ossie85 Has Deleted His Account!!!

Started by Torpedo10, October 11, 2012, 11:27:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawka

Who cares about replacing teams at this stage!!
Ossie was one if not the most valuable member of this forum
Really hope he comes back :(

Adamant

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Adamant on October 12, 2012, 01:25:28 AM
Where has c4v3m4n been lately?  :o

The caveman was on before. He is usually quite active.

Scrads

Quote from: whatlez on October 12, 2012, 01:28:05 AM

c4v3m4n = caveman...............

Mind blown.

Ziplock

Adamant

Quote from: Scrads on October 12, 2012, 01:49:46 AM
Quote from: whatlez on October 12, 2012, 01:28:05 AM

c4v3m4n = caveman...............

Mind blown.
Haha, I found that out the other night.

monstrum

Wot did u think before? That he was just a bit special? Fat fingers maybe :P

ossie85

Hi all,

First of all, an apology - wasn't the best thing to just delete my account with little/no warning. You guys deserved better than that. Particularly to bomberboy, I overreacted and sorry to have offended you. Hope you continue to coach.

I'm still on an extended break I think, but if you'd still have me would be happy to admin the comp. As long as somebody keeps track of all the trades, I'll update the lists, etc in a few weeks.

I'm too close to the Seoul Magpies, and to be honest the kind of trades that are going around are the kind of trades that I'm not willing to do. My original idea for this game (and nobody was obliged to follow this) was to hold onto your players for years, seeing them develop into one-club players, so that one player would be synonimous with the club.

Yes, I traded out Griffen and Steven as major trades - but received solid positional players in return. I have had some incredible offers for Deledio, Dangerfield, Gibbs, etc but those were players I wanted to keep as the core of my team. Unfortunately, this kind of 'fantasy loyalty' basically guarantees limited success when other teams are changing half there list. I wasn't willing to do this, so clearly wasn't the best coach for my Magpies. I hope the new coach does well, and not that he needs it, can do whatever he wants with it.

Also, I didn't delete my account just for World XVs, it was a whole mess of things. You won't see me around too much this next month or so, but the world shouldn't stop because of my issues lol.

Cheers for the people who contacted me personally :) Convinced me to register again much earlier than I thought.

Oz

Ringo

Thanks oss. Thank you also for the detailed explanation and I can understand the decision you have made.  It is hard to keep a team strategy going when the majority of teams are going in different directions and if that is different to your goals. 

I was not involved in the initial set up of worlds  and I believe I speak for the majority of coaches when I say we are happy for you to administer the competition. You deserve it for the work you have put in to it.
Purple and I have been continuing to record trades in the thread following on from yours so will be easy for you to update.  Will continue to do this for you until you return. (Holz arranged for Purple to be able to edit thread,)

Enjoy the break and recharge the batteries in preparation for a much better 2013 SC wise

DazBurg

Quote from: Ringo on October 15, 2012, 10:17:39 AM
Thanks oss. Thank you also for the detailed explanation and I can understand the decision you have made.  It is hard to keep a team strategy going when the majority of teams are going in different directions and if that is different to your goals. 

I was not involved in the initial set up of worlds  and I believe I speak for the majority of coaches when I say we are happy for you to administer the competition. You deserve it for the work you have put in to it.
Purple and I have been continuing to record trades in the thread following on from yours so will be easy for you to update.  Will continue to do this for you until you return. (Holz arranged for Purple to be able to edit thread,)

Enjoy the break and recharge the batteries in preparation for a much better 2013 SC wise
+1
also great to see you are back and about
take care of things you need to and hopefully see you about a bit in a month or so
until then make take care and look after yourself and know we will be looking forward to when u do come back in any shape or form (i.e even if u didn't want to be administrator or anything or run nothing we still would love to have you around your a big part of what is great about this forum and we all love having you here :) )

Fletch74

Cheers Os.

Thanks for the explaination. It is very easy to make spontaneous decisions like the one you did. Sometimes we're irrational about certain things, and therefore overreact, but eventually you always make the right decision in the end.

Use the time wisely and re-charge the batteries. We all need to take time out occasionally, plus we need to focus on other important things in our lives. It is easy to get caught up on forums like this, etc when there is a whole other world out there to deal with as well.

We'll see when you get back nice and refreshed ;)

Capper

Thanks Os, great to see you back online.

Rest up mate, take some time away and re-charge for next year. You have done an awful lot for us this year and for that i thank you. At times i think we expect too much from you. Enjoy your time away and dont worry about us

bomberboy0618

Quote from: ossie85 on October 15, 2012, 09:57:02 AM

Hi all,

First of all, an apology - wasn't the best thing to just delete my account with little/no warning. You guys deserved better than that. Particularly to bomberboy, I overreacted and sorry to have offended you. Hope you continue to coach.

I'm still on an extended break I think, but if you'd still have me would be happy to admin the comp. As long as somebody keeps track of all the trades, I'll update the lists, etc in a few weeks.

I'm too close to the Seoul Magpies, and to be honest the kind of trades that are going around are the kind of trades that I'm not willing to do. My original idea for this game (and nobody was obliged to follow this) was to hold onto your players for years, seeing them develop into one-club players, so that one player would be synonimous with the club.

Yes, I traded out Griffen and Steven as major trades - but received solid positional players in return. I have had some incredible offers for Deledio, Dangerfield, Gibbs, etc but those were players I wanted to keep as the core of my team. Unfortunately, this kind of 'fantasy loyalty' basically guarantees limited success when other teams are changing half there list. I wasn't willing to do this, so clearly wasn't the best coach for my Magpies. I hope the new coach does well, and not that he needs it, can do whatever he wants with it.

Also, I didn't delete my account just for World XVs, it was a whole mess of things. You won't see me around too much this next month or so, but the world shouldn't stop because of my issues lol.

Cheers for the people who contacted me personally :) Convinced me to register again much earlier than I thought.

Oz
Thanks Oz. My conduct wasn't exactly good either.

Justin Bieber

Grazz