Main Menu

All Time Footy Draft Game, best 18!

Started by tbagrocks, October 08, 2012, 10:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

I would've given it to Lockett, Dunstall, Hudson. Ablett or Coleman.

But I guess I'm pretty clueless  :(

Boomz

JBs-Hawks

There's actually two that should have been picked one that is obviously the best ever and one that has pretty similar numbers.

TeeJay

Quote from: Mailman the 2nd on November 10, 2012, 09:46:24 AM

Not clueless at all your spot on.
The person these guys are talking about is quite clearly NOT the best full forward of all time.

tbagrocks

Quote from: TeeJay on November 10, 2012, 02:16:26 PM

The person these guys are talking about is quite clearly NOT the best full forward of all time.
Like you would know ::) Typical Victorian bias ::)

Newsflash, Victoria is not the only place great footballers have played ::)

CrowsFan

Can I just join in the draft now and you give me 10 picks in a row? He will be my first picked...

tbagrocks

Quote from: CrowsFan on November 10, 2012, 02:36:00 PM
Can I just join in the draft now and you give me 10 picks in a row? He will be my first picked...
Don't think we can do that but you're welcome to judge the outcome ;D Or lend assistance to some of the coaches. :P, But I've still got some gems to come ;D

JBs-Hawks

My moneys on c.f. if he got 10 picks in a row :P

Kellogscrunchynut

Alright now I've figured it out, Victorian bias out the window.

TeeJay

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 10, 2012, 02:28:23 PM
Quote from: TeeJay on November 10, 2012, 02:16:26 PM

Like you would know ::) Typical Victorian bias ::)

Newsflash, Victoria is not the only place great footballers have played ::)

Im not from victoria you moron!
I know who they are talking about and although his record is amazing he is NOT the best full forward to play the game.
News flash for you.... The vfl/afl are the best leagues this country had/has. Anything outside was 2nd rate

JBs-Hawks

Not before the 70s when the vfl started buying other players before that they were all somewhat equal.

TeeJay

Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 10, 2012, 07:16:31 PM
Not before the 70s when the vfl started buying other players before that they were all somewhat equal.

Thats a personal opinion.
If you look through the history books the vfl/afl are the records that are reguarded as the true records for Australian rules football. The others arent even kept with them because it was and is the best league. If he was that good he would have come across to the big time. Comparing any league to vfl/afl is like comparing local footy records to afl records

quinny88

Can people please stop hinting at players and putting their 2 cents in during the draft.
It's up to the people involved to pick who they think their personal best 18 are without the influence from others. Leave the judgements out until after its finished before telling us who we have missed out on and done wrong.

P.s Monstrum... are you still alive ? 

AFEV

Quote from: TeeJay on November 10, 2012, 07:35:29 PM
Quote from: JBs-Hawks on November 10, 2012, 07:16:31 PM

Thats a personal opinion.
If you look through the history books the vfl/afl are the records that are reguarded as the true records for Australian rules football. The others arent even kept with them because it was and is the best league. If he was that good he would have come across to the big time. Comparing any league to vfl/afl is like comparing local footy records to afl records
Um, they don't use the VFL records because it was the 'best league'.

I'm sorry but arguing the VFL has always been the premier league is just ignorant, and that's coming from a Victorian. :-X

TeeJay

You dont think the vfl was the premier league? (before afl)