Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

QuoteMexico City domination of trade, receiving 4 extremely high quality players while loosing fringe-very good players only.

QuoteBuenos Aires' Shannon Hurn not adiquately compensated

Gaining 3 100+ ave players and 1 soon-to-be 100+ ave player? For players who have a combined 6-7 seasons left at best (Scotland, Boyd and Swan)

???

QuoteDamaging to the competition given Mexico City's already strong squad

Stupid flowering neg. Meant to be on the value of the trade, not the fact your team can't trade better than Maca's.

QuoteThough old, Heath Scotland was of only a few century averaging defenders

And has 0-1 seasons left, therefore essentially worthless. Now if I'm not allowed to trade him I lose a huge asset when he retires next season.

QuoteDublin and (to a lesser extent) Buenos Aires lose too much

Surprisingly it was actually Dublin who wanted that trade. Dublin were the ones that proposed it. Crammers is 95-100 ave fwd, Thompson is stuck as an 85ave back who is 2 years older than Crammers, was fair trade I thought.

QuoteValue of 2nd round Presason draft pick deemed to be not worth much

So while others neg'd saying Maca ripped me off, this person is insinuating I ripped Maca off?  :-\

c4v3m4n

Quote from: ossie85 on September 11, 2012, 11:40:58 AM
Also, for the 2 trades that have been rejected, please give time for those to make another deal! Open slather from Thursday I think.

Happy to see this introduced and I'm sure that coaches that were unlucky about vetoed trades would agree too. :)

And Nails, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like it, perhaps this game isn't right for you. :-X

ossie85

Quote from: Nails on September 11, 2012, 11:48:08 AM
QuoteDamaging to the competition given Mexico City's already strong squad

Stupid flowering neg. Meant to be on the value of the trade, not the fact your team can't trade better than Maca's.

Sorry Nails, the purpose of voting for trades is to keep the league in good shape. There is no other reason why we would vote.

QuoteThough old, Heath Scotland was of only a few century averaging defenders

And has 0-1 seasons left, therefore essentially worthless. Now if I'm not allowed to trade him I lose a huge asset when he retires next season.

Unfortunately Nails, you said he was worthless but yet you would lose a lot when he retired.... Can't be both.

QuoteDublin and (to a lesser extent) Buenos Aires lose too much

Surprisingly it was actually Dublin who wanted that trade. Dublin were the ones that proposed it. Crammers is 95-100 ave fwd, Thompson is stuck as an 85ave back who is 2 years older than Crammers, was fair trade I thought.

Crameri averaged 83 last year, and 78.50 this year. Thompson averaged 87 this year, and 84 last year.

CrowsFan

Just to interrupt the whinging I will announce a trade between myself and Moscow.

Pumas trade Josh Growden and receive pick 42.

Reasoning: Growden has heaps of potential, but I have plenty of forwards and mids so don't really have much use for him.

meow meow

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 11, 2012, 04:09:25 PM
Just to interrupt the whinging I will announce a trade between myself and Moscow.

Pumas trade Josh Growden and receive pick 42.

Reasoning: Growden has heaps of potential, but I have plenty of forwards and mids so don't really have much use for him.

Confirmed.

Growden has a left boot that is suited to SC and he's as good as any player who'll go in the 40's in our draft so we think that we're getting good value here, if he can recover from his broken leg properly.

Maca24

Damaging to the competition given mexicos dominance? Gah I'm starting to dislike this system. Terrible reasoning, punishing me for having a good team ::). And the Harvey trade is obviously only a slight average differential considering the age gap. I don't think it deserved rejecting. I can see why the trade with nails did, the Holz part was way unfair.

My Chumps

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 11, 2012, 11:56:28 AM
Quote from: ossie85 on September 11, 2012, 11:40:58 AM
Also, for the 2 trades that have been rejected, please give time for those to make another deal! Open slather from Thursday I think.

Happy to see this introduced and I'm sure that coaches that were unlucky about vetoed trades would agree too. :)

And Nails, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. If you don't like it, perhaps this game isn't right for you. :-X

This!  8)

Nails

QuoteUnfortunately Nails, you said he was worthless but yet you would lose a lot when he retired.... Can't be both.

Yes... it makes sense.

He's worthless as an asset for trades, but decent whilst at the club. Therefore he shouldn't be traded for much because he's not worth much, but when he does retire it's a big loss for whoever owns him.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: ossie85 on September 10, 2012, 09:23:46 PM
Quote from: Boomz on September 10, 2012, 09:18:18 PM
Yeah don't see it being a problem. Also ossie did you enjoy a certain coaches very long PM? :P Was writing it for like 2 hours when I was on the chat last night :-X

Which one is that sorry Boomz? Had a few walls of text!

Only one coach left to vote (Hellopplz) so won't release details just yet cos he still needs to vote.... But his vote won't make a difference...

2 trades rejected.

25/27 ain't bad.
Sent as wasn't on yesterday and I no longer receive emails for PMs I get on FF for some reason so don't know if I've gotten any unless I log in (have been busy) -_-.

I may be harsher after this first week :-X.

CrowsFan

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 11, 2012, 05:47:56 PM
Sent as wasn't on yesterday and I no longer receive emails for PMs I get on FF for some reason so don't know if I've gotten any unless I log in (have been busy) -_-.
Have you changed your preferences? Go to profile --> modify profile --> personal messaging and check whether it says never or always for "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message" :)

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 11, 2012, 06:03:14 PM
Have you changed your preferences? Go to profile --> modify profile --> personal messaging and check whether it says never or always for "Notify by email every time you receive a personal message" :)
It's always had that option clicked, well for past 2 and a bit years. Checked back like 2-3 weeks ago when I didn't get email notifications and logged on to see 5+ PMs and it was still selected so I'm assuming it's a bug ???.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Hellopplz on September 11, 2012, 06:09:10 PM
It's always had that option clicked, well for past 2 and a bit years. Checked back like 2-3 weeks ago when I didn't get email notifications and logged on to see 5+ PMs and it was still selected so I'm assuming it's a bug ???.

Something similar happened to me, except it was the option of sending a copy of my sent mail to my outbox. ???

Wondering if had something to do with the layout change.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: c4v3m4n on September 11, 2012, 06:11:21 PM
Quote from: Hellopplz on September 11, 2012, 06:09:10 PM
Something similar happened to me, except it was the option of sending a copy of my sent mail to my outbox. ???

Wondering if had something to do with the layout change.
I get my sent messages saved as well, just incase I need to refer to them later.

It may because of the layout changes, but only started occuring past few weeks but guess it means I'll have to come on more often to check my PMs :).

DazBurg

Quote from: ossie85 on September 11, 2012, 09:29:30 AM
Quote from: DazBurg on September 11, 2012, 09:23:54 AM
question
i know HP hasn't voted but if his votes won't make a difference is it all that important?

Seems unfair for everybody else to express sometimes difficult opinions, plus if he doesn't it gives people incentive to leave voting until the last minute.
yeah fair enough ;)

roo boys!