. Merrett will also be handy.

Ah, doesnt RB have Tom Curran? :-\

Maca24

Maca24

He does. My apologies  :P lololololol.
Don't know why I had him on my list.
I'll revise the trade yet again.

roo boys!

lol trying to steal my players ;)

Lucky it wasn't Pendles :o

Maca24

Mexico trades: Terry Milera, Jarrad Boumann and Kyle Reimers.
New Delhi trades: Brent Harvey and Daniel Merrett.

Reason: need age, Harvey has a year left but will still give me depth for 2013 after he serves his 6 game suspension.
I'm getting Harvey for a maximum of 12 games. Could well be less.
Milera a bit of a jet at 22yr old but worth getting rid of for the short term gain.

JBs-Hawks

Maca24

roo boys!

Trade reached between me and Holz :)

Toronto Trades: Nathan van Berlo + Bootsma + Pick 68
Dublin Trades: Nathan Grima

Reasoning: Holz was looking to get rid of Grima as he is too old for him and he shores up my defence. NVB was just a fringe player for me and while Bootsma looked promising he suits Holz's younger plan while Grima suits mine. The pick is just to even it out even more.

roo boys!

Also forgot to add that Grima is pivotal to my structure as it allows me to swing MJ forward if needed and also provides coverage in case Carrazzo is a mid only next year.

Holz

Quote from: roo boys! on September 12, 2012, 08:08:54 AM
Trade reached between me and Holz :)

Toronto Trades: Nathan van Berlo + Bootsma + Pick 68
Dublin Trades: Nathan Grima

Reasoning: Holz was looking to get rid of Grima as he is too old for him and he shores up my defence. NVB was just a fringe player for me and while Bootsma looked promising he suits Holz's younger plan while Grima suits mine. The pick is just to even it out even more.

accepted.

Reason: While grima is a top 15 back he is abit old for my squad, need my backline to be younger to fit in with my other lines. I was playing 65 average players in my utility spot so NVB well be in my starting 15 and i can see him averaging 85. I like bootsma, Carlton took him first pick and he got a few games when he was built like a rake, give him a few preseaons and he will be good, especially with cartons ageing defence.

ossie85

Seoul Magpies trade Harry O'Brien to the London Royals for Pick 28 and Shannon Byrnes

Reason - Hoping Byrnes can revitalise his career elsewhere and would like a higher draft pick. O'Brien has been serviceable, but I have a surplus of backmen that score similar.

Ringo

Quote from: ossie85 on September 13, 2012, 09:23:03 AM

Seoul Magpies trade Harry O'Brien to the London Royals for Pick 28 and Shannon Byrnes

Reason - Hoping Byrnes can revitalise his career elsewhere and would like a higher draft pick. O'Brien has been serviceable, but I have a surplus of backmen that score similar.

Accepted

Reaso We need a consistent defender who will play every game and Harry O fits the bill perfectly.  Sad to see Byrnes go but just need that defender.

meow meow

The Moscow Spetsnaz and the Berlin Brewers have made a trade.

Moscow trades Brandon Matera, Thomas Lynch (GC) and picks #33 and #69
Berlin trades picks #3, #30, #76 and Michael Walters

Reason: We wanted a pick inside the top 5, and had a surplus of forwards.

Purple 77

Quote from: meow meow on September 13, 2012, 05:08:32 PM

Confirmed
Reasoning: I had no plans to use my prized pick 3 for drafting, for I am not patient enough to wait for that draftee to develop, I already have enough young guys. Have always rated the Gold Coast pair, and at many times throughout the year I was struggling for forwards. Although they don't average well, unlike Talia I expect their averages to improve a fair bit within the next year or two, for Lynch maybe 3. Walters would have been nice to keep, but I gain two forwards for the price of one.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 13, 2012, 05:13:03 PM
Quote from: meow meow on September 13, 2012, 05:08:32 PM

Confirmed
Reasoning: I had no plans to use my prized pick 3 for drafting, for I am not patient enough to wait for that draftee to develop, I already have enough young guys. Have always rated the Gold Coast pair, and at many times throughout the year I was struggling for forwards. Although they don't average well, unlike Talia I expect their averages to improve a fair bit within the next year or two, for Lynch maybe 3. Walters would have been nice to keep, but I gain two forwards for the price of one.
I might move to Berlin, they have Lynch and Matera ;) :(