2013 Player Profile: Brian Lake

Started by Jukes, October 09, 2012, 08:43:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Adamant

Will need see what role he plays in NAB before deciding, but 50/50 atm.

Capper

not at that price as i only got him this year due to his cheap price.

Also will play FB on the FF with Gibson moping up

grant17

Definitely considering him. I think Lake's problem this year was that the bulldogs never really got too much of a chance to chip around in defence because most of the time they were losing.

Interestingly, Lake played in 4 wins for the Bulldogs in 2012, and averaged 105ish with a low of 94 in those wins. The hawks are obviously going to win the majority of their games, and with there kick to kick game style , I think lake could easily average 90+.

Jukes

Quote from: grant17 on October 10, 2012, 02:28:35 AM
Definitely considering him. I think Lake's problem this year was that the bulldogs never really got too much of a chance to chip around in defence because most of the time they were losing.

Interestingly, Lake played in 4 wins for the Bulldogs in 2012, and averaged 105ish with a low of 94 in those wins. The hawks are obviously going to win the majority of their games, and with there kick to kick game style , I think lake could easily average 90+.

This is exactly why to get him. I'm going to use this quote in the OP as well.

Scrads

Have to admit, you make a good argument.

If there were less options I was already set on then I may consider but if he kills it early I might jump on.

strikes91

Whorethorn are sluts at chipping around. brians favourite thing to do

Spinking

As above - I'll be looking at what his role is before making a call.  If he is playing at full back and will be involved in the passing around out of defence I'll be getting on him.  My concern is that with such a talented, precise kicking defence the Hawks wont get it in his hands as much as the Dogs did.

Time will tell anyway...

Ricochet

Definitely considering him now he is at Hawks. He should thrive on their style of play.
I can already see sooo many +6's

Shihan7

Need to see NAB form before locking in :P

Grazz

Quote from: Shihan7 on October 16, 2012, 11:43:34 PM
Need to see NAB form before locking in :P

Yeh this is critical to his chances of making my team. Gotta stay open minded now a change of team has occured.

Mr.Craig

I'm not sure the NAB will give a true indication considering Hawthorn's soft draw but it will at least let us see how they are going to structure things. It might come down to how well I can use the spare money if I pick him ahead of Duffield/Heppell/Hanley.

The_Captain

Cant see him doing all that great. Nothing better than an 80 average anyway.

Adamant

Im paying an extra 28k and going Duffield.

Wont completely rule Lake out, but will need to perform in NAB.

Shihan7

Quote from: Adamant on November 10, 2012, 05:13:08 PM

Same, I think Lake's much safer to be looked as an upgrade target.

Grazz

Quote from: Shihan7 on November 13, 2012, 06:09:41 PM
Quote from: Adamant on November 10, 2012, 05:13:08 PM

Same, I think Lake's much safer to be looked as an upgrade target.

Hopefuly NAB shows us something concrete but tend to agree at the minute the safest option may be wait and see as an early upgrade option.