Main Menu

Is Lewis Jetta the fastest in the AFL?

Started by meow meow, October 10, 2012, 01:46:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

valkorum

Quote from: Holzman on October 10, 2012, 12:38:45 PM
Quote from: valkorum on October 10, 2012, 12:29:30 PM
Must be a different race then - I remember a race where Hill was out of the blocks real quick then got caught up and swallowed by the pack

2009 Hill was miles ahead after about 10m. Than Rhys Stanley went on to win.

Thats the one.  As I was saying, Hill is gets to top speed very very quickly but he doesnt have the best top speed in the league.  I still reckon Dangerfield has a very fast top speed.

monstrum

Tominator

I reckon Dangerfield would be the non-fastest Aborginal player in the competition (Rioli is Tiwi but that group - amazing people - are classified as Aboriginal too) but Danger has won the Gillette GF Sprint back to back, and watching Rioli and Jetta go at it down the back flank in the GF was amazing

1) Jetta
2) Cyril
3) Dangerfield

Btw that is not meant to be racist in any way shape or form

meow meow

Caolan Mooney didn't go to the draft camp, but Collingwood tested him to see how he would compare to other draftees.

His time would have broken the 20 metre sprint record.

His time would have beaten the agility test record.

His running vertical leap would have beaten Naitanui and Brennan's record.

My money is on the Irish roadrunner.

quinny88

It depends on a lot of variables.
quickest player over 20m, 50m, 100m... etc it would be a different person for every category.

Also being quick running in a straight line like dangerfield or zig zagging around everyone like Cyril or Yarran. Plus the factor of having the ball in your hand bouncing, or chasing can change that.

All I know is that the guy I like to watch take off with the pill in his hand the most is Lewis Jetta and im yet to see anyone lay a glove on him

Tominator

Quote from: quinny88 on October 10, 2012, 02:13:41 PM
It depends on a lot of variables.
quickest player over 20m, 50m, 100m... etc it would be a different person for every category.

Also being quick running in a straight line like dangerfield or zig zagging around everyone like Cyril or Yarran. Plus the factor of having the ball in your hand bouncing, or chasing can change that.

All I know is that the guy I like to watch take off with the pill in his hand the most is Lewis Jetta and im yet to see anyone lay a glove on him

Dangerfield did... Literally haha, he was wearing a glove  ::)

Ringo

Maybe a bit biased but Jiosh Green has a blistering turn of speed as well.  Was displayed in games for the Lions when he outpaced defenders after getting the ball on the forward flanks.

Tominator

Quote from: Ringo on October 10, 2012, 03:20:21 PM
Maybe a bit biased but Jiosh Green has a blistering turn of speed as well.  Was displayed in games for the Lions when he outpaced defenders after getting the ball on the forward flanks.

that game where he kicked four last quarter goals as a sub was awesome, until then I honestly thought he was crap

Jroo

Quote from: meow meow on October 10, 2012, 01:46:40 AM
Is anyone quicker than this guy over 50 metres? Cyril can't keep up. Dangerfield can't touch him.

Alan Toovey would be in with a shot. Caolan Mooney might push him. Tim Golds is lightening.

Who is the number 1 challenger? My vote would be this guy. He's not even going at full speed and he burns everyone off:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Ekoi1f9p8
That was actually a good goal by Tambling!  :o
Yarran and Stephen Hill are others who have a lot of pace

Justin Bieber

Lol nice with Tambling haha.

Jetta looked shower in the Grand Final Sprint last year.

Cyril struggled to catch him because he was getting shepparded half the run.

When he ran Danger down, he obviously wasn't that tired and hadn't done enough hard work, on the other hand Danger was flowered and just didn't have enough in the tank. Likewise when Danger couldn't catch him. Once again he was flowered and Jetta is an outside player so he has 2 runs a game and does not break a sweat so he can run full pace, whereas, Danger has worked hard all game and then is still almost able to match him. If they were both 100% fresh, Danger would flower up Jetta any day of the week and this how it is. Danger was working harder that game and was more fatigued so that is why Jetta was able to outrun him.

Justin Bieber

And wow, White was 2 metres behind and still won...

lachie_001

Quote from: whatlez on October 10, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

When he ran Danger down, he obviously wasn't that tired and hadn't done enough hard work, on the other hand Danger was flowered and just didn't have enough in the tank. Likewise when Danger couldn't catch him. Once again he was flowered and Jetta is an outside player so he has 2 runs a game and does not break a sweat so he can run full pace, whereas, Danger has worked hard all game and then is still almost able to match him. If they were both 100% fresh, Danger would flower up Jetta any day of the week and this how it is. Danger was working harder that game and was more fatigued so that is why Jetta was able to outrun him.
+1 I totally agree with you, I remember that day, danger was getting crunched every time he tried to escape the pack

1. Dangerfield
2. Jetta
3. Rohan

Jroo

Quote from: brad on October 10, 2012, 12:28:55 PM
what about Matt White from the Tiges? i played footy with him and he was crazy quick

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZVmdL5-6kqc
He is super quick

My Chumps

Quote from: whatlez on October 10, 2012, 06:41:29 PM

When he ran Danger down, he obviously wasn't that tired and hadn't done enough hard work, on the other hand Danger was flowered and just didn't have enough in the tank. Likewise when Danger couldn't catch him. Once again he was flowered and Jetta isan outside player so he has 2 runs a game and does not break a sweat so he can run full pace, whereas, Danger has worked hard all game and then is still almost able to match him. If they were both 100% fresh, Danger would flower up Jetta any day of the week and this how it is. Danger was working harder that game and was more fatigued so that is why Jetta was able to outrun him.
Where do you come up with this shower?  ::)

Cyril was barley shepparded out at all... Jetta had the ball in hand, was bouncing and he was still quicker than Rioli.

Honestly, that bolded bit is the stupidest thing I've ever read... ever. Just because he only has a couple of runs with the ball, the amount of work that every player does on the ground is immense. To say he doesn't break a sweat is ludicris.

Tominator

Picture that if Rohan gets traded for Tippett.....

Rohan and Dangerfield in one team   :D