Main Menu

First Round Picks

Started by Ricochet, October 09, 2012, 12:19:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ricochet

So it looks very likely that you guys will get pick 3 off Melbourne soon, giving you 1,2,3 and 12.

Who are you most likely to take?
A bit of talk it will be Whitfield, Grundy and Toumpas as the top 3.

Ziplock

sounds about right- we need a young ruck, whitfields supposed to be ridiculous, and toumpas is probably up there...

/////////////////////////

we also have pick 12 and 20. five first round picks again this year. other teams dont stand a chance in a few years time.

Ricochet

and you now have 13 as well!

Craig Hutchison ‏@craighutchy
Hogan deal to cost dees 3 and 13, get back 20 and gws kid. Be done by time @traderadio returns at 3pm. Gws 1,2,3,12,13 - scary !

Bill Manspeaker

very early call.. but GWS could very well be building the greatest team of all time? if they manage to keep all their high picks

Ricochet

Quote from: brad on October 09, 2012, 03:03:31 PM
very early call.. but GWS could very well be building the greatest team of all time? if they manage to keep all their high picks
that will be the biggest hurdle... and i dont think they will be able to tbh
look at this interest in Tyson and Giles already this year

tbagrocks

Big questions need to be asked by the AFL as to why they have 5 top picks instead of going after senior players! Tanking! They're not trying to put the best list on the field next year and that is tanking!

Capper

so GWS are now looking at having 1, 2, 3, 12, 13 and 20 just in the first round

aces-high

Gonna be scary in 3 years!!

Justin Bieber

But the kids will never develop if they play with no senior bodies.

How it looks the only player who will be older than them will be Callum Ward.

Ziplock

Quote from: tabs on October 09, 2012, 06:18:48 PM
so GWS are now looking at having 1, 2, 3, 12, 13 and 20 just in the first round

we traded pick 20 tabs

lez, you forgot giles :P

we'll probably grab seaby as a back up ruck, and *maybe* moloney on a 2 year contract. I still think we should go connors (with a a clause that allows the termination of his contract if he flowers up again).

Justin Bieber

Giles to leave. I heard he getting 175k a year at the Giants. God that is a spit in the face.

Warnock at Carlton is getting like 300-400k a year and Giles is 3x better than that spud.

Ziplock

I think he was initially offered 175k, hence the contract re-negotiations.

Justin Bieber

Hence the spit in the face. And he deserves it. If he didn't play this year they probably would of struggled to win a game.

Capper

the other problem is that in about 3-5 years how do they keep all these kids under the salary cap??