Re: WXV Trade Confirmation Thread & Final Draft Order

Started by Purple 77, September 02, 2012, 09:11:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AFEV

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2012, 07:19:33 AM

Yeah, reasoning does make it more interested, happy with that.

I think you've convinced me CF, happy to abolish the 'poaching' rule... what do others think?

And wow, big trade guys!
Absolutely, don't think you should be able to offer on players involved in trades pending approval. That would get messy fast and could lead to a lot of conflict. Don't need it either, if you think you can get a better offer go and get it before you accept another trade :)

MajorLazer

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2012, 07:28:27 AM

Yeah, sorry guys, screwed up the order was looking at a different ladder lol.

Should be fixed now
Cheers for that Os. Was really confused. :P

Ringo

Agree on the no poaching rule to Oss.  Could get messy and ugly with coaches coming in with better offers.  Does not happen in the AFL trade room and should not happen here.

On the subject of trades:
The London Royals will trade Bob Murphy to Moscow in exchange for Johnathan Brown.  Will be a virtual like for like trade as the Royals neeed some forward power.

As the Moscow coach states  Bob Murphy and Brown are just about the same age, average roughly the same (take out Brown's round three score of 9 and they're almost exactly the same) and I reckon Brown has 3 years left in him, while Murphy would be looking at 1-2 years to go.

CrowsFan

Cool I'm glad to see others agree, didn't want to make it sound like I was trying to run this place after also making comments about the draft picks/delisting... :-X

Anyway I've to 2 trades to announce :D

Trade 1 - Pumas and Wolves

Pumas Give: Sam Fisher and pick 53

Pumas Receive: Taylor Adams and pick 32

Reasoning: Was looking to cash in on Fisher whilst he still had a bit of value in him, and with my assumption that Hartlett will be a defender next season he wasn't vital to my plans. Picked up a promising midfielder as a result :)

Trade 2 - Pumas and Tigers

Pumas Give: Daniel Cross

Pumas Receive: Matthew Buntine and Jared Polec

Reasoning: Same as Fisher was cashing in on Cross's value as a high scoring mid. My younger mids are developing nicely and so thought Cross wouldn't be as important next year as he was this year. Picked up 2 players with a lot of potential, but haven't shown the high scoring ability just yet.

Now for RB and FS to confirm :)

Purple 77

This trade will be the first of many for the Berlin Brewers, as they look for a serious revamp of their list:

The Berlin Brewers trade:

Brent Moloney

The Mexico City Suns trade:

Daniel Talia

Reasoning: If my trades plans go to plan, Moloney's services are no longer required, and there are some much needed defense support in which I think Talia, given time, will eventually provide. Talia is not the best SC scorer, but neither was Moloney in 2012

Maca24

Quote from: Purple 77 on September 03, 2012, 01:04:10 PM
This trade will be the first of many for the Berlin Brewers, as they look for a serious revamp of their list:

The Berlin Brewers trade:

Brent Moloney

The Mexico City Suns trade:

Daniel Talia

Reasoning: If my trades plans go to plan, Moloney's services are no longer required, and there are some much needed defense support in which I think Talia, given time, will eventually provide. Talia is not the best SC scorer, but neither was Moloney in 2012
Confirmed: Taking a risk on Moloney hoping he will get some of his 2011 form back. Talia has no immediate value to me due to my old list so I was happy to give him up despite his ability to have a "breakout" year. :)

Maca24

Trade 2:

Mexico Give: Terry Milera and Kyle Reimers.

New Delhi Give: Daniel Merrett and Brent Harvey.

Reasoning: Need some short term scorers despite Boomer having most likely 1 year left. Willing to give up the 23 year olds as I'm not looking to the future.

ossie85

Seoul Trades Ryan Griffen to Cairo for Josh J Kennedy

With Deledio and Dangerfield likely to lose MPP status, I need decent forwards, and have thousands of good midfielders. I feel if JJK revisits his 2011 form after injury, he'll be very handy. Yes, Griffen averages considerably more, but I need a forward, Cairo needs a midfielder.

Will wait for MajorLazer to confirm

c4v3m4n

Busy first day! Looks like there will be plenty to vote on at the end of the week. :o

Holz

Big Trade Here

Destroyers Trade: Mumford + Ward + Malceski

Sands Trade: Goldstein + Redden + Tomlinson

Reason: Goldy is 2 years younger and I believe he is the better ruck, was also worried about mummy and his durability, will be looking to on trade clarke or longer and for than i need a young solid ruck. Im a big fan of redden and feel its a slight upgrade on ward. Eski scores really well but I need forwards and Tomlinson injects so more youth into the squad.

meow meow

Quote from: Ringo on September 03, 2012, 09:29:29 AM

On the subject of trades:
The London Royals will trade Bob Murphy to Moscow in exchange for Johnathan Brown.  Will be a virtual like for like trade as the Royals neeed some forward power.

As the Moscow coach states  Bob Murphy and Brown are just about the same age, average roughly the same (take out Brown's round three score of 9 and they're almost exactly the same) and I reckon Brown has 3 years left in him, while Murphy would be looking at 1-2 years to go.

WHAT!? Ringo just made all this up.

Just kidding. I accept.

CrowsFan

Made another trade, this time with The Islanders...

Pumas Give: Jarryd Blair and pick 71

Pumas Receive: Andrew Walker and pick 26

Reasoning: Felt like cashing in on Blair for a better draft pick really.

FisherSaints

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 03, 2012, 11:04:32 AM
Cool I'm glad to see others agree, didn't want to make it sound like I was trying to run this place after also making comments about the draft picks/delisting... :-X

Anyway I've to 2 trades to announce :D

Trade 1 - Pumas and Wolves

Pumas Give: Sam Fisher and pick 53

Pumas Receive: Taylor Adams and pick 32

Reasoning: Was looking to cash in on Fisher whilst he still had a bit of value in him, and with my assumption that Hartlett will be a defender next season he wasn't vital to my plans. Picked up a promising midfielder as a result :)

Trade 2 - Pumas and Tigers

Pumas Give: Daniel Cross

Pumas Receive: Matthew Buntine and Jared Polec

Reasoning: Same as Fisher was cashing in on Cross's value as a high scoring mid. My younger mids are developing nicely and so thought Cross wouldn't be as important next year as he was this year. Picked up 2 players with a lot of potential, but haven't shown the high scoring ability just yet.

Now for RB and FS to confirm :)
Confirmed, I meed a gun midfielder and Cross is just the player. He will be great for the team
Quote from: Maca24 on September 03, 2012, 01:19:08 PM
Trade 2:

Mexico Give: Terry Milera and Kyle Reimers.

New Delhi Give: Daniel Merrett and Brent Harvey.

Reasoning: Need some short term scorers despite Boomer having most likely 1 year left. Willing to give up the 23 year olds as I'm not looking to the future.
I team is full of old players so I need some younger yet mature players

MajorLazer

Quote from: ossie85 on September 03, 2012, 02:25:08 PM

Seoul Trades Ryan Griffen to Cairo for Josh J Kennedy

With Deledio and Dangerfield likely to lose MPP status, I need decent forwards, and have thousands of good midfielders. I feel if JJK revisits his 2011 form after injury, he'll be very handy. Yes, Griffen averages considerably more, but I need a forward, Cairo needs a midfielder.

Will wait for MajorLazer to confirm
Confirmed. Really need a gun midfielder as we were lacking that class through the middle last season.

Quote from: Holzman on September 03, 2012, 03:15:02 PM
Big Trade Here

Destroyers Trade: Mumford + Ward + Malceski

Sands Trade: Goldstein + Redden + Tomlinson

Reason: Goldy is 2 years younger and I believe he is the better ruck, was also worried about mummy and his durability, will be looking to on trade clarke or longer and for than i need a young solid ruck. Im a big fan of redden and feel its a slight upgrade on ward. Eski scores really well but I need forwards and Tomlinson injects so more youth into the squad.
Confirmed. The first two guys are very similar in potential and ability and Malceski gives the team some much needed backline depth.

c4v3m4n

Quote from: CrowsFan on September 03, 2012, 04:59:19 PM
Made another trade, this time with The Islanders...

Pumas Give: Jarryd Blair and pick 71

Pumas Receive: Andrew Walker and pick 26

Reasoning: Felt like cashing in on Blair for a better draft pick really.

CONFIRMED

Reasoning

Needed more youthful midfielder/foward type players and Blair is a welcome addition to the team. Happy to give up Andrew Walker and a second round in order to get him. Blair is said that he hopes to be part of the Islanders for many years to come.