Main Menu

Jump into earth

Started by Master Q, October 09, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grazz

Yeh another delay but they have till 5am our eastern time to have a go at it, conditions have improved slightly
but not enough to start filling the balloon which will take 90 minutes. If its no go today/tonight the following day is out due to weather on the ground but the day after looks good. Might put the kettle on gunna be a long night by the looks.
7 wont update for a couple of hours now they said so its kinda just wait and see really.

elephants

Well I reckon I'll hit the hay and wake up in time for the Today Show and Karl Stefanovic's quality insight on a range of pressing and relevant issues :P

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 02:34:15 AM
Yeh another delay but they have till 5am our eastern time to have a go at it, conditions have improved slightly
but not enough to start filling the balloon which will take 90 minutes. If its no go today/tonight the following day is out due to weather on the ground but the day after looks good. Might put the kettle on gunna be a long night by the looks.
7 wont update for a couple of hours now they said so its kinda just wait and see really.
I gave up on 7Mate updates as want to watch other stuff, but everytime I tune back in, I catch the end of the update, which says they'll come back later -_-. Looks to be a long night indeed :(.

Grazz

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 10, 2012, 02:45:36 AM
I gave up on 7Mate updates as want to watch other stuff, but everytime I tune back in, I catch the end of the update, which says they'll come back later -_-. Looks to be a long night indeed :(.

Im looking at the link you put now HP, not much of a Swat fan so ive changed chanels meself .

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 02:51:25 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 10, 2012, 02:45:36 AM
Im looking at the link you put now HP, not much of a Swat fan so ive changed chanels meself .
The link I put was just a little background for it by ninemsn, I found the site off google with all the details regarding why they're doing it, who he is, etc. But the livestream off that needs this javascript or something so wouldn't run for me.

Think I changed it at 11:40 when it was showing this weird video show (which I watched one night with friends... good to make fun off and laugh at though :P).

Grazz

That link you put up has them saying they are laying the balloon out now for an attempt. Come on !!!.

Grazz

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2012, 02:42:50 AM
Well I reckon I'll hit the hay and wake up in time for the Today Show and Karl Stefanovic's quality insight on a range of pressing and relevant issues :P

haha like Hotdogs today.

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 03:11:01 AM
That link you put up has them saying they are laying the balloon out now for an attempt. Come on !!!.
Haha, well it hasn't really updated at all, so not as good as the one Mr. Craig gave :P.

I should stop procrastinating, and do something productive :P.

Grazz

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 10, 2012, 03:15:06 AM
Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 03:11:01 AM
Haha, well it hasn't really updated at all, so not as good as the one Mr. Craig gave :P.

I should stop procrastinating, and do something productive :P.

i'll get that one up aswell. i was just reading on the link you put up about a guy that entered a Cockroach eating contest to win a Python and then died out front of the Reptile shop that ran the contest, crazy what people will do i couldnt eat one feel sick just thinking about it. Them big suckers to yuck.

monstrum

Baumgartner isn’t the first to undertake a high-altitude jump. That honor belongs to Capt. Joseph Kittinger, a U.S. Air Force pilot who undertook jumps for Project Excelsior.

On June 2, 1957, Kittinger ascended to a height a 96,784 feet in a balloon as part of Project Manhigh. Over the next two years, two other pilots, Major David Simons and Lieutenant Clifton McClure, reached heights of 98,097 and 101,516 feet respectively.

Kittinger then undertook three jumps as part of Project Excelsior. In the first jump on November 16, 1959, Kittinger jumped out of a balloon at 76,400 feet and lost consciousness, saved only by an automatic parachute which opened at 10,000 feet. Three weeks later Kittinger jumped from an altitude of 74,700 feet and was in free fall for 55,000 feet. The final jump, on August 16, 1960, found Kittinger rising to a height of 102,800 feet, breaking the previous manned balloon record. On ascent, Kittinger lost the function of his right hand due to extreme low pressure but jumped anyway from 102,800 feet. He free fell for 4 minutes and 36 seconds.

[]Baumgartner’s Red Bull Stratos jump], he will jump from a record 120,000 feet, hoping to become the first skydiver to break the sound barrier.

Grazz

haha no he's Austrian mate theres an A and a L missing.
Its looking like its going to happen pity theres no sound to the link ive got.

Nails

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJ5ItzEq3M&feature=player_embedded#!

There's no sound anywhere yet mate. The broadcast starts in 6 minutes.

Mons/Grazz check out the link I posted if you want more info on this jump, mine was quite interesting IMO :o

Grazz

Quote from: Nails on October 10, 2012, 05:30:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vkJ5ItzEq3M&feature=player_embedded#!

There's no sound anywhere yet mate. The broadcast starts in 6 minutes.

Mons/Grazz check out the link I posted if you want more info on this jump, mine was quite interesting IMO :o

Thanks nails.

monstrum

Ohh austrian  :-[

Thought it was another " he spent 5 minutes here. He's australian!"

Spewin im on 3G i cant watch it  >:(

Nails

7mate's footage better than online.