Main Menu

Do you know how to solve a rubix cube?

Started by whatlez, October 08, 2012, 03:54:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

fidou

valkorum

I can solve the 3x3 cube in under 2mins.  My best time is about 1min 30sec.  The world record is around 6 seconds - by a kid from Melbourne actually.

There are 5 algorhytms that you need to know (2 algorhytms are actually reversable so 7 if so you count them). 

Justin Bieber

Quote from: valkorum on October 09, 2012, 12:54:13 PM
I can solve the 3x3 cube in under 2mins.  My best time is about 1min 30sec.  The world record is around 6 seconds - by a kid from Melbourne actually.

There are 5 algorhytms that you need to know (2 algorhytms are actually reversable so 7 if so you count them). 

Yeah I can do it in about 2 mins. My cube is really stiff so it's hard to go quick. If I had one of those quick ones I could push 1 minute :o

Grazz

Justin Bieber

No I just watched YouTube video for about 2-3 hours lol and that's how I learnt how to do it :P

Dudge

Quote from: whatlez on October 09, 2012, 04:24:06 PM
No I just watched YouTube video for about 2-3 hours lol and that's how I learnt how to do it :P

See Lez, when Ringo and myself were solving it , there was no internet, so we did it the hard way :)

Kellogscrunchynut

Met some guy at the start of the year who could do it in 20 seconds, for memory he told me that the record is around 5 seconds.

monstrum

Quote from: Kellogscrunchynut on October 09, 2012, 08:20:55 PM
Met some guy at the start of the year who could do it in 20 seconds, for memory he told me that the record is around 5 seconds.

:o 5 SECONDS!?

would it depend on how it was mixed up?

Or can any cube be solved in a certain amount of moves. I mean how many turns could u even do in 5 seconds.

Justin Bieber

monstrum

Grazz

Quote from: Dudge on October 09, 2012, 06:10:42 PM
Quote from: whatlez on October 09, 2012, 04:24:06 PM

See Lez, when Ringo and myself were solving it , there was no internet, so we did it the hard way :)

haha no cars either and the cubes were made of wood.. :-X

Grazz

Shihan7

Grazz

Justin Bieber