Main Menu

Jump into earth

Started by Master Q, October 09, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

monstrum

I wonder if the camera man gets any credit for jumping?  ???

;)

Nails

elephants

What's the latest?

Not sure why they are showing this live. Really could go very wrong and that wouldnt make pretty viewing...

Boomz

Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2012, 01:48:44 AM
What's the latest?

Not sure why they are showing this live. Really could go very wrong and that wouldnt make pretty viewing...

20 second delay apparently.

Mr.Craig

All I'm seeing is car chases on 7mate. Did I miss out already?

Edit - Ah, okay. Just saw Grazz's comment.

elephants

Quote from: Boomz on October 10, 2012, 01:51:57 AM
Quote from: elephants on October 10, 2012, 01:48:44 AM
What's the latest?

20 second delay apparently.

Hmmm okay. So we will just be cut out then about 20 seconds prior to his body exploding into a trillion pieces..

Seems legit.

I really hope he makes it. Been planning this jump for 5 years or something!?

Capper

Grazz

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2012, 02:06:00 AM

No you havent missed it, still to windy at 250 metres above the ground. Apparently the capsule is still on the ground when the balloons at 250 metres and with a 30 kmh wind it would just drag him and the capsule along the ground. Still a chance they may get it done tonight but not looking good, waiting for the next update then we should know if its no or go tonight.

Justin Bieber

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8545198/live-stream-austrian-to-jump-from-edge-of-space

Ninemsn showing live feed ^^, and says next update is 9:30am MDT (I think that's 5:30am AEST when looking at the time a pic on twitter was posted by these guys) and next possible launch is 11:30am MDT (I think it's 7:30am). I have no idea on the times though, but what I can estimate :-\.

elephants

Quote from: Grazz on October 10, 2012, 02:12:43 AM
Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2012, 02:06:00 AM

No you havent missed it, still to windy at 250 metres above the ground. Apparently the capsule is still on the ground when the balloons at 250 metres and with a 30 kmh wind it would just drag him and the capsule along the ground. Still a chance they may get it done tonight but not looking good, waiting for the next update then we should know if its no or go tonight.

Really appreciate the updates Grazza! :)

Relying on this to keep me informed 8)

Grazz

No worries ele, i'll keep putting stuff up as it comes through.

Mr.Craig

Quote from: Hellopplz on October 10, 2012, 02:15:36 AM
http://news.ninemsn.com.au/world/8545198/live-stream-austrian-to-jump-from-edge-of-space

Ninemsn showing live feed ^^, and says next update is 9:30am MDT (I think that's 5:30am AEST when looking at the time a pic on twitter was posted by these guys) and next possible launch is 11:30am MDT (I think it's 7:30am). I have no idea on the times though, but what I can estimate :-\.

Just read this -

12:30AM AEDT 10/10: Mission update: Another weather conditions delay. This time 11:30 MDT (4:30am AEDT in Australia) is the earliest launch. Damn it. Not looking good for us Aussies with early starts! Unless you’re in Perth of course!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/10/the-red-bull-space-jump-actually-happens-tonight/

Justin Bieber

Quote from: Mr.Craig on October 10, 2012, 02:19:40 AM
Quote from: Hellopplz on October 10, 2012, 02:15:36 AM

Just read this -

12:30AM AEDT 10/10: Mission update: Another weather conditions delay. This time 11:30 MDT (4:30am AEDT in Australia) is the earliest launch. Damn it. Not looking good for us Aussies with early starts! Unless you’re in Perth of course!

http://www.gizmodo.com.au/2012/10/the-red-bull-space-jump-actually-happens-tonight/
Cheers Craig :). I never know about these time differences so helps alot!

CrowsFan

Thing is once it launches I think I heard before that it will take a few hours before he gets to the correct height to jump from. Surely that's too long though?

Justin Bieber

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 10, 2012, 02:24:58 AM
Thing is once it launches I think I heard before that it will take a few hours before he gets to the correct height to jump from. Surely that's too long though?
I'll probably miss it so will have to read about it today at Uni :(. May as well stay up and test my luck :P.