Rejuvenate British XVs Ideas...

Started by Nails, October 11, 2012, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nails

I could do it, wouldn't mind doing it, probably have more time than nearly anyone who could do it...

but if these other three blokes are keen who seem more than capable, who am I to get in the way of their dreams?

tor01doc

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2012, 11:06:51 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 12, 2012, 11:00:40 PM
Quote from: tbagrocks on October 12, 2012, 09:38:49 PM
I'll just say this, I have been online on ave more than any other ff member since April, I can run the league and will do all that is required to make British a top competiton, vote me in as an administrator I shall not disapoint!

Got proof? I've probably been on more than you have ;o
Nice Nails 100 days since Janurary 2011, well I'm going 50 days since April 2012 so I got you covered buddy ;D soon, very soon I will be an FF legend, try and stop me :P

Hey Dir (tbag)

Next time I need my horn 'tooting' lesson I will be calling upon your expertise!

Talk about the pot calling the kettle....

Ha!   :P

tbagrocks

Meh, ain't really got anything elso to do so may as well "toot" ;D toot toot toot woooooo wwwwwwwoooooooooooooh

BB67th

Should we set a date by which applicants must apply and then all the coaches can vote?

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on October 14, 2012, 11:21:26 AM
Should we set a date by which applicants must apply and then all the coaches can vote?

probably should, still think there are quite a few who haven't come here to comment or acknowledge they got PM and know what is going on, but the longer it is put off the worse the situation becomes.

So I'm all for a deadline a vote and an appointment and a "restart" ASAP .

picker_man

Im now up to date and i agree, Good idea :)

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 14, 2012, 03:16:05 PM
Quote from: BB67th on October 14, 2012, 11:21:26 AM

probably should, still think there are quite a few who haven't come here to comment or acknowledge they got PM and know what is going on, but the longer it is put off the worse the situation becomes.

So I'm all for a deadline a vote and an appointment and a "restart" ASAP .

Should just have the vote asap, pretty sure we all know who will win.

Colliwobblers

I haven't counted how many of us are around but happy to go with the crowd and if a vote now is the general consensus pick someone to pm everyone's votes to or post them here? Maybe easier to do it by pm for annominaty (yeah that's spelt wrong I'm walking home from the pub and on a phone so) yeah

Torpedo10

Another key thing the co-admin would have to work on is the trading period & trade allowance. I think it should be similar to WXV ( Very high limit or none at all).

BB67th

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 14, 2012, 09:17:38 PM
Another key thing the co-admin would have to work on is the trading period & trade allowance. I think it should be similar to WXV ( Very high limit or none at all).
I tihnk that we have to keep the same rules we have already been using for this trade period, and then we can look at possibly changing it for next season.

Colliwobblers

Quote from: BB67th on October 14, 2012, 09:35:07 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 14, 2012, 09:17:38 PM
I tihnk that we have to keep the same rules we have already been using for this trade period, and then we can look at possibly changing it for next season.

I agree with the trade rules not changing, they can't anyway half way through the period?

And torps how can you honestly rationally suggest copying Worlds?

That is a bit of a mess at the moment due to the trade rules, You can basically just keep on trading forever until you have a league that is so imbalanced, well people get upset....

Each to his own and no doubt the clever people in worlds will work it out, but i wouldn't be recommending copying those trade rules, not without talking to the guys there about the issues they have anyway.

Spinking

Personally like the Euro trade rules the best. 15 movements might even be a bit high, but they drafted their teams 12 months ago, where our were only a couple of months. I think maybe 10 is right because you can do a rebuild or a beef up, but can't totally reinvent your team.

Having said that, I agree the rule should stand until next season.

Holz

Quote from: Spinking on October 14, 2012, 09:59:36 PM
Personally like the Euro trade rules the best. 15 movements might even be a bit high, but they drafted their teams 12 months ago, where our were only a couple of months. I think maybe 10 is right because you can do a rebuild or a beef up, but can't totally reinvent your team.

15 is too high, its going down to 10 next year.

Spinking

Quote from: Holzman on October 14, 2012, 10:00:33 PM
Quote from: Spinking on October 14, 2012, 09:59:36 PM

15 is too high, its going down to 10 next year.

Good stuff. Mind you I've taken advantage of every one of those 15 trades :D

Colliwobblers

Yeah, I guess it is a combination of the number of list movements and the type of trades allowed.

You want trades to be able to be a little uneven, after all someone wins a trade in real life might as well here too. But also the different teams have different needs and priorities...

problem is if you let people make unlimited slightly uneven trades, things can get really really uneven and before you know it, trouble.