Main Menu

Jump into earth

Started by Master Q, October 09, 2012, 07:17:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Master Q

So if you haven't heard already a red bull sky diver will become the first man to jump from space into earth, breaking many records. I don't know all the details but a quick search will bring up many articles... It's all over the news.

Anyway coverage starts from 11:20 ESDT time on 7mate. Not sure if it's live or a recap.

What are your predictions? Because millions of people could just be tuning it to watch someone die  :P

Ziplock

apparently if there's any tear in his suit, he's going to die horribly...

Ringo

The first 3o seconds are the key apparently. If successful will be the first man to break the sound barrier with only the Human Body.  The 26km fall will only take 6 minutes so do not blink.  Not much room for advertising although Red Bull are sponsoring.

Master Q

Yeah agree with both of you.

I'm suprised that it hasn't been built up that much. It's a huge world event. If successful sky diving will no longer be out of planes but out of balloons in space  :P

Cicjose

13Brummy

Bloody territory doesn't have 7mate  >:(

Ringo

Quote from: Cicjose on October 09, 2012, 09:36:45 PM
where can i see this?
7 mate 11:15pm tonight Cic Do not know whether that is Daylight saving time or Eastern Standard.

Master Q

11:15 in Melbourne and Sydney because of Daylight savings. No idea why it isn't on 7. I'm sure they will go to a news break as soon as it happens.

monstrum

Thats awesome, im stuck at work :( plz can u guys keep me posted on here later! :)

monstrum

Red bull really does giv u wings!!  ::)

Nails

Quote from: Ringo on October 09, 2012, 08:45:03 PM
The first 3o seconds are the key apparently. If successful will be the first man to break the sound barrier with only the Human Body.  The 26km fall will only take 6 minutes so do not blink.  Not much room for advertising although Red Bull are sponsoring.

Apparently it's like 36km and 10 minutes

shower DID I MISS IT? flower

CrowsFan

No you didn't nails. It has been delayed because it was too windy

monstrum

Quote from: CrowsFan on October 10, 2012, 01:13:47 AM
No you didn't nails. It has been delayed because it was too windy

Too windy?!   :o

I think he has to worry about getting to the wind first!

Boomz

... Kind of glad I can't watch.

Grazz

Yep to windy at the minute, going to have another look at 12.30am eastern time but apparently they have to either go by 1.00am eatern time or it will be called off for today. Hope the weather comes good been looking forward to this. Waiting waiting waiting.