Main Menu

Jump into earth

Started by Master Q, October 09, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
Quote from: monstrum on October 10, 2012, 09:19:55 PM
Hows the dog grazz? ... Had a bath yet  :D

Nuh but i did have to get face cloth and give him a wipe over, he didnt seem to mind just licked himself. Probably got more on my lap top than him. New rule dont be taking a drink when you open up a thread to see a new post. :-\
Theres some funny buggers here and when i saw the balloons i lost it haha.

Sorry mate. :-[ ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 11, 2012, 12:09:13 AM
Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 10:08:16 PM
Quote from: monstrum on October 10, 2012, 09:19:55 PM
Hows the dog grazz? ... Had a bath yet  :D

Nuh but i did have to get face cloth and give him a wipe over, he didnt seem to mind just licked himself. Probably got more on my lap top than him. New rule dont be taking a drink when you open up a thread to see a new post. :-\
Theres some funny buggers here and when i saw the balloons i lost it haha.

Sorry mate. :-[ ;)

LOL no appology needed mate it was hilarious, keep em coming i'll just where a bib in future. :P

Tominator

so is this guy like suicidal or something? haha he must have balls of steel, when does it happen ?

valkorum

1st attempt was Tuesday night but the conditions werent good.  I think the next attempt was originally scheduled for tonight - havent heard if its still confirmed for tonight or not.

Grazz

Quote from: valkorum on October 11, 2012, 04:56:02 PM
1st attempt was Tuesday night but the conditions werent good.  I think the next attempt was originally scheduled for tonight - havent heard if its still confirmed for tonight or not.

I saw something on the news this morning that said tonight Thursday there, has been scrubbed aswell due to weather/wind not being ideal. :(

Master Q

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 07:40:19 PM
Quote from: Master Q link=topic=68593.msg 907088#msg 907088 date=1349857602
They've only got 1 more balloon. Looks like we will be waiting awhile.

I was surprised they only had 2 balloons and even more surprised that once they take it out the box they cant
use it again. Any idea why that is.
Can't take any risks. 1 small break in the balloon and once he is in space he is done. They only had 2 balloons ones like they are using aren't made often  :P

So, when is he diving?

Grazz

Havent heard anything lately Q, i might go have a search and see if i can get an update.

Edit: Sunday appears to be the next chance for them to try again.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/technology/felix-baumgartners-space-jump-scrubbed-again-due-to-bad-weather/story-fn5kftjr-1226493270045

Mr.Craig

If my calculations are correct that would make the next attempt 8:30pm EST on Saturday night.

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 12, 2012, 11:14:16 PM
If my calculations are correct that would make the next attempt 8:30pm EST on Saturday night.

Yeh sometime Saturday night early Sunday.

Maca24

Where is he meant to land? :P

Mr.Craig

Scrap that, the official countdown is 1 day, 3 hours as I write this. So it should be Sunday night about 11pm EST.

elephants

Quote from: Maca24 on October 12, 2012, 11:29:30 PM
Where is he meant to land? :P

Somewhere in the Mexico desert ;)

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 13, 2012, 09:02:05 PM

Scrap that, the official countdown is 1 day, 3 hours as I write this. So it should be Sunday night about 11pm EST.

and about 3 hours to get to the altitude,

Grazz

I found this to be interesting, the balloon is thinner than a plastic shopping bag from the Supermarket and worth 250k per balloon.

Maca24

Quote from: Grazz on October 14, 2012, 11:02:43 AM
I found this to be interesting, the balloon is thinner than a plastic shopping bag from the Supermarket and worth 250k per balloon.
:o wow. Surely this won't work :P