Main Menu

Course of Action

Started by Purple 77, October 11, 2012, 05:59:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple 77

Wow, what a past 24 hours........

Right, straight to the point, things have been heated at recent times and there have been consequences..... Ossie is now gone indefinitely.

The following is my opinion, and not necessarily happening, I am not trying to take control of everything.

The trades that have been posted this week will be put to vote and that will be sorted out soon after. From there, no more trades will be taking place, or any other major WXV activity until Monday 22nd of October.

This weekend, with the knowledge Ossie is definitely not coming back to coach, a thread will be made for those interested in the Seoul Magpie coaching position. For the moment, the search for the new (if that is the case) coach of the Moscow Spetsnaz will not begin until the 22nd of October. Meaning meow meow is being given a highly generous time slot to come back if he wants to, he has left twice now.

Again, this is just my opinion, and not necessarily happening.

So now I am after the general consensus......

DazBurg

sounds good P77
though like i said in the other thread if oss comes back soonish if he is adamant he does not want to coach i would love him to be able to possibly pick a few he wouldn't mind taking over and then the rest of coaches vote from there

i mean it is his team and he did start the whole comp i think he deserves the right

AFEV

Absolutely agree that we need to just freeze trading for a while and sort out the situation with who will be coaching these clubs.

All sounds good Purp.

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on October 11, 2012, 06:01:59 PM
sounds good P77
though like i said in the other thread if oss comes back soonish if he is adamant he does not want to coach i would love him to be able to possibly pick a few he wouldn't mind taking over and then the rest of coaches vote from there

i mean it is his team and he did start the whole comp i think he deserves the right

Generally, I would agree. But I have been told by him on a number of occasions, through facebook and over the phone, he does not want to be a coach. Last night he told me he would still be the stats man on the WXV's, and I am certain he will come back and be just that.

Maca24

Agree with all of this Purple, well handled :)

My only suggestion is make it the 29th of October even. The break might do us all wonders, plus everything is still up in the air and may need more time to be sorted out?

Purple 77

Quote from: Maca24 on October 11, 2012, 06:07:07 PM
Agree with all of this Purple, well handled :)

My only suggestion is make it the 29th of October even. The break might do us all wonders, plus everything is still up in the air and may need more time to be sorted out?

Definitely flexible on the time, would be nice to have a good break

roo boys!

Sounds good Purps. :)

I don't mind whether it's the 22nd or the 29th or whatever it ends up being, it's still very early in the off-season so no rush for anything.

Nails

I don't want trading to freeze  :-\ I still have a lot of trading to do. Don't see why trading should freeze tbh. I need a number of trades to make to make my team competitive enough imo and a frozen period only hurts my team.

Torpedo10

Meow on the chat right now.

AFEV

Quote from: Nails on October 11, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
I don't want trading to freeze  :-\ I still have a lot of trading to do. Don't see why trading should freeze tbh. I need a number of trades to make to make my team competitive enough imo and a frozen period only hurts my team.
There is still going to be a lot of time left...It's October.

Maca24

Quote from: Sid on October 11, 2012, 06:45:52 PM
Quote from: Nails on October 11, 2012, 06:41:14 PM
There is still going to be a lot of time left...It's October.
Just be patient Nails. You will have all of November and most of December, plus the period after that :)

DazBurg

Quote from: Purple 77 on October 11, 2012, 06:05:37 PM
sounds good P77

Generally, I would agree. But I have been told by him on a number of occasions, through facebook and over the phone, he does not want to be a coach. Last night he told me he would still be the stats man on the WXV's, and I am certain he will come back and be just that.
then how about would he like to have a decent say in who he thinks should take over then?

Ringo

Thanks Purple again for the update = Just home from work and catching up on the last few hours since lunch time.
Agree with the Freeze even if we go to 29th October we will still have 6 weeks of trading and given the amount of trading already done in 3 weeks should be no problems.

Like you and as I said in my PM's do not want to take over but just need to quieten things down for a while.

So if you are after agreement from me my recommendations are:

Commence the thread for interested Coaches to apply can discuss time frames but with proposed freeze now will allow plenty of time.
Freeze all trading from 15th October to 29th October.  This will allow those still negotiating trades this week to complete.
Allow Meow till 22nd October to re-enter if he desires.

Will go with consensus however and do not want to influence one way or the other. 

Purple 77

Quote from: DazBurg on October 11, 2012, 07:08:57 PM
Quote from: Purple 77 on October 11, 2012, 06:05:37 PM
sounds good P77

then how about would he like to have a decent say in who he thinks should take over then?

Hmm, will ask him when I get the chance

Quote from: Ringo on October 11, 2012, 07:53:45 PM
Thanks Purple again for the update = Just home from work and catching up on the last few hours since lunch time.
Agree with the Freeze even if we go to 29th October we will still have 6 weeks of trading and given the amount of trading already done in 3 weeks should be no problems.

Like you and as I said in my PM's do not want to take over but just need to quieten things down for a while.

So if you are after agreement from me my recommendations are:

Commence the thread for interested Coaches to apply can discuss time frames but with proposed freeze now will allow plenty of time.
Freeze all trading from 15th October to 29th October.  This will allow those still negotiating trades this week to complete.
Allow Meow till 22nd October to re-enter if he desires.

Will go with consensus however and do not want to influence one way or the other. 

Yeah actually, I agree on the trade week thing too. May as well finish the week off, I bet there were a few trades that were almost negotiated anyway. And I think the 22nd is should be the deadline for meow as well.

Any disagreements?

Nails

What's the main reasoning of blocking trades anyway? Trades can still be run...