Rejuvenate British XVs Ideas...

Started by Nails, October 11, 2012, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Phasir

Quote from: Nails on October 14, 2012, 01:24:44 AM
I could do it, wouldn't mind doing it, probably have more time than nearly anyone who could do it...

but if these other three blokes are keen who seem more than capable, who am I to get in the way of their dreams?
would have to support Nails in this one, he pretty much lives on FF & is addicted to his FFahol.. so its pretty obvious that the BXVs would benefit from having him involved due simply to bringing back the activity.  I'd put my own hand up to help run the comp. but I don't know enough about the scoring system to contribute enough IMO

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 13, 2012, 07:43:14 PM
bump - just updating the list of candidates, no new takers..... come on it isn't that much work "shifty eyes"   ;D

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 13, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
so i think the following are genuine nominees for co-administrator: so far correct me if I am wrong?

1. Spinking
2. Tbagrocks
3. Tabs

and those that may be handing the team back:

1. Whatlez ( just a suggestion at this stage not officially walking away... yet? )

* I think don't confuse the issue at the moment with thinking about trade approval process, lets just elect us a co-administrator THEN we can or HE can work out the trade situation, way forward....

** Also I just re-read the whole thread and it was Nails as well as Ringo suggesting getting in a co-administrator, I credited that idea to Ringo, just to correct myself I should have credited Nails AND Ringo :) great idea in my opinion guys.

Ringo

I am proposing we give MTTY a final chance to respond as it his comp.  If he has not responded by midnight tomorrow then we will put to the vote. Nails to confirm before then as well.

We can not afford for this comp to continue to languish and stall,

Capper

Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2012, 10:40:20 AM
I am proposing we give MTTY a final chance to respond as it his comp.  If he has not responded by midnight tomorrow then we will put to the vote. Nails to confirm before then as well.

sounds good. Since my name is up there for the vote i will not be voting for the co-admin

Phasir

agree about letting MTTY have one more chance.. it'd be a shame to take the whole comp out of his hands if he's back within a few days.. also, Nails isn't gunning for the job anymore from my knowledge

Torpedo10

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 14, 2012, 09:51:12 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 14, 2012, 09:35:07 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 14, 2012, 09:17:38 PM
Another key thing the co-admin would have to work on is the trading period & trade allowance. I think it should be similar to WXV ( Very high limit or none at all).
I tihnk that we have to keep the same rules we have already been using for this trade period, and then we can look at possibly changing it for next season.

I agree with the trade rules not changing, they can't anyway half way through the period?

And torps how can you honestly rationally suggest copying Worlds?

That is a bit of a mess at the moment due to the trade rules, You can basically just keep on trading forever until you have a league that is so imbalanced, well people get upset....

Each to his own and no doubt the clever people in worlds will work it out, but i wouldn't be recommending copying those trade rules, not without talking to the guys there about the issues they have anyway.
I guess but 5 changes is a bit smaller than euros or worlds.

Spinking

Yeah Id agree this is the right thing to do. Give him a couple of days then put it to a vote.

Any chance anybody knows him in person or on FB?

Ringo

Quote from: Spinking on October 15, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

Yeah Id agree this is the right thing to do. Give him a couple of days then put it to a vote.

Any chance anybody knows him in person or on FB?
Have PM'd him a couple of times but that is all the only contact I have with him. No response though

monstrum

MTTY: Last Active: 10 October 2012, 15:42:05

Torpedo10

Quote from: monstrum on October 15, 2012, 07:56:26 PM
::) ::) ::) Just give the admin to someone else and pass all pending trades.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 15, 2012, 08:39:17 PM
Quote from: monstrum on October 15, 2012, 07:56:26 PM
::) ::) ::) Just give the admin to someone else and pass all pending trades.

I believe Ringo will PM the details to everyone regarding the vote the applicants, the deadline to vote.... The applicants can't vote makes sense and when Ringo's deadline is up he will count all the votes sent into him by PM and he can announce our new co-administrator.

Then the co-administrator can get into the job, Ringo or I or the co-administrator will need to ask our remaining "real mod" to make the new co-administrator a BXVS Mod so he can take over all the threads and get things cracking.

As for the trades proposed I have approval for 4 or 5 of them that I had sent to the committee and the committee passed I will forward that PM from the committee members to the new co-administrator once he is appointed and he can pass at least those trades, and any new ones he can get to the committee.

Committee was excellent in responding to and processing trades IMO. No issues there I had answers from a majority of them within hours.

One was Os - so may need to add a new committee member at  least for now not sure, co-administrator will be in charge

not me :)

GET READY TO VOTE !!!

Justin Bieber

Tbh that committee idea was stupid ::)

Spinking

I reckon it's now time to push ahead with a vote. Don't mind who ends up taking the reins, but need to get it happening, as this comp will quickly fall behind. MTTY can take back over when he gets back, but someone needs to be leading the way now.

Reckon we should be aiming for an announcement by Friday, clearing of trade backlog and appointment of new coaches by the end of the weekend, and a fresh start for the comp next week.

Lets get the BXV flying lads!

picker_man

I just voted Spink. Ringo PM'd everyone this arvo :) and deadline is this Friday ;)

Spinking

Quote from: picker_man on October 17, 2012, 07:59:32 PM
I just voted Spink. Ringo PM'd everyone this arvo :) and deadline is this Friday ;)

Super. Ringo's the man!