http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5qVLJEOTpo

POSITION: Back/Forward

HEIGHT: 196cm     WEIGHT: 96kg

OFFICIAL PRICE FOR 2013: $132,600  B/F 

2010 GAMES: 22   DT AVERAGE: 73

2011 GAMES: 7   DT AVERAGE: 53

Summary:

2009 Played 6 games and left West Coast for Brisbane

2010 The success story of the Lions imports in 2010. Tall and athletic the former eagle had the fourth most kicks, the second most marks and the fourth most rebounds from 50 for the club. Rarely lowered his colours and finished 7th in the best and fairest. Established himself as an important part of the side right from the start.

2011 Following a successful transition from West Coast in 2010. Staker started 2011 horribly undergoing LARS knee surgery after injuring his anterior cruciate ligament in round 1. Re-injured the same knee in round 23 and missed the entire 2012 season.

2012 Didnt play a game due to injury

Verdict: If he can successfully return from his knee injury and get a pre season into him with some Nab performances i dont see why he couldnt be selected to play round 1. At a price of $101,600 he would be a great bench option

Prediction: average of 60 ?
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Brent Staker soaks up Broken Hill sun before pre-season

The Brisbane Lions utility has had a turbulent year after a knee reconstruction failed to heal he was forced into a season long rehabilitation.

Speaking to Outback Outlook Brent said he is now looking forward to the 2013 season.

"It's been a tough year and I'm officially out of rehab now so I'm officially right to go".

"We're looking very strong, we have lost a few players already... but I'm hoping there's some good trades and there's some good drafting coming through in the next two months.

"I'm expecting big things because we've won our ten games this year you sort of can't rest on your laurels and say oh we've improved and won ten games," he said.

http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2012/10/04/3603734.htm

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lion Staker ready to fly again in 2013

Brisbane forward Brent Staker says he's recovering well from knee surgery and will be fit to take part in pre-season training when it starts in November.

http://www.bigpondsport.com/lion-staker-ready-to-fly-again-in-2013/tabid/91/newsid/92037/default.aspx

8/12/12    http://www.afl.com.au/news/2012-12-08/stakers

Nieso FC

Absolutely on the radar and currently in my team

quinny88

strikes91

$101,000! at that price he'll be starting in my team

Justin Bieber

Hagebear

Him and Bock with their def/fwd will be soo handy next year. Both will be locked for me.

henry

Quote from: Hagebear on October 10, 2012, 10:30:41 PM
Him and Bock with their def/fwd will be soo handy next year. Both will be locked for me.
+1, that's the best combo to utilise that link imo. Almost impossible to refuse if rookie priced such as he is on fanplanner. Provided he is named round 1 locked for me.

Footy_Boiz

If he gets a gig round 1 will pick him. Hopefully stays on the park because is exactly what Brisbane are lacking, that second foward. Should mean rocky in the mid more aswell

stew42

Pencilled in my backs... then in my fwds... then not in my team at all... now in my fwds :)

ronl

At those prices and assuming they are fully fit, not taking advantage of that flexibility would be pretty foolish.

Spinking

Effectively rookie price and with the potential to score well and play regular games.  Will be watching to see where he fits in Brisbane's line up, and whether he is fit, but definately on the radar.

Ricochet

Rookie priced and guaranteed to play all year if fit.
He's in my team and will stay there

Adamant

Will be in my team if he has a good pre-season.

Torress

staker and bock at these prices will be cool.

i'm contemplating hurley as a back premo this year as well as  starter, so 3 possible B/F's couldn't hurt.

Shihan7

If he has a good preseason then he will be a lock at that price.