Started by tbagrocks, October 08, 2012, 10:04:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mailman the 2nd

tbagrocks

AFEV

Quote from: tbagrocks on November 03, 2012, 12:54:01 PM
Glen Archer
You mean Glenn Archer? ;)

Best full forward still not picked, although I suppose you could make an argument for Hudson as well.

Tbag is right though, while the VFL was the premier competition for the better part of the 20th century there have been great players to come out of the WA(N)FL, SANFL, TFL and even the VFA. It's kind of stupid that players coming out of leagues other than the VFL don't get the same recognition.

You don't have to look far to find out who these players are either by the way. ;)

c4v3m4n

Quote from: Sid on November 03, 2012, 01:35:35 PM
Glen Archer

Best full forward still not picked, although I suppose you could make an argument for Hudson as well.

Tbag is right though, while the VFL was the premier competition for the better part of the 20th century there have been great players to come out of the WA(N)FL, SANFL, TFL and even the VFA. It's kind of stupid that players coming out of leagues other than the VFL don't get the same recognition.

You don't have to look far to find out who these players are either by the way. ;)

Perhaps you should direct them to our draft. That was hands down the best draft ever done. Me with my 7 power forwards. :P

monstrum

stew42

Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 03, 2012, 01:47:18 PM
Glen Archer

Perhaps you should direct them to our draft. That was hands down the best draft ever done. Me with my 7 power forwards. :P
Do you have a link for that team? I'm curious  ;D

c4v3m4n

Quote from: stew42 on November 03, 2012, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: c4v3m4n on November 03, 2012, 01:47:18 PM
Glen Archer

Do you have a link for that team? I'm curious  ;D

Well there are two that I have done. One actually had 8 tall forwards... :o

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,38704.msg532850.html#msg532850

...this one was much more balanced with just the 6. :P

http://www.fanfooty.com.au/forum/index.php/topic,44558.0.html

Kellogscrunchynut

I love the era's idea that you had going.

monstrum

FK my teams good. Wish i got G Jako though! I took the punt on letting him slip and took harvey instead and quinny took him the very next pick lol!

Poor move on my part!

Has everyone got a spine drafted!?

quinny88

Quote from: monstrum on November 03, 2012, 06:00:00 PM
FK my teams good. Wish i got G Jako though! I took the punt on letting him slip and took harvey instead and quinny took him the very next pick lol!

Poor move on my part!

Has everyone got a spine drafted!?

Haha sorry mate, its happened to me a few times don't worry ;)

Ill take Peter Matera

13Brummy

Kellogscrunchynut

The three time Magarey Medalist Lindsey Head.

Mailman the 2nd

I'll take Paul Roos

Current team

Back:   ____ ,  Jack Regan, John Nicholls

H-Back: _____,   Paul Roos  _____,

Centre: _______, Gary Ablett Jnr., _____

H-Forward:____, Ted Whitten Snr,_____

Forward: Malcom Blight, Gordon Coventry, _____

Foll: Jack Dyer, ______, Barry Cable   

tbagrocks

Real sorry guys been busy today, well I'll take Port Adelaide legend and 7 time Premiership player (one with West Adelaide), 34 state games for SA

Fos Williams

monstrum

I thought i was imagining things! Im still not convinced this guy isnt gone!!

Keith Greig