Rejuvenate British XVs Ideas...

Started by Nails, October 11, 2012, 10:01:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colliwobblers

Quote from: roo boys! on October 13, 2012, 03:36:04 PM
Would this mean the BXV voting board/panel/committee is no longer needed?

I think changing the rules mid trade period is a bit of a risk, but I don't mind if it is either decided to change to administrator only, or remain by committee.

As I said earlier, when i sent a PM to the committee members with a list of trades they had answered me by majority within hours.

I would say the committee was not the problem and funtioned perfectly, not to say everyone liked the decisions we did get....

but thats a different matter.

I'm easy can stay committee or if new co-administrator decided to put it to a vote thats fine also.

BUT if we change it the trades already processed FOR and AGAINST, will need to be re-evaluated which is the problem with changing the system mid trade period.

Ringo

I concur with Colli here for this trade period we will have to accept what was in place at the beginning.  In this case the trades committee will be verifying trades. 

We can not change the rules now as all trades will have to be re-evaluated for consistency.  I am happy for the rules committee to continue as I do not see that as the real problem. The problem is getting results piblished and this is where the Admin come in.

Justin Bieber

Hey tbag you want to co-coach my team? Lol

JBs-Hawks

Why are you giving away the only team you drafted whatlez?  :P

Holz

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 13, 2012, 06:35:40 PM

he drafted the Asian team too.

Spite

So who will make up the rules for the national and pre season draft? There aren't really set rules in place I believe eg What happens if you pass in national draft, are mini draft players allowed to be taken in the national draft, are all players available in rookie draft from the pool that were not selected initially etc

JBs-Hawks

Quote from: Holzman on October 13, 2012, 06:46:33 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on October 13, 2012, 06:35:40 PM

he drafted the Asian team too.

Nah you drafted that :P

Torpedo10

Quote from: Spite on October 13, 2012, 07:03:28 PM
So who will make up the rules for the national and pre season draft? There aren't really set rules in place I believe eg What happens if you pass in national draft, are mini draft players allowed to be taken in the national draft, are all players available in rookie draft from the pool that were not selected initially etc
The Co-admin will do that I assume.

Colliwobblers

bump - just updating the list of candidates, no new takers..... come on it isn't that much work "shifty eyes"   ;D

Quote from: Colliwobblers on October 13, 2012, 12:57:32 AM
so i think the following are genuine nominees for co-administrator: so far correct me if I am wrong?

1. Spinking
2. Tbagrocks
3. Tabs

and those that may be handing the team back:

1. Whatlez ( just a suggestion at this stage not officially walking away... yet? )

* I think don't confuse the issue at the moment with thinking about trade approval process, lets just elect us a co-administrator THEN we can or HE can work out the trade situation, way forward....

** Also I just re-read the whole thread and it was Nails as well as Ringo suggesting getting in a co-administrator, I credited that idea to Ringo, just to correct myself I should have credited Nails AND Ringo :) great idea in my opinion guys.

Spinking

Just a quick spiel as to why I'm keen to take on the role, and what I can offer.

All the coaches voting will know me, and know how active I am. I am probably not on as often as TBR but I believe my time on here is good quality. I always attempt to be impartial, friendly, helpful and respectful while on the forum. These days I work from home a lot, so can spend a lot of time checking in. I have, at one time or another, asked most of the XV leaders if I can provide any assistance to help with their league, as I enjoy these comps a lot and want to do everything I can to make them work well.

In regards to actions I'd take with the league, I'd suggest we take a week to bed down any new teams, and sort out the rules in relation to drafting and trades. I agree with Ringo / Colli etc who suggest that we shouldn't change the trade model, mid way through the trade period. Instead, I'd quickly clear the backlog and work with the committee to ensure that process works well. I think our information threads need to be improved, and this would also happen immediately. This way we can get everything going in the right direction quickly and clearly.

Cheers

Holz

No disrespect to the other candidates but for what its worth im putting my full support for Spinking. The amount of work he does behind the scenes is amazing he came into the euro and in just a few days had his team set up better than anyone else in the comp. Is exactly what we need and I know with Spinking and MTTY in charge the British will be right up their in the 15s comps.

tbagrocks

Quote from: whatlez on October 13, 2012, 05:05:16 PM
Can't tell if trolling :-\ haha, yeah I would do it!

Colliwobblers

Quote from: Holzman on October 13, 2012, 10:04:56 PM
No disrespect to the other candidates but for what its worth im putting my full support for Spinking. The amount of work he does behind the scenes is amazing he came into the euro and in just a few days had his team set up better than anyone else in the comp. Is exactly what we need and I know with Spinking and MTTY in charge the British will be right up their in the 15s comps.

I know spinking really wants it.

I know Spinking is very capable no question he would do a great job.

I ALSO know Tabs has put his hand up and has shown how organized and great he is in other competitions I am involved in he has setup and run. Also think he runs good XVs teams.

I ALSO know tbag has to be the single most active person on the site these days and seems to love his XVs, his thread for AXVs shows he isn't just hanging around do nothing either he does the work.

3 Solid candidates, I get one vote Holz gets one vote. MTTY is MIA, leaves a lot of other coaches still to have a vote.

Guess we give it a little longer to get some contact from the other coaches in the BXVs and see if any more nominate and then can put it to a vote?

shows how inactive the BXVs has become that so few have come here to comment since all were messaged, no ones fault, but  I guess we have to try round everyone up before we can rush in and finalize candidates and vote....

still my point was I like the candidates we have so far. :)

Justin Bieber

I thought Spink was handing his team down??

Quote from: tbagrocks on October 13, 2012, 10:07:10 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 13, 2012, 05:05:16 PM
Can't tell if trolling :-\ haha, yeah I would do it!

Yeah if you want haha

Spinking

Quote from: whatlez on October 13, 2012, 10:45:31 PM
I thought Spink was handing his team down

Recommitted. Offered it up to give an opportunity to others, but for now it's more important to me to have a strong team and strong comp.