Games: 18

Position: B

Average: 67.7

Tons: 3

Grade: 3/10

Yarran in 2013
Price: $359,600 (Fan Planner)
Position: B

Yarran is certainly a potential bargain for season 2013. After suffering an injury which put him on the sidelines for a few weeks early in the year, followed by a string of sub affected games and then eventually returning to a Carlton side that were in terrible shape, Yarran never really got any consistency or form which saw him average only 67 and has him priced accordingly.
With a new coach at the helm, a full strength side and being such a good user and carrier of the ball im sure Mick Malthouse will use Yarran to his strengths which will hopefully see him return to his 2011 form where he averaged 87.3
Keep an eye and ear out during the pre season and nab cup as to what his role will be because he is a star in the making and at the age of 22 by the start of the 2013 season he will be ready to take the next step

Predicted avg: 90

kilbluff1985

seriously will be watching him in the pre season and NAB Cup and will strongly consider him for my team may take a punt on him

quinny88

Really hope Mick plays him on the wing and just lets loose. Could be in for a huge year

Jroo

Quote from: quinny88 on October 10, 2012, 03:09:09 AM
Really hope Mick plays him on the wing and just lets loose. Could be in for a huge year
Yep, Malthouse should be able to bring the best out in Yarran as he is a very talented footballer. Picked him up this year at then end of the year and is inconsistent but will be fairly cheap next year

nostradamus

quinny88

Adamant

He is very underpriced with his amount of sub-affected games, just a bit too inconsistent for my liking (this may improve under Mick though)

Ricochet

He's so underpriced. I'm definitely considering him

Torress

premo defenders annoy me, everyones backline becomes so similar every season!!

anyway, yaz. i don't think its a bad pick at all. but all you really want out of your 7 defenders is all of them averaging over 90.

start of next season if he looks as if he could go 90 average, i'm on board! i'd much prefer to take a punt on a 60 odd average ''premo defender'' and maybe get stuck with an 85 average than start a guy like broughton/heppel/adcock who are at 85 average only to return what you paid for.
he'll produce more than what his starting price is, he is inconsistent but many premo defenders are so why not pay between 300k - 400k for that 90 potential average instead of getting burnt on a player 400k+ who scores the same or even less.

ubeaut

Quote from: Adamant on October 10, 2012, 08:01:24 PM
He is very underpriced with his amount of sub-affected games, just a bit too inconsistent for my liking (this may improve under Mick though)
agree here. like to see some more consistency and Malthose may help in this. very tempting price. He always burns owners,but so did Dangerfield and so glad I picked him for the first time this season from the start.

Shihan7

Speculator

Well he is definitely on my radar but it all depends on his role under Malthouse. Would need to have a ripping preseason to make my team but I agree he looks to be underpriced. If he gets fit and Carlton take the next step he could be really great.

aces-high

Popey99

He's in for me at the moment. I currently have Gibbs, Broughton, Grimes, Heppell, Yarran, Bock, Pedersen, Pittard and Docherty in the backs.