ossie85 Has Deleted His Account!!!

Started by Torpedo10, October 11, 2012, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elephants

Welcome back Oss :)

I was going to stick my hand up for a WXV team but Nails' rant has scared me. (everything he said is 100% right though)

Instead, I will volunteer for an assistants role somewhere!

Anyone that wants me, shoot me a PM and we can talk :)

K, thanks :)

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2012, 05:52:47 PM

I was going to stick my hand up for a WXV team but Nails' rant has scared me. (everything he said is 100% right though)

What rant?

Maca24

Good to have you back Ossie :)

Maybe a trade cap would be a good idea next pre-season? 15 trades or something.

Justin Bieber

When you guys say cap. Do you mean total trades or total list changes? Huge differences.

My Chumps

I would like a rule that says you can't trade out your club champion of that year either...

But just suggestions.

Good to have you back Oss, I think we were all pretty scared there for a while  :-[

Justin Bieber

Quote from: My Chumps on October 15, 2012, 06:20:45 PM
I would like a rule that says you can't trade out your club champion of that year either...

But just suggestions.

Good to have you back Oss, I think we were all pretty scared there for a while  :-[
Michael Rischitelli?

My Chumps

Quote from: whatlez on October 15, 2012, 06:23:34 PM
Quote from: My Chumps on October 15, 2012, 06:20:45 PM

But just suggestions.

Michael Rischitelli?
Valid point, but a one off case... It would help with Ossie's (and my) opinion of wanting more one-club-players...

I have pretty clear intentions to make JPK, Cotchin and Selwood one club players (if you only count clubs that they've played a game for that is)... Just ask Holz about my want to keep Cotchin; he's been trying this whole trade period  :P

Justin Bieber

Well if you want to be technical, Cotchin was initially at another club ;D and you got in an absolute steal of a trade...

Nails

Welcome Back Oss, good to have you back :)

QuoteMy original idea for this game (and nobody was obliged to follow this) was to hold onto your players for years, seeing them develop into one-club players, so that one player would be synonimous with the club.

Whilst I like that idea in theory... It'd result in a lot of clubs having to accept mediocrity and never challenge for a grand final IMO. Resulting in it being less enjoyable and in a sense pointless. What do you do if you're mid-tier... you either have to trade in a lot of quality players or just accept finishing top 10-6 for 5 years straight...

And as a new coach coming in... When you have a team with 10+ Port players... you need to fix that ASAP lol

Ziplock

what about a nomination list? You have to nominate like 5 players in your team that can't be traded, or pinched by expansion clubs (Are you guys doing expansion clubs?) for the next 3 years or something...

Master Q

JBs-Hawks

Welcome back oss.

Agree with plenty of your sentiments, Id like to keep the nucleus of my teams together I drafted them so I have faith in them.

elephants

Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 15, 2012, 06:08:17 PM

What rant?

The one up there about dudes being head coaches of more than one side in the XV's comps. Reeeaaadddd man ::)

Torpedo10

Quote from: elephants on October 15, 2012, 08:55:42 PM
Quote from: Torpedo10 on October 15, 2012, 06:08:17 PM

What rant?

The one up there about dudes being head coaches of more than one side in the XV's comps. Reeeaaadddd man ::)
That one.  :P

Colliwobblers

Welcome Back Os, sent you a PM now, since you snuck off without me saying Goodbye, I took the chance now to PM you.

You're a legend end of story. will be good to have you around, like it has always been, and take your sweet time and get relaxed and happy :)

I would not enjoy, WXVs to be honest, it's more like a trade game than a list management game.

Not knocking it but I set up AXVs the way I/We did for a reason. As long as everyone in WXVs enjoys it that is all that matters, just saying I can see where your frustration has come from as clear as I can see my own hand, before all my cans  ;)

I think you'll be a great administrator and believe you would also have the support of everyone to make subtle or not so subtle changes to make sure your creation, not only gets back to what you intended it to be, but more importantly ensure it provides great joy for all the FF Members involved in it.

anyway see you when I see you, always good to have a sounding board for when I feel like stomping my foot as I am want to do from time to time as you well know  :)